Thread: This is a Witty Title

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Default This is a Witty Title

Hello, everyone! Some of you may know me, others not so much. Since my favorite RP partner dumped me (literally, in fact), I've been struggling with depression and demotivation, as I had so many planned stories that will now never be written...

So my activity dropped for awhile, but I'm trying to return with new ideas, as I can't let one (redacted) girl destroy my life forever, right? But in order to do so, I need more partners!

I once posted a list of things that I like to include in RPs in my blog, here. I have a ton of ideas running through my head lately, typically in the realm of sci fi and fantasy, as I hate the modern world almost as much as it hates me. I don't particularly like fandom stories, though I don't mind using some of the same tropes in order to build original stories.

Some of my ideas tend towards the more exotic, and explore concepts that aren't considered socially acceptable in today's world, but more on that if and when you decide to push boundaries. Most of my stories tend to involve knights and wizards trying to save the world from evil.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Love to do Romance RP.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wish you well in finding some new RP partner.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Your list is very long Holeypaladin...lol...but I think we could find something to write about if you are willing to deal with a newish writer of fantasy. I typically dabble in horror, but as the genre is pretty dry here lately, a lot of my stories are leaning towards fantasy now.

Perhaps you could send me some of your ideas in a PM and we could discuss things? I love the planning stages! I don't have any ideas of my own right now, but I am not too picky. Mostly, I like a good bit of action and danger in my plots.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

There's a few areas where fantasy and horror overlap... I'll send you some ideas!

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

My own ideas are all over the place most of the time, but just out of curiosity (and since that's where most of my more current ideas are as of now), what kind(s) of mythology do you prefer? Greco-Roman, Egyptian, Norse, etc.? Any particular myths/stories you would like to RP a spin-off of? And so on and so forth.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Greek mythology is actually my least favorite as I feel like it's been done to death to the point where everyone associates the word "mythology" with "ancient Greece." I like to use mythological elements in fantasy settings, if that makes sense... so gods, demigods, knights, and wizards. Norse mythology (non-Marvel please!) is pretty good... Valkyries in particular are interesting, but also Alfheim elves and such. Fairy mythology is good, as is Catholic angel mythology... haven't done much Egyptian, though it could be interesting. Can throw in Asian mythology and evil Aztecs too... I don't mind mixing mythologies together to have conflict between rival pantheons that are fought by mortals on the material world. Really, I tend to take inspiration from mythologies and apply it to fantasy stories, rather than having a straight up rewrite of an epic poem... though I do have a few interesting ideas regarding the mythical sword Excalibur. I also occasionally explore the idea of "what happens when you kill a god?"
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 09-15-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Very interesting... Some of those I may need to research in more detail, but I would be all for using mythological elements in fantasy stories. Any chance you could PM me some of your Excalibur ideas, for starters?
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Sure, no problem! But yeah, mythology is something you need to learn a bit of before telling a story... thankfully though, it's typically been told so many times in so many ways with so many details changed, that it can be rewritten pretty easily to suit the needs of the story, as well. I'll send you that thing, then!