Thread: Valhalla Rising- OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Vikings make me all tingly inside
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default Valhalla Rising- OOC

Here goes:

A ship of Danes have left their homeland on a voyage. A voyage that will birth over 200 years of raiding, killing, and stealing across virgin seas into unsuspecting countries. A voyage that will make them rich...or claim their lives.
    The sea is a cruel mistress, a heaving, craving, hungry force which takes souls by the mouthful and when she rises, one might find himself in Valhalla…..or lost.

This RP will focus on more historically accurate story lines. A quick google of Viking history will be about all you will need. The Viking religion was dedicated and complex. The provoking of Gods and asking for favor can be done in this game, the outcome will be rolled by dice. And I will edit to add a link shortly.
    Sort of like D&D, Torg, etc a dice roll will determine the outcome for major decisions or actions. Not everyone gets lucky all the time, just like in real life. You will have to challenge your skills as a writer to continue the plot for your character based on the outcome.
    As stated in the recruitment I intend to have this one finished, even if that means everyone dies of the plague three posts in.
    Shit happens, so if you get caught up in life, just drop a line, and we can make up where your character has been as the story progresses.
    New applications will be accepted and new characters will be added to the plot as it currently stands. If you decide to drop out, kill yourself off.
    Harsh? Its Vikings.

Rated M

My basis was Leif Erikkson discovering North America sort of deal.

Character sheet:

Name:
    Basic Personality:
    Personal History:
    Why did they join the journey?:
    Weapons:
    Skills: (languages, fighting dynamic, tracking, etc)
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Name: Freydís Eiríksdóttir
    Appearance: A tall, powerfully built woman. She wears her reddish-brown hair in a complicated braid. Her eyes are a steely grey, and as hard at the fjords.
    Basic Personality: Freydís is an intelligent, brash woman. She has a quick temper.
    Personal History: Freydís was born to Erik the Red in about 970 AD. She learned how to fight since she was born. She was a deadly warrior by the age of twelve.
    Why did they join the journey?: Freydís joined for the chance to raid, and for the exploration. Though she is a tremendous warrior, she has a naturally inquisitive mind and an extensive wanderlust. She wants to explore and to learn.
    Weapons: Her greatsword
    Skills: Freydís is a tremendous warrior, capable of killing men about twenty ways from Sunday. She is also quite smart, and can offer information on a variety of subjects. She also has a variety of general survival skills, such as a mild tracking ability and the ability to make simple traps.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Nope!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Name: Magnus Ragnar Bloodborn
    Appearance: (Pic coming soon)
    Mangus is a well developed man, broad and thick muscled. His beard is just beginning to lengthen again. His hair ranges from long and braided to short shaved sides. Despite his size, he is contemplative and quiet, a juxtaposition to his appearance, making him appear smaller in stature. He has several tattoos upon both arms and on his chest.
    Basic Personality: Magnus is intelligent, and prefers to consider all options before embarking into the unknown. He is a formidable fighter, with more than enough strength, but often outwits his opponent before overcoming them with brute strength alone. He enjoys solitude, within his own home, as well as with a raiding party. He spends time reflecting over events and personal decisions as well as planning his next move.
    However, he is also motivated by emotion. Magnus is not afraid of allowing his kin to see his displays but often times keeps them repressed until the emotion turmoil becomes too much of a burden. Mangus is soft hearted in many ways, out shined as it is by his skill in combat and no nonsense way of handling a situation.
    Personal History: Mangus shaves his beard in solidarity with an intimate death. Most recently, his wife and only child succumbed to an illness brought into the village by newly captured slaves. Many of the villagers also died, leaving children without parents and parents without hope. The illness also brought with it a fear of the east and the lands that had been raided there. Mangus then suggested another option, to go into the west. To go out into the sea, and with the gods' guidance, find a new land to make them rich. What was there to be lost when so much had already been taken from them?
    Magnus as a boy was teased by other children for his quick emotions. His father gave him no pity and instead encouraged him to train harder, fight stronger, gain honor. He soon became a reckoning force within his village. His first raid met him with his father's death. He slew the man who killed his father and claimed the warrior's great sword for his own.
    He then married a childhood friend for comfort and familiarity, not so much for love. He doted on his wife and was proud to have produced a girl child they named Helga. When she passed, Mangus grew upset with his gods but soon found himself clinging to them evermore in his grief.
    Why did they join the journey?: To lead his people into new riches, and renewed hope
    Weapons: Great sword pilfered on his first raid, hand ax
    Skills: Besides combat, Mangus can read English thanks to a traveling Monk that was imprisoned in his village when he was a child. Mangus has a spark for languages and can pick up words quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Freydis is approved.

Hoping to put the IC thread up soon. I finally have a couple days off work so it should be quick.
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Thanks.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ~~~Um...No?~~~

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I have posted.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Hey human, Im so sorry I have been so shitty. I trashed my PC and had to wait until I could buy another one. And my phone wont get service higher than like 2G at work for some reason.
    Im gonna post tonight
    ~~~Um...No?~~~