Thread: Looking for some long term 1x1s!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    horror, supernatural, sci fi, fantasy, assassin, superhero, etc
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Looking for some long term 1x1s!

The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll still elaborate, for obvious reasons!

Heyo! I'm gothy. Or, Gothy. It depends on how grammatically correct you want to be, but I go by both. Dang, I even have an actual name but obviously I don't just give that away! I'm over 18, and whilst I don't explicitly roleplay or roleplay only adult or adult-adjacent topics (I don't mean NSFW or explicit romance, I just mean mature themes and language) I'm more comfortable roleplaying with people closer to my own age, so please don't contact me if you're under 18! I'm old and curmudgeonly.

With that in mind, let's get to the nitty gritty of it: me, and what I'm looking for.

I'm a semi literate, to literate roleplayer - depending on energy levels, how busy I am, how involved my partner is, etc; however, even though I'm literate, I have quite a busy life, all things considered, so I can probably reply at most twice a week. Roughly 600 to 1800 words a reply, depending on all the aforementioned. I'd like someone who can roughly keep up with that schedule; I'm also in the UK so there could be timezone clashes, I know that thrill of getting into roleplay and reeling off replies when you're both online but, it might not happen. I also enjoy small casual chat outside of roleplaying - you know, OOC stuff - but if that isn't your thing, I get it. As a small aside I also, uh, can use quite colourful language both in and outside of roleplay, so if that will bother you let me know and I'll keep a lid on it. In terms of violence and more mature themes (mental illness, physical illness, implied mature romance, violence etc), I do utilise them, but that and any limits/triggers/etc would be discussed beforehand, I'm just mentioning that I do, in fact, use them. But, not all the time, and depending on the roleplay.

If you've read that and you're thinking "Well smack my horse and call me something to finish this joke!" but want to know what kind of genres/storylines I'm into, then keep reading. I'm trying to keep this as succinct as possible, but I have a tendency to ramble. You might have noticed.

In terms of genres, I only really have two I absolutely will not do: furry/anthro. I've tried, I just am not into it.

Genres I love include: superhero (with a preference for more realism-oriented superheroes a la Jessica Jones) assassins/thieves/criminals (maybe cat-and-mouse, or team-ups), adventure, mystery/noir, detectives/police, sci-fi, supernatural and horror-themed roleplays and I absolutely love mixing up these genres, they aren't exclusive to one another. Maybe criminal superheroes, a supernatural police force, or a sci-fi space noir. Which brings me to:

What I'm really craving right now:
    I'm really craving a sort of Hellboy/BPRD (not a fandom, just influenced by) roleplay where we're a supernatural/powered/etc defence force, investigating crimes and upholding the laws of our society.

I'm also really craving a space/sci fi oriented heist roleplay. Like, we're thieves or assassins but it's sci fi.

I'm also just, in general, craving some sort of assassin-oriented roleplay; where we're both assassins, or one of us is and one is a target, or a detective, or something on that level.

Of course, what I've just mentioned is merely a guide. If you have any suggestions or requests in keeping with what I'm into, feel free to shoot and we'll see what happens.

In terms of plots, I have a few. I'm also willing to write something new up, though I also tend to use a framework to guide the roleplay rather than dictate everything that is going to happen; I like a bit more of a freeform, go-with-the-flow feel. I also have several settings, but again, we can discuss logistics if we decide to do the thing.

I hope someone hits me up! I'll be having a look too. :-)

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Oops...looks like you posted this in the wrong section! I will move it to the 1x1 recruitment area for you.