Thread: {M} Dead Nation (TheBaron-J'Von)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default {M} Dead Nation (TheBaron-J'Von)

Summary of {M} Dead Nation (TheBaron-J'Von):

(OOC)

Months have passed since a strain of mad cow disease mutated into "mad person disease" that became "mad zombie disease", which overran the entire United States, turning many Americans into vicious zombies. Survivors of the zombie epidemic have learned that growing attached to other survivors is not advisable because they could die at any moment, so many have taken to using their city of origin as nicknames.

Two such survivors are soon going to be thrown together on the outskirts of a small town in Montana.

"I was up late the night before the world as I knew it came crashing down. I always thought this might happen. We ran through our little town that was filled with noises, screams, life and death. Even so I dared hope we might be able to save some little piece of it, but our world as we knew it had already been completely destroyed."
    -Veronica 'Atlanta'

It is a cold, winter day in Montana. Wind whistles across the plain. Near the outskirts of the town known as Eureka a lone figure trudges away from the town heading south. Snow blankets the area and one can only tell the road exists due to the abandoned cars lining it. A way out of town the twisted wreckage of an eighteen-wheeler with cars congested around it blocks the road entirely. In the distance the cloud covered mountains loomed out of the snow like jagged teeth from a skull. It is cold, below freezing for sure, and the sky threatens more snow.

‘Ugh,’ Veronica aka Atlanta, thinks to herself with a sigh. Her breath is clearly visible in the biting air. She is well dressed for the weather and her situation, wearing gear that is both lightweight but well made enough to keep her warm. She would have to find shelter at night or if it began to storm, though. Gripping her M4A1 in gloved hands she carefully observes the area. She doesn’t see any of the freaks for now, but one can never be to careful. It only takes one zombie bite and you are worse than dead.

Veronica sighs deeply still feeling a little tired from giving the Crawlers the slip earlier. Some towns of this size were completely abandoned others were swarmed with zombies. From what she could see and guess the people in this town had been trapped here, the road heading south blocked. From the north side of town, she hadn’t been able to tell this as the road was relatively clear. She has heard that swarms of zombies had come down from Canada driving people south. Maybe seeking food? She can only guess.

V had been holed up in the mountains with her love at the time of the end of the world, and they had weathered the worst of the initial outbreak with relatively little trouble. The average incidents they had dealt with were dispatching a few wandering Crawlers and having to dealing with resource shortages. The worst they had to deal with, and this was near the end of their time together, was a Berserker and Hunter coming after them at the same time. Thinking of that Berserker brought back memories of screams and agony she would rather forget, and she stopped for a moment sinking to the ground feeling vulnerable. Shaking her head, she stands up composing herself.

Thankfully, the snow on the road was still passable. It would have been drivable if she had a functional vehicle. As Atlanta hunches her shoulders against the cold pushing through the snow on the road and clambering over cars, she begins talking to herself. “Bleak fucking wasteland, huh? Knew I should have headed south sooner.” She didn’t usually feel like talking to herself, but the silence has been deafening.

She pats her Machete “Sawtooth” with one hand to assure herself it is still there. It has been so long since she had any sort of contact with a human. Months maybe? She hadn’t really been keeping track of time. The concept of days of the week, hours, minutes, seconds all became kind of pointless when there was no one remotely worth marking the time with. The last living person she had encounters had been a garbage pile of a human being, a man… who was not worth talking about, not worth remembering… Still she hopes that she will run into someone again.

Spoiler: Current RPs- Check them Out (Recently Updated!) 

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

It was cold. The frost left it's mark on it's first night. The mountains were the first to feel it. Though it did not matter to Dakota as she rode day and night on her bike. But when the time came for fuel. Either she walk or find a different vehicle. Her bike parked outside of a lonely gas station. Handling only few dead with her knife which was covered in blood. She looked around the station to find some supplies she could use in the long haul. Sniveling her nose as she breathes in the cold air. A couple of water bottles and a few bag of chips was all that remained.

Taking her time looking throughly around the store. She finds a door to the garage. Keeping a tight grip as she entered and looked around to find any dead zombies that lurked. It was silent. Quiet. She liked the sound of it.

There was a Tahoe. Black in color. She opened the door and looked to the driver side. Keys were still in the ignition. She reached out and turned to start the vehicle. It sputtered but the engine turned over and the vehicle was alive. She looked closer and sees the tank was at full capacity. She smirked and gives herself a cheerful moment. "That's what I'm talking about." She said as she walked to the garage doors and pulled the chain down that lifted up the gate. She goes and finds her things from the run down bike and tossed them in the truck. Before taking off anywhere she looked in the store once more and finds a bottle of scotch sitting behind the cashier's desk. She quickly grabs it and heads towards the vehicle.

Popping the trunk, she tossed a few things she found she could use as a weapon. A shovel, a bat, two tire irons, a crowbar, a couple of wrenches and her favorite; a chainsaw. She had no idea why there was a chainsaw in the garage but she welcomed it no less. Scrounging around for whatever fuel was left and her amazement of three 30 gallon jugs was something else.

Reaching inside the pocket of her jacket and pulled out a folded paper which she started to unfold revealed a map of where she has been. She crossed out the gas station she was at and looked at the next town that was not too far away. "This is gonna be interesting." She said to herself. Hopping inside the truck and placed the gear in drive and put her foot on the pedal taking off quickly as possible.

While she was driving with the radio dead silent. There was a binder filled with CDs but was curious of who kept a CD collection? She wanted to look but liked the quiet better. She looked up to see person on the road. "Another deado." She said thinking about hitting the zombie. But she looked closer and realized this zombie was too equipped to be carrying a rifle and such. She sighs softly and slows down just a bit but barely passed the person. Seeing her hair figured another woman. She looked at her rear view mirror and takes her time opening the door and stepping out. She had her shotgun in her hand by her side as she walked to the woman. Cocking a shell she aimed the end of the barrel at the woman and gives her a small glare. Waiting for her to say something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Veronica stiffens as she hears the sounds of an engine, her breath clouding the air around her. In the eerie silence of the apocalypse the sounds of the vehicle are completely unmistakable. V feels a flutter of excitement and hope in her chest as at the same time apprehension coils in her gut.

‘Someone else is alive!’ The thought races around her head threatening to overrule her carefully maintained composure.

From the sounds, the vehicle is coming through the town she has just left and would likely be on her in less than a minute. Honestly, this could potentially leave her in a sticky situation. If the freaks were following the car, they will be on a collision course with her! Sure enough, seconds later, as she is shifting her weapons from her M4 to her pistol “Lady Killer”, the SUV comes barreling into sight. She doesn’t see any of the undead following the SUV but that doesn’t mean they haven’t been alerted to its presence.

She licks her lips as the Tahoe passes her and moves to stand behind a car she can use as cover if the worst should happen. Veronica chambers a round and grips her pistol holding it at the ready. The pistol will be a more effective weapon in close quarters than her M4, which on auto has a tendency to jam at the worst times. As the car stops and a woman steps out Veronica can’t help but feel a moment of relief, that it isn’t a man. This quickly dissipates as the woman is definitely holding a shotgun and has it cocked, pointing directly at her.

V, pointing her pistol at the stranger, eyes the woman warily. From personal experience she knew that survivors, at this point, tend to fall into one of two general categories. Tough as nails, but ultimately not out to hurt anyone else unless given no choice or cruel sadistic monsters who aim to survive on the suffering of others whenever they can. ‘I wonder which kind she is…’ she thinks this to herself as the seconds pass.

The only movement in between them is their breath repeatedly but briefly clouding the air. Finally, Veronica breaks the tension. She is going to have to risk herself, there is too great a chance now that the freaks are on their way here… Tentatively, with her pistol in one hand still pointed at the woman, she raises her other hand in the classic hitchhikers gesture. “I could really use a ride… if you have room.”

She looks around nervously and speaks again her voice betraying her anxiety. “I think whatever we’re going to do here, we should do it soon.”

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She kept her eyes on the girl. Not moving an inch but her finger was itching to pull the trigger. Focusing on her pistol for a moment then examined her body from head to toe. Wondering what kind of traveler she was. 'She is pretty I'll give her that much but I wonder if...what the hell?' Her eyes looked towards the gesture of a hitch hikers pose. Then looked back at her when she started speaking.

“I could really use a ride… if you have room. I think whatever we’re going to do here, we should do it soon.”

She wasn't kidding. Staying in a area like this usually means the dead are lurking by and waiting for their next victims to eat. And the noise of something loud always attracts them. She gives a soft sigh and gives a little nod. She lowered her gun and walked back to her newly found vehicle and opened the back seat where her bag was sitting. Not a word was said while she waited for her passenger to settle herself in.

In the driver's seat she sat on the comfy seat and reached for the bottle of liquor she stashed in the compartment. Taking the cap off she poured a glass for her passenger and hands it over. Then gives her cup a cling before taking a drink herself and hissed at the taste and sighs with relief. It has been a long time since she had tasted an alcohol beverage. Then placed the bottle on the compartment and wiped her lips.

"Okay so this is the deal. I'll take you as far as D.C. since I've been hearing rumors there is a safe haven there and frankly living behind walls ain't so bad." She leans back in her seat and looked at the woman with slight look. "But if you get caught by anything other then human you are on your own." She gives a tap on the bottle as she said the last words. "And also you'll need to chip in with gas." She gives her steering wheel a tap as well.

She reached for the inside of her pocket and finds the same folded map and opened it. Marking the spot where she found the woman and looked further on the path she is on. "I'm guessing you just came from the town that is up ahead?" She asked the woman. Then let's out a soft sigh. "Well we can take this road that will lead to a different town. It'll be an hour or so before we can get there so might as well make yourself comfortable." She folded the map and placed it back in her pocket and pats on it. "Call me Dakota." She reached her hand out in a hand shake gesture. "Don't ask why." She added.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As the woman, who has given the name Dakota, explains her plan, V closes her eyes resting them for a moment. Ultimately to her it doesn’t really matter what they do. She just wants to get away from the cold. It isn’t supposed to be like this… She, for now and with skill, suppresses the sorrow that is rising within her.

“Atlanta…,” Veronica says quietly her voice solemn. A day doesn’t go by that she doesn’t think of that city, so far away… Atlanta… She drains the cup quickly, a toast to her new name, taking only a moment to consider whether it is poisoned. However, seeing as Dakota is drinking it, poison seems like a stretch. Indeed, the warmth that almost immediately settles in her stomach speaks to its quality.

Veronica sits back in the passenger seat beginning to relax slightly, which is more than she has been able to do in what feels like ages. Lady Killer is in its holster, never too far out of reach, and she has enough confidence in herself to believe she can deal with whatever Dakota might have planned. She has put her M4A1, Sawtooth, and the rest of her equipment in row of seats behind them along with Dakota’s gear.

Opening her eyes, she looks squarely at Dakota holding her gaze. “Where I came from doesn’t matter, it has been burned to the ground.” She says this her countenance cool, face emotionless as she continues speaking. “As for where I’m going, I was just heading south to escape the cold.” Looking briefly out at the snow Veronica, now calling herself Atlanta, couldn’t help the look of sorrow and bitterness that rippled across her face before settling once more like an icy pond. “I would’ve stayed put where I was, but certain circumstances rendered my home… unlivable to say the least. Circumstances beyond all this,” she gestures grandly to the world at large her gaze once more resting on Dakota.

V leans the passenger seat back some and before resting back into it once more, she stretches. Arching her back, her hands strain against the roof of the vehicle as she straightens her legs as far as she can. As she relaxes into the seat, she pulls her shirt down which, after coming untucked from her pants, had ridden up as she stretched. Between the first sip of liquor in ages and the first modicum of safety she has found she can’t maintain her chilled demeanor and her face holds a mixture of exhaustion and sadness, her eyes are colored by a tinge of hopeful relief. Looking at Dakota languidly she voices her opinion in a matter of fact register, “Dakota I hope I am wrong, but I have doubts we will find anything wherever we head but death, as this shit situation we find ourselves in seems to get shittier every day. I will help you get to DC or whatever city you want to get to but I am only doing it because as of now this seems like my best chance at survival. At least with you being a woman hopefully my chances of getting raped are low.”

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"You can always still get raped by women." She said softly to herself as she puts the vehicle in drive and pressed the gas pedal. Watching the roads from left to right and continued onward to the path she had set upon. As she drove while the other woman had assuming slept her thoughts ran through her head about how to approach the town. It felt likes hours or days driving to the town. She looked at the woman while she had her eyes closed. 'God that looks good right about now.' She thought. Tiredness had finally caught up to her as she rubbed one eye struggled with the other. She felt herself drift on accident when the tires hit the side marks, causing her to jerk the wheel and focus back on the road.

She takes her foot off the pedal and sees a sign that showed how far the nearby town was. "Only a mile left." She sighs in relief. She was tempted to ask the newcomer to drive while she needed the sleep herself but then again barely know her. She continued to drive and that was when it finally hit her. She pulled to the right side and came to a complete stop and placed the vehicle in drive. "Okay I seriously need sleep." She placed her head back and closed her eyes for a couple of seconds. "Can you drive the rest of way?" She asked. "I just need a couple of minutes to gather myself." She takes the seat belt off and opened the door.

The moment she stepped out, a nice chill wind hits her face and felt her body chilled quickly as she left her jacket where it was. She walked around the vehicle to sit in the passenger seat. Once settling herself in she placed the seat back and closed her eyes. "Wake me when we get there...k?" She opened one eye and looked at Atlanta. "I don't wanna miss out on any action."