Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (M) Scared Mate (TheBaron and SouthernBelle)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, ie shifters, werewolves, vamps, etc. Or Westerns, most any in general
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default (M) Scared Mate (TheBaron and SouthernBelle)

Kimber's legs pumped as fast as she could push herself as she ran back towards the pack house. She knew that howl, knew what it meant. They were under attack and she wasn't there to help defend their territory. Bree ran alongside of her much to her dismay. She had tried to convince her friend to stay hidden. She wasn't a fighter, not like Kimber.

They weren't far from the main house when a sharp crack sounded through the trees causing Kimber to drop to her knees her heart racing. Gun shots. She heard a thud to her right and her eyes whipped in the direction.

"Bree!" Her mind didn't even register the scream as her own as she scrambled towards her best friend. Blood poured from the wound in Bree's chest her body already limp.

Even though she knew she was gone Kimber pulled her behind a tree tears streaming from her face as she cradled Bree's body to her chest. She should've stayed. She would still be alive if she had stayed. "Why did you have to be so stubborn!"

An anger she had never known filled her as she jumped up and tore off towards the main house. She knew at this speed a sniper would not be able to get a shot on her. Not a human one at least. The attacking pack would pay for Bree' s death. This was an unprovoked attack that she knew her father would not let go unpunished. This pack would die.

She made it to the clearing in front of her home and froze at the sight before her. Bodies of all ages and sizes were sprawled on the ground as fighting continued around the slain. She had heard of attacks such as this, but never thought they would happen here. Just as she was about to shift back to her wolf form a wolf in the center of the field caught her eye.

Mine. her wolf purred deep inside of her causing her heart to drop. As if he had heard her the wolf turned to her shifting into his human form.

The man walking towards her that had killed countless of he packmates was her mate. From the way the other wolves protected him as he moved towards her told her that he was an alpha.

Even if her wolf had not recognized his she would've known him. She had seen him in her dreams, though he had always been just out of her reach. Like her mind would not allow her to grow to fond of him. As if it knew the cruelty that was within him.

"You will fight with me, with your mate!" The man boomed as he got closer causing her blood to chill.

"Never," she growled her eyes narrowing. In an instant her father was in front of her, his body bloody.

Run, run as fast as you can. he told her through the telepathic connection the whole pack had. He was in his wolf form as he charged her mate, who in turn shifted and rammed into her father.

She would've expected them to fight for a while. Her father was not weak, but it seemed that he was already worn down. Already on his last breath as her mate clamped down on the back of his neck with a swift shake of his head she felt it. Felt the death of her alpha. The field grew silent as what happened spread through the few remaining fighting wolves. It was over. Her mate had won.

Sola didn't care about pack law, about how packs worked in that moment. She had lost everything. Her best friend, her father, her pack. She felt her wolf surge through her as she shifted running at her mate as he straightened to gloat in his victory.

He eyes didn't even get to register the angry she wolf before she had latched her teeth to his throat, his blood gushing out into her mouth. With a violent shake of her head she made sure he could not survive.

A sharp pain forced her to release him as she fell to her knees. It felt like she had bitten her own throat as she felt the wave of anguish wash over her from the loss of her mate. It didn't hold a candle to what he had taken from her though. Her eyes lifted as she looked through the field. Her pack was dead, her father dead, her best friend; dead.

As if they could sense her intentions the remaining wolves in the field turned to run. Though they would not get far. The whole night she hunted every last one of them down.

Her father had always said the most dangerous wolf there was, was one that had nothing left to lose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Peter leans against a large tree which stands proudly apart from the tree line behind them and nearer to the cliffs edge than any other. A chill wind blows through the forest, rustling the leaves in the trees. The wind rushes past the tree out into oblivion, playing with Peter’s hair and whispering in his ear. These signs foretold a coming storm. Stiffening as he searchingly sniffs the air, Peter thinks of what has haunted him of late and shudders. “A big storm is coming… just like in the last dream,” he mutters to himself.

Lately he had been dreaming of a laughing girl, who when she smiled lights up the room. A girl with kind eyes, that watch him trustingly. He knows what this means, knows what she represents. Someone for him to find… and for him to love. He has known it is a possibility but somehow, he has thought his time would not come.

At first, he was excited, happy even, but the dreams soon took a turn for the dark as they slowly became nightmares. He couldn’t begin to describe it other than something eating away at his dream, their future and turning it sick and black. He couldn’t begin to fathom what any of it meant. He knew something terrible was going to happen.

He had started to search for her when the dreams began and as they darkened his search became more intense. He thinks he has a pretty good lead on a woman who looks like the girl in his dreams in a nearby packs lands, but he was awaiting confirmation before proceeding to contact them.

Peter looks around, the night is dark with tiny patches of stars and moonlight breaking through the otherwise impenetrable blanket that covers the sky. Like these isolated spots of light, he was alone tonight, the members of his pack were either busy or resting giving him for once, a moment alone. Which was a nice thing to get every now and then. Following one of their patrol lines led him to this spot tonight.

He pushes off the tree satisfied with his scan of the area when as suddenly as a knife in the darkness his chest feels like he has been shot. However, he neither smells blood or the bullet or hears any gun shot or gun related sounds. Clutching his chest, he falls back against the tree tears streaming down his cheeks. Surprised enough to notice through the penetrating pain his free hand reaches up to touch the tears on his face. At almost the same time he is filled with an overwhelming anguish and as his face, usually fixed with an amused grin, contorts in sorrow and rage he lets forth a pained howl.

He can feel it in his bones…
    In his soul…
    She is dead…
    Before he had ever known her… dead…

He can hear the sounds of some of his packmates rushing to him in the distance and can feel the others turning their attention to him.

He shakily gets to his feet one hand still on his chest. He turns and grips the tree his free hand hard. Someone was going to pay for this… dearly… Part of the tree broke away in his grasp. Tossing the chuck aside he begins to growl ferociously. Whipping around to stare out over the cliffs edge in the direction where his now dead mates pack supposedly lives he transforms into the hulking black wolf that was his other form and lets loose a bloodthirsty howl.

Someone was going to die for this...
    Last edited by TheBaron; 09-10-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Spoiler: Current RPs- Check them Out (Recently Updated!) 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Six years had passed, six years of living on her territory alone. Kimber was aware that most wolves couldn't do it. That it wasn't in them to be away from other wolves. She didn't care though, mates were supposed to cherish and protect, to do anything they could to care for their mate mentally and physically. Hers had killed her pack, killed her father.

She snapped herself out of those thoughts as she watched a black SUV pull down the long driveway to the pack house where she stayed by herself. The council was back which meant someone has screwed up. Not a small screw up either, not to bring her in.

The two council members that stepped out didn't look super happy about being there. Though only one of the council seemed comfortable around her, the others teetered on her being an abomination and a psychopath. She was neither, all she was was a lycan that lost everything to the one person she was supposed to trust the most. So she reacted as any alpha would and destroyed the thing that killed her pack.

"Good morning," she tried to smile as she sat on the top step of her porch. She couldn't help but be a little curious to what had happened now. She never left her territory other than for missions for the council. She did go into town, but humans were safe.

"Kimberly," the councilman on the right nodded. "How is everything?"

"Quiet," she didn't like the small talk with the council. High Councilman Anderson was different, but he was who found her the day after the massacre. "What do you have for me?"

"Missing packmember, she was headed to college on neutral territory and never made it. We suspect she is on the territory to the east of here." The councilman on the left fidgeted a little. "You know how they are when it comes to responding to our inquiries."

"How any natural pack would, not all packs believe in the council," she took the envelope they handed her and she looked through it. "Some packs like to keep their business to themselves."

"We are..." The one on the right started to growl. She looked up as she stood her shoulders squaring.

"What? You are what? You are a governing body that helps the weak attempt at having a voice. You do not actually do anything, you don't prevent bad things from happening you just send me in when they do. So do not tell me that all the packs should bow down at your feet and heed your every word." She shook her head. "You are there to make sure people pay for any serious infractions to wolf law. That is all."

She turned and headed towards her front door before looking back at the two men. She had no love for the council, she had seen first hand their weakness.

"As always I will let you know the outcome or if I won't do it, this pack is right next to my territory. For that alone I might not do it. I dont need enemies, especially not from a neighboring pack. They may not stir up problems but they aren't weak." With that she headed into her house and opened the folder looking at the picture in it with the name Molly Paulson below it. She didn't look happy in the picture, in fact if she was seeing it right she looked scared. "Alright, Molly, let's find you."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As the door closes behind Will, his second in command, Peter sighs in annoyance. A smirk stretches across Peter’s face and he cracks his neck. “So, the girl, Molly, is situated…,” he mutters to himself. He has sent Will out on an important task. He is to organize the pack according the plans Peter has set forth. He will rapidly disseminate the general information as to what is to come and give everyone their assignments until otherwise ordered by Peter or one of his other commanders.

He can sense this is going to be trouble, and more than just in the general sense. The general sense meaning that Molly being what she is, is destined to have more than a few parties interested in her, regardless of what she wants for herself. In fact, he would be lying if he said that he doesn’t understand the benefits and advantages that having her stay with them would bring. However, it was more than that, something was coming. Peter has a sense that the six years of relative peace he has been enjoying is at an end.

Turning he walks to look out through the window that spans the length of the west wall. From the pack’s house, sitting up in the rugged, forest covered mountains in the northeast of their territory, he could see all their domain. Behind them is near impassible terrain, before them is the rolling hills, forests, fields, and towns they called their own. Sunset is coming. Shadows are beginning to lengthen. Down below he can see the small communities that fall under his influence lighting up. The closer they are the more tied to the pack they are, even though the vast majority have no idea they even exist. Running his hands through his hair he sighs again and murmurs, “This girl is going to bring trouble for us, but she is here now and for so long as she is. I will protect her.”

Suddenly he smirks and rolls his eyes, a thought that had occurred to him when she first arrived but had been pushed aside comes back to him, and he must suppress a chuckle. Chances are that the so-called Council will step in and look for the girl.

Walking over to his desk Peter presses a button under the lip of the desk near where he sits. After a second Ally, a female of his pack and one of his most trusted commanders, walks in. In addition, she is a dangerous killer essentially serving her pack as an enforcer. She works with her mate Mark, the technology freak of the pack, as a duo. Mark isn’t much of a fighter unless Ally is in danger in which case even Peter would hesitate to stand in between them. Ally is not what you would describe as a traditional beauty. Sporting a black pixie cut with a couple well placed white streaks and a waifish appearance, she does not cast an intimidating figure, but it would be unwise to let that deceive you. He clothes are dark in color and worn. Despite focusing on functionality and practicality they suit her.

Looking at him with a serene expression on her face she quirks her head at him. Seeing his expression and feeling how her alpha’s state is changing she couldn’t help but be curious and felt her wolf stirring in response. He has a commanding but restless energy coming off him… a dangerous energy. She knows her alpha well enough to know he is shifting into a more dangerous state of mind. She would not be the only one to feel it either, at this moment all the wolves in the pack would feel it. They would soon know why as the call came down.

Grinning at Ally mischievously, he looks at her lazily. “Ally, I have a job for you.” Ally simply nods and he continues, “First I need you to try and get in touch with our ‘contact’ near the council and see what information you can find out. When you have alerted them to contact you, I need you to head out immediately. I am sure he will take some time to get back to you. Go in the direction of council territory, stop at the various watch points along the way and warn them to keep an eye out for any outsiders. Afterwards report back to Will for your assignment. You are going to be on patrol.” He finishes relaying the instructions and regarded her expectantly with a grin on her face.

Ally smiles calmly and speaks in her smooth voice, exuding confidence. “If that is all you need S, I can handle it… with ease.” As she finishes speaking so professionally and calmly, she can’t contain herself and bursts out giggling bounces a little with excitement. “Soooo I will take care of all of that S, I promise, promise, promise! So, can I please take Mark with me on patrol! Pleeeeease!? He has been so busy and cooped up lately he needs to get out.”

Peter chuckles as he turns to face outside of the window, “Very well, I am sure you can find a way to drag him away from his projects. I will leave it to you as always to ensure his good health. Do try and remember that what he does is very important for us though…” Ally nods vigorously and with a cheer turns to exits the room. Before she gets to the door Peter calls out to her and she stops. “Ally tell the sentries not to attack unless attacked, risky I suppose but I want see who is coming for Molly.” Ally regards him solemnly for a second and then nods closing the door behind her.

The room is soundproof giving him the only private room in the house in a group with supernatural hearing. He grins wickedly and stares out the window. “Let it begin.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber packed a light bag with things a Lobo would keep on them. She had known more lobos without cars than with since they tended to stay in cities. Wolves without a pack were restless beings, always moving, always searching for something. She had managed to contain that in her work. Though she also didn't have a mate to look for, she knew where he was.

She tightened the hiking backpack and took off at a jog running through the woods between the two territories. She had pulled her hair back in a braid her clothes comfortable and not flashy. She wanted to cover her scar, though she knew it would only help validate her story. It would make sense for someone with a mate scar to be a Lobo.

She kept a steady pace, faster than a human could run, until she got right outside one of the small towns just inside the packs territorial line. There was no turning back once she crossed onto the territory. She would know shortly if she would gain access to the territory. Otherwise she would have to either implement other tactics or tell the council she wouldn't take the job. With this pack being so close whe was tempted towards the later.

She tightened her back her senses screaming at her that she was near a territorial line that was not her own. A natural instinct to prevent innocent deaths. She ignored it as she stepped into the small town and started for the small cafe closest to the territorial line. It would be hit or miss, though cafes like this were typically staffed with at least one of the pack. An alert system. Per say.

She heard the bell ding softly above her head as she headed to a booth in the back sliding her bag between her and the wall as she scanned the cafe. There were two exits, the front door and the door she knew would be in the kitchen. Though the windows could be easily broken if she had to to that route.

"What can I get ya hun?" A older waitress asked with a smile as she tapped her pen against the pad in her hand.

"Coffee, black please," Kimber didn't look up from the menu she was studying though she wasn't hungry.

"Alright," the waitress walked away and Kimber glanced out the window. This was her least favorite part. The waiting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

One of the packs sentries, Don, watches the outsider ordering coffee from the waitress. From his station in the kitchen he is unsure if she has noticed him but is sure she would. His orders are clear, do not engage unless engaged. Looking at her he thinks to himself that those orders suit him fine. She is a sight to behold. If nothing else she is a rarity but so much more than that she gives off an ominous aura, a alpha’s energy and if that wasn’t enough, she had a distinct don’t fuck with me aura as well. New to being lobo, the wolf inside him riles against her presence in their territory, demanding immediate action, but his alpha has made it clear what he is to do.

Walking briskly up to his ‘boss’ he grabs his arm firmly but not aggressively. “I need my smoke break now Joe.” Joe merely nods slightly taken aback by the normally passive employees’ directness. Don walks around him quickly and gracefully for the slightly large and muscular man he was. Heading directly outside he quickly lights up a cigarette he has no intention of smoking and wiping out his phone he dials the first speed dial number.

It barely rings once before someone picks up. Will, the second in command answers, “Yes?” Don calmly reports quickly and quietly.

Peter speaks, “Does she have a scar on her… you know never mind I am sure it is her.”

Don quavers a little at his alphas voice his wolf itching for a command. Don can almost hear Will smirking on the other end of the line, “You seem unnerved Don, don’t worry the cavalry is on its way. For now, stay the course and it goes without saying that you will not lose sight of her while she is in our territory.” He hangs up on Don. Looking at his phone Don sighs idly rubbing a scar on his shoulder, best do as he was told without fail, not worth the trouble otherwise. He quickly disposes of the untouched cigarette butt and returns to work keeping an eye on the woman.

Peter, in his office, smiles at the news as he hears it over the speaker phone. He looks at Will eyes amused. “Well this has turned out better than expected. I was worried they would send some of their trained dogs, instead we get the tortured princess…” Peter trails off.

Will laughs and rolls his eyes speaking up, “Though I wouldn’t let her hear you calling her such, probably would end in violence.” His face settles into his usual calculating look and he continues as Peter turns to look out the window at the small town the outsider is in. “Though I think I can guess why you are pleased by this turn of events.”

Peter nods and speaks, “Yes, she can be reasoned with, in fact I think she will want to know the truth of Molly’s situation. I am going personally, Will.” Will raises his eyebrow but doesn’t speak, his alpha was clearly in no mood to be questioned. “So, make whatever arrangements you need to make. I am going to run there I need to stretch my legs… In addition to whatever you decide organize, bring one of the cars… the black one with 4WD. I am heading out now…” As he turns and walks out of the room Will nods and pulling out his phone, he sends encrypted texts to arrange everything.

Peter runs full tilt through the forest in his wolf form, it was the quickest way to the cover ground. If anyone spots him, they would have be terrified. He is closer to a bear in size but distinctly a wolf and black as night. His eyes are flashing ice. He quickly reaches the edge of town and transforms back. The sunset is about to fully give way to night.

Heading into town at a brisk pace he quickly reaches the café. Smiling he confidently enters. He immediately notices her. Kimber, if he remembered the name that was associated with the rumor. He calls out to her from a respectful distance at a volume that wouldn’t draw attention. “Mind if I join you? I am mostly alone right now but that won’t last long even if ordered them to stay away.” Grinning he continues jokingly, “I can’t help being irresistible.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber sipped on her coffee as she saw the lycan that was in the kitchen slip out the back door. He was probably alerting the Alpha or Beta of her presence. She set her cup down and studied the menu as she looked around the cafe from her corner of her eyes. He was the only lycan in the cafe, for now.

She thought about what she knew about this pack. The Alpha was around her age, Peter was his name. His beta was Will. Peter's mate had been killed, though she didn't have any other information on that. Had he been there when she was killed? She didn't know. That was about the only information that she had on this pack, that anyone had on the pack. It was run very close to the Alpha, though there had never seemed to be any complaints or any lycans leaving the pack to join another. That alone said a lot about it.

She saw the chef come back in and checked the time on the clock that was on the wall. Now to see how long it would take for whoever they sent to arrive. She took another sip of the coffee and savored the flavor, this was what made the waiting possible. The rich flavors that were bitter as well as sweet in their own way.

She took a deep breath as she set the cup down her eyes flickering to the window noting the setting sun. She hadn't gotten here as quickly as she would've liked, but it wouldn't matter either way.

She spotted a man come out from the woods and she quirked an eyebrow as she realized who it was. She had seen just one picture of Alpha Peter, and it wasn't a close up shot of him. But that was exactly who was walking from the woods. Why he was the one coming down to the cafe, she wasn't sure. Some packs the Alpha would be the one to check on any newcomers, but she hadn't expected it from this pack.

She looked back down at her cup and picked it back up and took another sip of the bitter sweet liquid. She heard the tiny bell above the door ding and his footsteps. She didn't want to let on that she knew who he was, didn't want to give herself up as what she was.

She breathed in and caught his scent, confirming what she already knew. He was a lycan, and was the Alpha. She could feel it in her bones, could feel the power that extruded from him. Alpha's could sense that, could sense the threat to their power, to their territory. Which was probably why so many Alpha's hated each other. She didn't care though, she didn't have a pack to be at threat and only a fool would try and take her territory from her, the few that knew she even had it.

She glanced up at him as he spoke, noting that he had asked permission instead of immediately sitting down across from her demanding what she was doing on his territory. Already he was showing the type of Alpha he was. One she much rather deal with then most of the others.

"Irresistible?" She smirked a little as she raised an eyebrow at him. She bit back the comment that she wanted to follow that up with. She didn't need to poke at him when she was trying to gain access to his pack to see if Molly was there. Even if she agreed that he wasn't bad looking. That he held an air of strength and command about him. Something that made him eye candy, though eye candy was it. She nodded towards the seat across from her as she took another sip of the coffee. "I was waiting for the company."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Peter smiles genuinely at her, pleased by her response. He would much rather talk things over than fight. Violence, while so often effective, is merely another tool in his arsenal and for him a victory of the mind is so much sweeter. Besides all of that this is hardly the place for an outrageous confrontation.

The waitress must have stepped away and with no one watching them except his subordinate, he moves supernaturally fast into the seat across from her, showing off a little. As he moves, he keeps a respectful distance from her, owing her that much as an Alpha. Regarding her with a warm smile, his eyes are calculating. Peter is feeling less inclined to put on airs with another Alpha, no need to pretend.

Peter thinks about what he remembers of her story, and to be honest it isn’t much. He knows she is alone, an Alpha without a pack, and that her mate is dead. Though that would have been apparent enough from her scar. He also has reason to believe she oversees a territory adjacent to his, though this is unconfirmed.

He leans back relaxing in the chair. Peter is wearing a snug fitting black T-shirt highlighting his well-built physique and worn jeans. In addition, he has a pair of comfortable shoes on. Peter has a scar that extends from just over his defined jawline down his neck and down the front disappearing into his shirt along with the edges of tattoos, covered by his clothes. Around his neck he wears dog tags along with several other amulets, natural and technological.

Peter can smell the food his subordinate is cooking in the kitchen, burgers by the smell of it. The waitress who has returned to the front called out to him from her position by the register. “Peter your usual is coming up!” Waving a hand in acknowledgement he keeps his focus on Kimber. The waitress misunderstands the situation and smiles, amused assuming for some reason they are on a date.

“Now, Kimber, hope you don’t mind if I call you that.” He talks at a volume so the waitress can’t hear them and smiling wryly at her he continues, “I assume you are here about Molly. No other reason for an outsider and an Alpha like you to come here. I assume the council sent you? They were awfully quick to respond, how pathetic of them…” Peter trails off and looks at her shrewdly eyes amused before continuing again, “and you, you were quiet quick in coming here, I am impressed, our contact hadn’t even had the chance to pass us word of your coming.” Smirking he leans forward slightly and lets out a little laugh. “Apologies I am going on and on, but the real question is what do you really know about Molly and her situation?” He finishes and relaxes back against the chair again.

By the time he is done talking the waitress is bustling over with two plates with burgers and fries on them. She places them before wandering back to the kitchen to gossip with the rest of the staff. Peter rolls his eyes and motions for her to help herself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kimber took in the man that sat in front of her. He knew he was good looking, was possibly a little cocky about that, though only time would tell on that. He had an air of being relaxed by his body language but she was not stupid enough to think he wasn't still on high alert. She often portrayed the same thing. A false calm to put people at ease around her. To make herself appear as less of a threat, though with the scar on her neck sometimes that was easier said than done.

As soon as he said her name though her eyes flashed to him her body ready to bolt if need be, though she kept herself calm picking up her coffee mug to keep her hands busy so as not to possibly give off any signs of the adrenaline that was now pulsing through her veins. There if she needed it to make a quick escape. How did he know who she was?

Her unasked question was answered when he mentioned their contact. So they had someone in with the council. Though how much they actually knew about her was still yet to be answered. She had been adamant with the council that there not be a file on her, if they heeded that though was another question all together.

Kimber took a sip of her coffee as he laid out his final question. What did she know about Molly? The way he put it made her wonder if there was something that the council had left out. A major detail that had just put her on a territory that was not her own and possibly in danger. If that was the case, someone was going to die.

She waited until the waitress walked away from the table, the smell of the burgers inticing, though she had not ordered anything. She ignored the food as she set her mug down her mind already forming a new way to go about this mission. She obviously didn't need to put on a false persona, and here he was offering the information that she needed. With what he had said alone she could leave and tell the council that Molly was here. Though something told her she needed to hear him out. Hear what he knew about Molly.

"It seems I might be at a little bit of a disadvantage," she replied as she leaned back against the booth a small smile on her face. Though she already had several escape routes running through her mind. She leaned back forward her elbows on the booth her fingers entertwining as she looked at him. "I take it there is something that I should know about Molly, something you believe has been kept from me."

She picked up a fry and held it in front of her as if examining it before she popped it in her mouth. It was a normal cafe style fry that tasted like grease and potatoe. She didn't dislike the taste, in fact in it's own weird way it was almost comforting. She looked back at him as she thought about the situation. He wasn't being hostile, least not that he was showing, even though he knew that she had been sent here to spy. Sent here to get information about his pack. That wouldn't go over well with any Alpha and she was ready to figure out who had put her in this position. A position that could easily cause her harm, or cause her to start an unneeded war with the pack closest to her territory.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

While she talks Peter enjoys his fries and when she finishes, he smiles at her looking amused. However, there is an edge of annoyance now about him now.

At that moment he senses Will and a squad of the pack’s enforcers arrive on the outskirts of town. After disembarking they swiftly spread out in a formation to intercept on the off chance she tries to delve into their territory. He can hear the vehicle that brought them into town and pulling a U-turn the car idles across the street, black with tinted windows. As ordered, there is a hole in the formation in the direction of the way out of their territory.

Peter’s eyes are cool as he looks at her. He speaks quietly, but clearly and there is an obvious sharpness to his voice. “Either you are lying to me, unlikely, or you really don’t know what is really going on with Molly yet took the job anyway. Either way I find I am… disappointed, you really should reconsider your relationship with the council.” He smirks and continues, “It isn’t healthy and while I don’t know the extent of their corruption yet, I do know they associate with some sick puppies.” He leans forward flashing his teeth with a smug grin on his face and rubs his chin.

“So, let me lay it out for you,” he says the words forcefully his face bearing a wilder expression than he has revealed to this point.

“Molly’s pack are a bunch of dogs,” Peter spits out the word and continues, “who live to the south of here and force the females of the pack into slavery.” His eyes fill with protective rage as he speaks, thinking of the females in his pack. “They are kept ‘healthy’ enough and educated just enough so that the pack can continue to easily blend into society, but other than that…” he trails off his face grim.

Without waiting for her to respond he finishes what he wants to say. “Molly is just the beginning; we won’t give her back and unless she wants to, she isn’t leaving here. If you want to see her, I can take you to her… other than that you are free to leave.” Peter has regained his composure. The momentary lapse of control has passed, and he looks amused again. Sighing he rubs a spot on his chest over his heart and stands.

“So, what will you do? If you are going back to them, I would advise you to leave with great haste and you can tell the council and their ‘allies’ we are coming for them. War is on the horizon… and they won’t even see us coming. So again, I ask you, what will you do. Leave and ‘report’ in or stay and learn the truth.” A serious and commanding aura rolls off him.

More members of his pack have begun to gather around past the outskirts of town, drawn by their Alpha’s call.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast