Thread: Plot: Secret Roommates [Superheroes; MxM]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, medieval, adventure, tragicomedy, steampunk;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Plot: Secret Roommates [Superheroes; MxM]

#A is a flamboyant superhero who uses unconventional ways to inflict justice upon the wrong-doers. #B is a superhero who is a stickler for rules but is not afraid to resort to violence when needed. #A and #B have always kept their true identities secret, but their superhero counterparts have always been at war with one another. They disapproved of each other's crime-fighting methods, their costume preferences... even their powers clashed, but somehow they would always run into each other while chasing down criminals. Their true personas, however, are quite different.

One day, #A and #B move into the same apartment, but they have no idea who they actually are. Trying to keep their true identities secret becomes a struggle when they start developing feelings.

*This is a Male x Male pairing.
    *A minimum of one paragraph per post required.
    *Be both passive and aggressive in steering the plot forward.
    *I wouldn't mind playing either role, though I’m leaning more towards #A.
    *Feel free to talk to me about ANYTHING concerning the plot and characters.
    *I am very open about everything. This story need not have a happy ending.
    *Multiple NPCs and playable characters will be included. We will need a handful of villains.
    *You needn't post every day. I expect a reply at least once or twice a week. If you are going to be busy, I would like to be informed.

If you have any questions, please direct them here
    Last edited by Lyra; 11-06-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I'm interested. This sounds really fun. I already have a superhero character who is overly moral that I have never used. His powers revolve around light. Having light blasts, a halo he can throw, etc. That's part of his powers. There is a twist a bit. It's actually moral alignment as his power. If he stays too far away from his moral code his powers may also change. I could make a few changes to that to fit the RP, of course, but I think it could be fitting for your "B" ideal.

I'm not really busy most of the time but when I write revolves around my emotional state. Which is a mess. I'm always upfront about that though. On a good week I could post daily. You could look at my latest thread to see the commitment I'm capable of, and my current 1x1 that has been slow to show the opposite. Due to both mine and my RP partners (PK) lives we have taken a few breaks but we've been commutative about it and our momentum has remained because of that communication.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oooh yes, he sounds really interesting and fitting for what I had in mind. Perhaps when my character's bad influence starts to rub off him, his power starts to shift and change if you're okay with that.

Yeah, that sort of sounds like me too. If I feel inspired, I can fast-type like 2-3 posts a day, but if I don't feel like it or hate every word I write, I can take a while but I always make sure not to keep my partner waiting for too long.

It looks to me like we could be compatible. I think we should flesh out our characters a bit more first and see if they are compatible too and then we can talk story. Apart from chasing down the usual scum of the earth, they could also have archenemies who also have superpowers. Perhaps there could be other superheroes also and superhero teams. My character isn't gonna be a team player but there could be some history there. My characters are usually very snarky and rude (I'm very nice I promise) but ultimately gentle at heart, though they tend to make a lot of mistakes and do bad things.

We could do this character fleshing out through PMs and then make an OOC thread ^~^ what do you think?

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Oh that could be interesting! I'm all for a bad ending but we can decide that later.

Same. Even on my more down days I'm usually talking in the OOC about it. Today would have been that since I somehow just took a five hour nap and are still tired? Haha the "busy week" ends tomorrow.

Alright sounds good. We can continue in PM's until we make an OOC. I like the sound of your character, no worries. It feels a bit like a potential Batman and Superman angle. Batman is still a hero with morals but he's willing to cross lines. Superman, at least the versions I liked, won't cross those boundaries. In terms of morality speaking anyway.

Decay is Coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lolz it does sound like the Batman and Superman conundrum. I dig it.

As soon as I’m done fleshing out my character (it doesn’t have to be anything too detailed, just a general idea of who he is and what he is like) I will shoot you a private message. I have to work all day today so I will probably do it tomorrow.

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Alright sounds good. I'll work on mine a bit too but I already have a good idea of him. I'll be on again tomorrow. For now I'll just rest and silently complain about my tooth pain

Decay is Coming