Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons and Dragons: The Ailisdarian Arc

Archmage of RPA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Default Dungeons and Dragons: The Ailisdarian Arc

The Ailisdarian empire, known for their strong powers and the land of enchanted. Magic is common in most parts and the land is as one should be. Ran by the citizens at best and controlled by a forgiven King. Across the south is a mix of broken island clusters, swampy marsh waters, and a sailors dream to see what the sea can hold. Western is the land of Magnia cut off by Ailisdar's own SnowFrost forest. Bordering the land only by a large river that runs down from the Glacial Spires. North is a baron land of snow, scarce trees, a freezing cold, and a few scattered villages. The mid to east of Ailidar, is greenlands as far as one could see, a few mountain ranges, lakes, and rivers flow through the beautiful sight.

In Ailisdar, you are an adventurer looking for work. Be it to gain money for the family at home, or for yourself as you search for greed. Each of you have your own life. Brought together by a letter recieved by courier. Offering you 200 platinum for a cave dwell in the Glacial peaks. Requesting an item of rare origin locked in a chest within a forgotten and lost city
    Spoiler: Ailisdar 

Spoiler: READ THIS 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Act 1: The Ailisdairian Arc

PLOT

The Cast:
    Richard
    Auchek
    Candle
    Last edited by Kiro Akira; 12-18-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Should I post my character here, so you don't have to dig through the Request and Recruitment thread, or are you going to do that? I don't mind putting her here for a bit of a refresher.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Name: Richard Maganti Delarosa Lestat III
    Player Name: Hoef
    Experience: 0
    Race: Human (Variant)
    Class (Subclass), Level: Warlock (Fiend), 1

Ability Scores
    Strength
    Dexterity
    +2
    Constitution
    +1
    Wisdom
    +1
    Intelligence
    +0
    Charisma
    +3

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Saving Throws
    Strength Dexterity Constitution Wisdom Intelligence Charisma
    +2
    +1
    +1
    +2
    +5

Skills
    Acrobatics
    +2
    Animal Handling
    +0
    Arcana
    +3
    Athletics
    Deception
    +5
    History
    +3
    Insight
    +0
    Intimidation
    +5
    Investigation
    +1
    Medicine
    +0
    Nature
    +1
    Perception
    +0
    Performance
    +3
    Persuasion
    +5
    Religion
    +1
    Sleight of Hand
    +2
    Stealth
    +2
    Survival
    +0

Weapon Proficiencies
    • Simple

Armor Proficiencies
    • Light

Tool Proficiences
    • Playing Card Set

Language Proficiencies
    • Common
    • Abyssal
    • Infernal

Combat Statistics
    Hit Points: 9 / 9
    Hit Dice: 1 (d8)
    Temporary Hit Points: 0 / 0

Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft.

Armor Class: 13 (Leather Armor)

Dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+2 Piercing Damage. Finesse.

Sickle. Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4-1 Slashing Damage.

Dagger. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+2 Piercing Damage. Finesse.

Spoiler: Spells 

Features and Traits
    • Dark One's Blessing.Gain 4 temp HPs when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 HPs.
    • Position of Privilege.Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.
    • War Caster.You have advantage one Constitution saves that you make to maintain concentration on a spell when you take damage. You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands. When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, instead of making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of only 1 action and must target only that creature.

Equipment
    Item Quanty Price and Weight
    Clothes, fine 1 15 gp, 6 lb
    Signet Ring 1 5 gp, —
    Purse 1
    Staff 1 5 gp, 4 lb

Starting Gold: 25 (0.5 lbs)

Character Details
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 256 lbs
    Eyes: Crimson Red
    Skin: Pale White
    Hair: White

Description
    You lay your eyes upon a pale, yet sharply, dressed gentleman with crimson red eyes that pierce the shades of dark that cascade across the land. You find him to be a rather uneasy by appearances alone, but you are also calmed in the fact that he seems generally approachable. What with the black eye-patch covering his left-eye and his toothy smile. He is firm and well fit for his size, and his looks to be the kind of person you would want to have a pint with.

Personality Traits
    • The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity.
    • My favor, once lost, is lost forever.
    • My eloquent flattery makes everyone I talk to feel like the most wonderful and important person in the world.

Ideals
    • Responsibility. It is my duty to respect the authority of those above me, just as those below me must respect mine. (Lawful)
    • Power. If I can attain more power, no one will tell me what to do. (Evil)

Bonds
    • My loyalty to my sovereign is unwavering.
    • The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.

Flaws
    • I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.
    • I secretly believe that everyone is beneath me.
    • By my words and actions, I often bring shame to my family.

Background: "A man of noble birth, who hides a dark, and heinous, secret."

Character Backstory
    Richard Maganti Delarosa Lestat III, or simply Richard, was born into a wealthy artisan family that dabbled in the truly avant-garde. His upbringing was rather sheltered, however, preferring to be self-taught by the continents best teacher gold could provide. He never really saw the life that was playing amongst the local children or getting into trouble like a typical child. He instead spent his time studying and wandering the grounds of his family's manor. He wondered what was beyond the walls of his home, and it wouldn't be long until he would get that answer. At the age of 12 he was invited to his grandfather's estate to begin in some "extracurricular activities" to help expand his knowledge. He doesn't quite remember, or perhaps he simply doesn't care to remember, all that much about those years leading up to the "Incident."

The Incident happened on the night of his 18th Birthday, when he revisited his Grandfather's estate and all the more notable members of the Lestat family were present. The rest of the time was a blur, but according to reports there was a fire at around midnight and the only survivor was Richard. The authorities took him in, but seeing as they had no probable cause to suspect he was responsible for the fire (the cause was deemed familial accidental suicide), he was let go a week later. After that he took his family's wealth and prestige and started a traveling agency where he would provide his service in exchange for benefits and favors from those patrons. Bringing him to now.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Auchek
    Cleric (Nature Domain) 1 (0 XP)
    Lizardfolk (f), True Neutral
    [Ability Scores]

Str 8 (-1) Dex 20 (+5) Con 19 (+4) Int 10 (+0) Wis 20 (+5) Cha 15 (+2)

[Proficiencies]

Prof. Bonus +2
    Saves:
    Str -1
    Dex +5
    Con +4
    Int +0
    Wis +7
    Cha +4
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +5
    Animal Handling +7 (Prof.)
    Arcana +0
    Athletics -1
    Deception +2
    History +0
    Insight +7 (Prof.)
    Intimidation +2
    Investigation +0
    Medicine +7 (Prof.)
    Nature +0
    Perception +7 (Prof.)
    Performance +2
    Persuasion +4 (Prof.)
    Religion +2 (Prof.)
    Sleight of Hand +5
    Stealth +7 (Prof.)
    Survival +5
    Weapons: Simple Weapons
    Armor: Light armor, Medium armor, Heavy armor, Shields
    Tools: Herbalism Kit
    Languages: Common, Elvish, Draconic

[Combat]

HP: 12 /HD: 1d8 /TEMP HP: 0
    Initiative: +5 Speed: 30 Walking/30 Swimming
    AC 20 (Natural armor 13+Dex bonus, shield)
    Mace. Melee : +1 (1d6-1 bludgeoning)
    Bite. Melee : +1 (1d6-1 piercing)
    Light Crossbow : +7 (1d8+5 piercing ; Ammunition, loading, two-handed Range 80/320)

[Spells +7 DC: 15 2 spell slots]

Spoiler: Cantrips 

Spoiler: Spells 

[Features and Traits]

Hungry Jaws: In battle, you can throw yourself into a vicious feeding frenzy. As a bonus action, you can make a special attack with your bite. If the attack hits, it deals its normal damage, and you gain temporary hit points (minimum of 1) equal to your Constitution modifier, and you can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest
    Cunning Artisan: As part of a short rest, you can harvest bone and hide from a slain beast, construct, dragon, monstrosity, or plant creature of size Small or larger to create one of the following items: a shield, a club, a javelin, or 1d4 darts or blowgun needles. To use this trait, you need a blade, such as a dagger, or appropriate artisan's tools, such as leatherworker's tools.
    Hold Breath: You can hold your breath for 15 minutes
    Acolyte of Nature: At 1st level, you learn one cantrip of your choice from the druid spell list. You also gain proficiency in one of the following skills of your choice: Animal Handling, Nature, or Survival.

[Equipment]

Herbalism kit, mace, Light crossbow, Shield, 20 crossbow bolts, 2 blocks of incense, 2 days rations, 10 candles, an alms box, a backpack, a blanket, a censer, a tinderbox, vestments, and a waterskin.
    Equipment Weight 37.6 lbs, Net worth 55 gp, 3 sp
    5 gp
    Coins weight 0.1 lbs

[Character]

Height 7'3" / 540 lbs / Age 16 (Lizardfolk mature by age 14, and rarely live beyond 60)
    Eyes: Bright yellow with thin vertical slits for pupils
    Scales: Dark brown
    Frill: Deep green
    Auchek is a tall, thin lizardfolk with large yellow eyes. She has noticeable injuries, including but not limited to a limp, an arm that hangs close to her body, her lower jaw is set to the left, and a small dent in her head. Most of her clothes are on correctly.

Personality Traits: I have learned to laugh. I use this talent in response to all emotional situations, to better fit in with my comrades. I still don't understand how metaphors work. That doesn't stop me from using them at every opportunity. I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster. I'm oblivious to etiquette and social expectations. I speak oddly, in circular patterns.
    Ideals: Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. Nature. The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization.
    Bonds: I entered seclusion to hide from the ones who might still be hunting me. I must someday confront them. My isolation gave me great insight into a great evil that only I can destroy.
    Flaws: Now that I've returned to the world, I enjoy its delights a little too much. I like keeping secrets and won't share them with anyone.

Background: Hermit (I was forced into hiding from the corrupt devil that now rules my tribe)
    Character Backstory: Auchek lived as the leader of a relatively large lizardfolk tribe. She was a priestess to Semuanya, the lizardfolk god, and she was elevated to the highest position of power. All that changed when the King hatched. The King was the first to hatch from the brood, and destroyed all the other eggs in the village. Even as a hatchling, the King was terrifying and powerful. It grew and ate far too rapidly for a hatchling, and in a few weeks, was fully grown. The King was a terrifying creature, eight feet tall, made of muscle hard as rock. His scales were obsidian black, and unnatural spikes grew from his body at odd angles. He was far smarter than anyone else, and cruel too. It began commanding the lizardfolk, and eventually abdicated the role of chieftain from Auchek. He ordered the lizardfolk to beat her, and leave her in the swamps to die. She was beaten, nearly to death and left to drown in the swamps. But she did not die. She survived, knowing that she would have to flee to survive, and eventually return to her throne and destroy the evil that commanded her people. During her solitude, she received visions from Sess'innek, the demon lord who had corrupted her tribe. She knew that she would need to not only kill the King to protect her people, but Sess'innek himself.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 12-02-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Oh I'm excited o.o both of those make me excited to see c:

- - - Updated - - -

As you are approved you will be addes to The Cast

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Will leave the OOC open for a bit to allow people to pop in and then I'll add the IC in a few days to a week.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Cool beans.

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Awesome.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Hm o.o was expecting more by now

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Do you think @Enigma; is still interested?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast