Page 1 of 32 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Purgament 2020- The Desolate Plains

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Purgament 2020- The Desolate Plains

With the suddenness of an earthquake the entirety of RPA begins to shake and shudder. The tallest buildings sway in time with the seismic rumbles dancing like giant waltzers. The vibrations begin to rip the earth apart fire and smoke belching out from the cracks in the earth. The quake continues to move the very foundations of RPA to its core.

The rips soon connect forming into a single giant hole like a huge mouth from hell opening up with a bestial like roar and from the ghastly opening erupt sixteen portals. Each with its own aura, it's own...malicious light. As the doors come fully into view the earthquake stops leaving the ground split apart and broken. And a deafening silence fills the air. A great cavern has opened up around them, a palatable energy thrumming through the air. Soon the portals begin pulsing with their own power and weapons shoot from the glowing depths of each ethereal doorway. They embed themselves in the ground each in perfect condition and standing tall as if waiting for someone to come claim them.

A few seconds pass before strange shadowy creatures crawl out of the portals and drag themselves up to stand behind each weapon aside they are humanoid in shape, but that aside there is no distinction between them, not even male or female body shape. Each around six feet tall, but utterly featureless like they were motionless mannequins made out of ink.

All is still, as if someone has grabbed hold of the wheels of time and forced them to stop spinning. The world begins to ripple a few seconds after though and a lone figure walks into existence. His garbs clacks and jingles as he walks the skulls of unknown enemies jangling all about him. His grinning face twisted to an almost cartoonish length the smooth bones of his skull glistening in the unexplained lights of the portals the grisly scythe in his left hand making the ground boom as if hollow. Walking past the faceless figures he lifts the weapon high and bangs it firmly one the ground. The figures begin shuddering as if in pain before gripping their respective weapons. Each figure strike a pose in perfect time from left and right in a cool calculated sequence

1:
    Spoiler: Jester, defeated in Round 1 vs Bard 

2:
    Spoiler: Paladin, Victories: 3 

3: The third figure, like the second, grips a single weapon and breaks it into two. With quick flowing movements the shadow spins the tonfas around it's hands and arms before executing an expertly done backflip. Landing in a crouch the figure stands to its full height and crosses the tonfas over it's chest before it holds them both out before it.

"The tonfas are perfect for the acrobatic fighter."

4:
    Spoiler: Assassin, defeated in Round 1 vs Paladin 

5: The next figure grips the handle of the hammer next to it and despite the weapon being as tall as the figure it easily lifts it up with one hand and actually tossing it up with a flick of the wrist only to catch the hefty weapon above it's head and smash it hard into the ground shattering the already fractures ground a few times before it grips the hammer with both hands and leaps into the air crashing it full force into the ground creating a small crater under it before it grips the butt of the hammer with both hands tilting it slightly forward.

"The hammer is perfect for the mighty fighter."

6: The next figure grips the long spear before it with one hand and began thrusting it into the air around it leaping in skillful hops jamming down at various angles before it dives to the ground and begins rolling around jabbing with the blade and spinning on its shoulder sweeping the legs of an invisible opponent before it returns to its feet spinning the spear up over it's head with a single hand before it flips the weapon around and presents the butt of the spear.

"The spear is perfect for the skillful fighter."

7:
    Spoiler: Mage, defeated in Round 1 vs Raider 

8:
    Spoiler: Samurai, Victories: 2, defeated in Round 3 vs Paladin 

9:
    Spoiler: Bard, Victories: 1, defeated in Round 2 vs Gladiator 

10:
    Spoiler: Warden, defeated in Round 1 vs Samurai 

11:
    Spoiler: Inquisitor, defeated in Round 1 vs Conquistador 

12:
    Spoiler: Conquistador, Victories: 1, defeated in Round 2 vs Paladin 

13:
    Spoiler: Lancer, Victories 1 

14:
    Spoiler: Raider, Victories: 1, defeated in Round 2 vs Samurai 

15:
    Spoiler: Nomad, defeated in Round 1 vs Gladiator 

16:
    Spoiler: Gladiator, Victories: 2, defeated in Round 3 vs Lancer 

Once each ink creature has displayed it's skills and presented its weapon the Grim Grinner gives a low chuckle and waves his hand around signalling for the choices to be made and truths revealed.

NOTE: This whole sequence is another level of challenge for the players. They must choose based on the weapon shown and the hints giving in each description. Once a character is selected the player will be given the fuller sheet of each character who goes with that weapon. Everything but the bulk of the abilities and bio will be revealed upon the time of selection.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 05-27-2020 at 11:57 PM. Reason: adding stuff in

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I don't know if this is where I'm supposed to put this, as I've never done this before, but I would like #7, the Knowledgeable Fighter with the staff
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 12-06-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I take the rapier!
    The blade calls to me

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ok 7 and 9 are claimed I'll PM you guys the sheets and then add them to this thread.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

DAGGERS!!! PLEASE RESERVE FOR MOI!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ok NO. 4 for Breggo.

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I'll take #10.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Roger that Hoef.

Horror
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

#16 Been wanting to fight with a wild, agile character for a while.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Alrighty then

Page 1 of 32 123 ... LastLast