Thread: Purgament 2020 FAQ

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Purgament 2020 FAQ

General

Q. Can't we bring our own made character or are we allowed to edit?

A. No, this Rumble is made specifically with the mind set of giving you a pre-made character that you need to work with. You will be given only a quarter of his/her/its/their abilities and memories, which you will unlock as you progress and win the battles.

Q. So we have no say in the character at all?

A. Yes and No. The abilities, personality, equipment, etc. are set, but, and this is the big important parameter, you are still able to play your character the way you see fit. You may even come up with possibilities we, the judges, have not even considered.

Q. Why are you trying this again?

A. We liked what this idea did and represented the last time wanted to see if lightning could indeed strike the same place twice. Our mindset was to bring more attention and people to the arena. Some shy away from it for many reasons, and we wanted to continue to expend the horizon of possibilities on what can be done within the field of the arena.

Q. Are the characters balanced?

A. Yes and no. We did tried our best to give them all a more or less good start, however, some start with more powerful abilities, and some will not get abilities right away or right after each victory.

We want you to actually use what you have been given to make the most of it, and test your abilities as a player. So, as balanced as we can try to make it, the player playing his/her role can make the big difference here. Keep in mind that the abilities are not THAT helpful if the player has not put them to a good use.

Q. How about adding more to the bio or abilities of the character?

A. The Fighters will be updated in special threads with the character's weapons, abilities, weakness, etc. You will be given 3 days afterwards to learn more about your characters and ask questions.

Who will go against you will also be published during that time, giving you enough time to learn how to approach the coming battle.

Q. My character is not that powerful...

A. As you can see from the judging criteria in this thread, power is not everything. We also judge by how you react to the arena environment, to the other player, to the mind set and personality of your character and so on.
    As what happened before, and likely will probably happen again, even if a player managed to "defeat" or "kill" their rival, they may still lose, if their abilities to express the battle weren't sufficient enough or because of other reasons that may draw points away from their score.

Q. I wasn't quick enough to get a fighter!

A. We have 16 fighters, stay tuned, and check the list for more info. We have some more ideas for other fighters, but they will only be tapped if we have overwhelming interest in the 2019 Purgament.

Q. Can we switch?

A. Right now no. If the issue comes up we will consider the terms under which we will allow a trade.

Q. I want to be a judge, does it mean I can't participate in the Rumble?

A. Sadly yes. You can be a judge only by giving up your chance to be a player.

Q. When do we start?

A. Unless something changes, which we don't think will happen (but stay tuned in case of a change) we will start on the 17th of January. We will post a thread with the "Characters" you are going to play. You will then be given 3 days to adjust, create your strategy, and think on how you are going to play them.

Extensions

Q. On the subject of extension and 72 hours posts.

A: If a player fails to post within the allotted time period, and has not been granted an extension, they will be disqualified. Their opponent will be granted an automatic win and pass on to the next round.

-If a judge's post is due in your thread, you have 72 hours to post from the judge's post. You will not be penalized for waiting for a judge post when you've been asked to.

-Each extension, if allowed, will be no longer than 72 hours. But no more than two extension will be given total per round, per fighter. I.E. If Player One asks for two extensions in Round One they will not be given a third in that Round, while Player Two can still ask for two extensions before Round One is over, but if that same Player One asks for an extension or two in Round Two they could be granted two more 72 hour extensions.

The first round of this rumble will probably be the round we will be a bit more lenient because we are aware that this is the start. We aware we have few players who haven't posted and consider giving them extra time, just for the sake of it being the start and to get things going.

Generally speaking, each of you have a judge for a reason. If you feel you cannot post in the given 72 hours, you need to contact your judge and ask for an extension. Each extension will be no more than another 72 hours TOP.

The judges reserve the right to refuse a request however. One of the main reasons for it is if an opponent has asked for it repeatedly or if the given reasons were not justified. After all, you have all committed to this, just as your friends and judges, so that would be unfair to keep them waiting. If you couldn't find time, you shouldn't have signed and taken the spot of someone else.

Rule Breakers

Q. What are you gonna do about members not following the rules?

A. We have to admit that in this we give the judge the chance to act as he/she sees fit because we have two ways to approach battles judging.

1. Contact said member and tell him to edit the post.

2. Wait until the end of the battle and bring it to the attention while doing the scores (this will greatly effects the numbers and/or be a serious cause to disqualification). Reason is, that we gave you the rules from long before the battles have started. We kinda expect you to read them and to know better.

So, trust us to judge the way we see fit, but please, suppose you notice something which seems wrong, bring it to our attention. Better to PM the personal judge and help them see the things they may have missed.

Thank you everyone and have fun.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 12-06-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50