Thread: Who ya gonna call?

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default Who ya gonna call?

They're back. The original cast is returning, but they are no where in sight in the trailer. (Minus footage from previous movie.) And yet this looks a million times better then the travesty that had recently marred the bustin' name. This is how you bring back a franchise. Sooooooooo looking forward to this.......

Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yeah, this looks like it's gunna be real fresh.

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

The remake could have actually been good if they didn't make a huge joke about it. They could have easily made a girl ghostbusters, a continuation team, or a multiverse storyline and make it cool. Instead it was a reboot that mocked the original. I'm glad we're getting an actual sequel. I need to go back and watch the original Ghostbusters now. It's been years since I've seen them.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

@Omac; I had hoped it would be good. Several of the actresses I've found enjoyable in other things. So I thought it could be good. But as time went on and I heard more about the director, the issues during production, the rewrites, amd the stance it started to take politically. (Not to mention whatever the hell that was where they went expendables on the army of ghosts.) I watched as it spiraled down into the atrocity it became.

The director I knew only had done a few comedies. And then a friend told me about Bridesmaid, which he did. And the humor described was... Juvenile i think is the politest i can go. I mean the horrible scene at the end of the Ghostbusters reboot, you know the police dancing under the control of the big bad. Yeah the director wanted that in the movie itself.

That of course was one of the rewrites mentioned, cause the studio gave it a firm no. The other was the egos colliding during filming. This one wanted as much screen as thay one and so on and so on. So script needed fixxing. And when that happens the quality tends to go down hill.

Of course the political stance is fairly obvious. I firmly believe women can do anything a guy can do. So it doesn't need to beat me over the head with a gender issue. And thats what it started to do. Even when the movie started getting eaten alive by reviews they tried to play the sexism card. And that just made it worse. A well written hero(ine) doesn't need to be the same sex, same color, same sexual preference or religuous creed to touch and influence their fans. They just need to connect, when the portrayer, or fan base, make it about one of those then they are damaging the characters/franchise.

Unfortunately they did themselves in. Afterlife however looks like it will make up for that self destructive atrocity.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Heh. Hopefully it's good!

Darren and I saw Bill Murray in Dublin about a year ago, actually. He was walking out of a hotel that we were just walking into to have a drink at the hotel bar.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy