Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Default M | IC | City of Angels | Dire Hoef x Kiro Akira

Thursday, July 4th, 2019 - Independence Day, Family Cook-Out

"
    1971 was quite the magical year for anyone growing up in Los Angeles. Elton John and Led Zepplin exploded onto the scene and Diamonds are Forever as well as Fiddler on the Roof came out. and But that wasn't all that made this place that more magical, in fact it was specifically because of magic that the City of Angels literally became the City of Angels.

No-one really remembers how magic got here, but almost everyone was slinging spells trying to be the hottest dude in the joint. But when the Man stepped in, everything became less chaotic than before. It's still chaotic even now, but there aren't doofuses blowing up cars every five minutes.

But you're not here to hear about the history of magic in this cool-city. You're here to hear about a story about me and a dear friend of mines, he's over there, surviving the turbulent times of history while trying to ace High School. So I guess we'll start with Freshman Year, the year that me and Jin first met and really learned how High School worked.
    "

Tuesday, August 20th, 1971 - First Semester

[BGM: Joy to the World - Three Dog Night]

Waking up to the sound of a buzzard going off, and the sound of a very angry Japanese mother yelling from downstairs, Jeremiah groaned as he rolled out of bed. He fell to the floor, sat up, and looked at the time. His eye widened at the time as it said, "7:30." He knew that his mother was going to be pissed, and so to minimized the damage from this hurricane, he got to work getting his clothes and school supplies.

And when he got them together, and was significantly dressed, his father stepped in. "Boy if you ain't dress--oh, you are. Get yo ass downstairs! I ain't raisin' no stoner!"

Jeremiah fervently nodded as he slipped pass his father and jogged down the stairs to the kitchen where he took his piece of toast and made sure he had everything.

His mother, who looked none too pleased by his lateness, spoke to him in a thick Japanese accent. "Do you have everything??"

He nodded with the same amount of pseudo-enthusiasm.

"Good. Your father will drive you to school."

He nodded once more, as he slowly made his way towards the door.

"Boy I know you ain't tryin to slink off before we take this picture!"

Jeremiah froze, and gave a soft groan.

His father pulled him over to the stairs, and took a picture with a Polaroid camera. "Now let's get goin boy." He ruffles Jeremiah's hair as he steps out into the august sun.

Jeremiah sighed, waved goodbye to his mother, and followed his father out.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Jin was up way before the alarm went off having a book he was reading half way through. The sleep last night sucked and he was well awake by 6AM. What better way to spend his morning aside from reading? Thats what every other teenager did wasnt it?

As on cue with his mothers knock a buzzard went off at 7AM. "Jinny, come on son time to get up."

Smashing his hand on the top of the alark he nodded to himself mainly knowing his mother couldnt see through the door.

"Already awake mom, been up for an hour, you can go ahead and head off to work tho, I planned on walking today wanna finish this book."

He could hear the heavy sigh from the other side.

"Alright, please be careful, you know people are dumb these days and I worry."

Jin sighed softly shaking his head at the paranoia from his mom and stood up grabbing his bag and book before slacking off for a good 10 minutes until he heard the door to his home closed. He loved his mother dearly as she was all he had left, but he would be ok. Just as long as he kept his head on straight and looked forwards.

Without a second thought, he slipped his shoes on, flipped open his book and stepped out onto the streets making his 20 minute walk to the school
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The drive to the school was quiet as ever; neither him nor his dad brought up anything worthwhile to talk about. This especially apparent considering the ample amount of chaos that filled the streets. It was almost as though Hell had leaked its way onto the material plane.

However, when Jeremiah's father pulled up onto the curb he looked over at his boy and said, "Remember what I told ya: 'Keep ya head down, and no stupid shit.'"

Jeremiah fervently nodded, before having slipped out of the car and up the school's steps. He needed to get to 1st period as soon as possible so as to avoid any tardiness. During middle school, he was always late or never present. So he wanted to make sure his highschool days were spent being as present as possible.

He walked some ways down the hall filled with students of varying sizes and races, and eventually he found his 1st period class; he was looking at his admission papers after all. He found a seat and sat down, having taken in the sights.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Jin's walk was quiet as he had his nose in the book, ignoring the sounds around him with just his eyes peaking above the book to see the walk ahead. Only glancing up every few moments to be sure he was still going the right way. It wasnt until Jin was at the school that he nearly bumped into a student but instead quickly caught himswlf and chimes in at the student who was staring at him.
    "My bad dude, good book yea?"
    He said with a grin and was only responded to by the kid out right ignoring him and looking back to his friends.

Giving a soft frown Jin sighed and shook his head making his way towards first period. "Rude ass kids already. Hmph" He muttered to himself as he walked.

Once inside the classroom he looked about seeing the seats filling in trying to find an open one before finding one of the few next to another kid who was locked in on some papers. Giving a smile he mov3d up motioning to the seat beside the kid.
    "Hello, mind if I sit here?"

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He snapped up from his admission papers, and looks over at the kid looking at him. He gestured at the chair. He went back to his papers, having tried and failed at remembering his schedule. He looked at the kid next to him and pointed to his schedule, trying to convey what the kid schedule was.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Jin blinked and pointed to himself. "Mine?" He asked before shrugging and pulling his own schedule out to take a look at it. He didnt make much of it rather then looking at his first class. That was one thing Jin was horrible at. Keeping a schedule on what he was doing next and planning things out. But he shrugged and peeked at it. "Math next right?" He asked and groaned. "Math so early....."

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He'd think about that for a moment before getting a sort of "eureka" moment. He would pull out his notebook and pencil and begin to scribble down a few sentences.

Oh. That's cool. I was having a bit of trouble trying to remember mine. So I just wanted to know if we had the same class next, and we do so. Thanks.

He would then slide the paper onto his desk, looking at him expectantly.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Jin squinted as he read the paper over and frowned slightly. "Coulda just said it you know." He said and then shrugged grinning slightly. "But hey, my dad was the same way with mum when he first met her. Couldnt say a single word. Oddly she found it romantic but eh." He said and then shrugged kicking back in his chair. "No problem tho dude. Same class means I'll at least know one of my classmates."

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Jeremiah nodded at that, knowing that his attempt was successful. He looked over the kid once more, studying his posture and demeanor. But, since he wasn't really for observing people he scribbled again and put up another paper.

"What kind of magic are you good at?"

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Jin blinked and stared at the paper eyeing it for a moment. "Magic? Yokai, demons, fire, etc." He said and rubbed his fingers together quickly and sparks began forming st the tips before he released the two and his hand ignited a small barely visable flame. "Sparks and stuff." He said and when his hand clenched the flames dispersed. "What about you?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast