Thread: RP Roulette/Madlibs (GAME) Interest Check

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Mystery
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default RP Roulette/Madlibs (GAME) Interest Check

Hey all Lumi here and I’m bringing you all a new game for the year of 2020! (Hopefully I’m not rehashing the past xD)

It’s a roulette/mad lib of sorts. The prizes are either new rp ideas or hilarious short summaries. Here’s how it’s gonna work, you all will give me a random number between 1 and any integer of 10 I call out.

E.g. - 1 through 10 or 1 through 30

It doesn’t stop there folks! Once all numbers have been claimed then I will choose 2 people at random and give them a genre and a word and they will give a three to four sentence short synopsis of an idea for an rp. Then we move on to round 3!

Round 3 will consist of a countdown. So I will start with a random number and you guys count down until we reach zero.

** If in the event we do not have enough different players then I ask that consistent players wait at least three minutes to countdown another number. **

Whoever reaches 0 first I will give them two words and a freestyle option. The player can then either choose one or both words and expand upon the previously scripted synopses OR the freestyle option which will allow the player to ignore the word choices and go off the cuff! Meaning you can pick your own word(s) or go crazy and finish the prompts.

But be warned player’s you only get one freestyle a day, so use them wisely. If you choose not to use your freestyle and instead choose the set words then your freestyle count drops to 0 UNLESS you type Rollover at the end of your post.

**Freestyle only activates if you are the one to countdown to 0.**

Round three concluded we move to our final round!!! Hope y’all are keeping up!

In the event that the previous player uses their freestyle, or the set words, and finishes the prompt then we will hold an auction for the prompt! But how do we hold an auction with no form of currency Lumi?!!

No worries friends, we’ll use points. These points are obtained every time you call out a number during countdown, you are called to start a prompt, continue a prompt, or use your freestyle. Plus I’ll be throwing out random point bonuses so keep a look out for those!

Countdown = 1pt.
    Prompt Start = 2pt.
    Prompt Cont. = 2pt.
    Freestyle = 5pt.

You can use these points to bid for the finished prompt and use it to role play if you so choose.

However if the prompt is not finished then we will do one last random number draw and I will pick four people (2 for each prompt) to finish the synopsis. How it’s finished is up to them. They can ultimately pick the rating, rp type (group or private), heck even add a secondary genre if they so choose, as long as it follows RPA’s rules and guidelines. Once finished each team will submit the final drafts to me via PM and I will post them here, where we can bid on them as well. Or if the final team wishes to role play it themselves then it will not be up for auction.

So to sum it all up:

• Round 1: GM will ask players to pick a number between 1 and 10 (20,30,etc.)
    • Round 2: Once all numbers are taken, two players will be chosen at random to come up with a 3-4 sentence summary using supplied genre and random word
    • Round 3: Countdown will begin from random number and players must countdown to 0. Player that reaches 0 will be given two words and a freestyle. One or both words can be used to finish the prompt, or player can use their freestyle.
    • Round 4: If prompt is finished then all players earn the chance to bid for said prompt using points earned during countdown, prompt start/finish, freestyle usage, or point bonus round.

-However if print is not finished, another random number draw will start and four people will be chosen to finish the synopses (two for each one). Once finished, prompts are sent to GM for players to bid on.

I know it’s a lot, but if you got this far then I thank you all for reading. I’m trying to use this as way to get better at making up summaries like I used to and to give everyone at RPA a chance to work together with new potential partners and friends. Plus I thought it’d be tons of fun!! This idea has been in my head for three days and I just knew I had to get it out. If you guys like the idea let me know, constructive criticism and feedback is also welcome.
    Spoiler: Signature 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Bringing this back from the depths

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I might not be able to join the finalized RP, but the planning portion alone could be interesting, so I’ll pop in every now and then.

Has Round 1 started yet? If so, we choose a number between 1 and what this round? (10, 20, 30...)
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Oh wow, honestly I thought this was placed in the recycled thread! I’m glad someone responded . Round one hasn’t started cause there wasn’t really interest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I’ll bump this again, hopefully it’ll grab some traction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

B u M p

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The random elements of this are very detailed and creative! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Just for my own clarity: the countdown phase, would that be alright to happen over days? It mentioned a three minute minimum if there weren't many participants, and I know that often people show up anywhere from multiple times a day to once every couple of weeks. Coupled with time zone differences, if it's dependent on being immediately or quickly available to respond I think that would probably rule me out, much as the overall idea is right up my alley!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture