Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheel of time - interest check

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Wheel of time - interest check

The Wheel of Time

The wheel of time series, for those who don't know, is a really old series of books that follows a young man named Rand Al'thor and his friends as they fight or avoid darkness.

Rand is the Dragon Reborn, one foretold in prophecy would bring to pass a second breaking of the world and would defeat the Dark One, Beilzimun. He is followed by his friends from his small town of the Two Rivers and an Aies Sedai, one who can channel devine energy from The Source.

The whole story contains
    Aies Sedai, who aren't very liked in most places and are generally avoided.
    Warders, who accompany these Aies Sedai as they travel and help them when fighting forces of darkness like...
    Tralecks, monstrous humanoids that look more beast or animal then human, and have an insatiable thirst for bloodshed,
    Medraul, also known as half men, pasty skinned, eyeless figures that sure the dark one and control the Tralecks,
    And more.
    There are also
    Ta'veren, whom the patern of the times are weaved around, or are forced to be weaved into
    And more.

It's a very fun story, and I wouldn't mind doing an RP of it if I get more people.
    No, I don't plan to be playing Cannon, so it doesn't matter if you don't know a lot.
    The one who will save you, the one who will stick by you, the one that will never back down,
    or maybe the one that finally brings you to your knees and makes you realize what kind of person you are.
    Wastelander

Spoiler: extra 

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

So, this begs the question of period/setting. Is this going to be in a different Age "before" the books, so things are relatively open to the players? Or will this be after Rand does his whole Rand thing?

I have a wolf-brother Warder that I would love to dust off for this.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

And I've got my Yellow Aies Sedai I wouldn't mind putting forward.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 3/5 Multi = 2/5 PW = 1/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ok
    The idea was that this would be after Rand is done being the dragon.
    But nothing is yet set, so we could make it so the it was a long time ago and have it open or be before.
    The question there is, what's the difference?
    It's the Wheel of Time for a reason.

If this is what you guys want to do, then I'll get started on the OOC after a response
    The one who will save you, the one who will stick by you, the one that will never back down,
    or maybe the one that finally brings you to your knees and makes you realize what kind of person you are.
    Wastelander

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Spoiler: Spoilers for the Series 

I was mainly asking just to gauge an idea of where the character would be coming from. I'm assuming if we go post-Dragon, it'll be a ways down. Enough time for reincarnations to come of age, for those it might matter to?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

just throwing this out there since we don't seem to have a solid idea of what we want.
    Alternate time line?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Truth be told, I may not have thought this all the way through.
    I do have some other ideas that I wouldn't mind putting in, one being a way to folder out the taint of the dark one from the male side of the one power using one of the angreal [of some type]. Either found by a man that can channel or made by one by accident before he was to far gone and still got gentled.
    This allows it to be found later and used, but there would only be one in existance no mater how you put it.
    This sort of makes a little sense, since not all the different angreal have been found nor do any really know what most of the powers they hold are.

I have also been told an alternate timeline wouldn't be a bad idea.

Another truth is that I'm only in the first few books RN and have only gotten past where Rand has taken the Stone and Callindor and his friends that are training for Aies Sedai sister have captured some of the black Ahja.

I am open to ideas.
    Wastelander

A Storm Is Coming
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

The handy thing is that most character concepts should remain intact regardless. But WoT is full of different timeline/multiverse theories. You can un-jump that portal stone shark.

Spoiler: more spoilers? 

It looks like we've at least got an Aes Sedai and a Warder set up, so that's an extra plus

EDIT: If you aren't all the way through, then I would definitely suggest an alternate timeline/Age so that way you have the world and its rules as your sandbox to do whatever you want with.
    Last edited by StormWolf; 01-14-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

ah, we never did get to far in the last one. Can't wait to see what Shinanigans we get up to again. Maybe I should bring my wolf sister in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would that if it where a future timeline, the taint would not be near as potent and male channalers would have a higher sanity rate, so they could if they wanted. I would also say that trollocs and fades would have a small rate of encounter until later on. And the dark one would be an even longer time coming.
    Wastelander

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast