Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Fairy tails. (P.K. X CF)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"That's all we needed." Amil said over her shoulder. Resa glanced over her shoulder at the wizard. "there's no need to kill it, its not bothering anyone." She said glancing back at the beast who was starting to rouse when the wizard tapped them each on the head. "hey." Amil said turning on the wizard when she realized she was starting to feel lighter and tipped off over the edge of the mountain, only... not to fall. "Whoa whoa..."

Dusty simply floated where she was seeming less surprised then everyone else. After listening to what he had to say Resa wasted no time in jumping. "Wheee! Hey this must be what its like to have an Exceed!" She told Amil who crossed her arms as she floated for a moment. "Ya.. maybe." She mused at the man unhappily. "This doesn't make us owe you." she said finely before she wobbled a bit turning and heading down the mountain. though she had to admit.. this was faster.

"Fascinating." Dusty murmured as she followed with Resa having a little to much fun doing tricks in the air, apparently already having mastered the thought process.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"I still did not get your names, but it's fine I guess, such is the impertinence of youth. Oh to be a child again. Well, I will t least introduce myself. My name is Samuel B. Necore. Red Wizard of Thay, Master of the mystic arts, and, as far as I am concerned, Zulkir of Necromancy. At least I would be if my ritual wasn't disrupted and I didn't end up here. But, that can be fixed, I'm sure. So, tell me about this town, is it collection of mud huts or something that is at lest a bit civilized. I'll be honest, I haven't had a decent rest in nearly a week, and would like a nice hot meal and a bath and a soft bed." He says, flying with them, still in his slimy robe. Despite the cold, the liquid hadn't even started to congeal. Nor did he seem dressed for the environment, but he also wasn't shivering.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Amil rolled her eyes at the man going on, talking down to them. how rude. She said nothing but Resa smiled kindly as she listened, settling down in her somersaults to fly with the rest of them. "My name Resa, Amil is the grumpy one and Dusty is the quite one."

"I'm not grumpy." Amil grumbled with annoyance. "and no Magnolia is not a little collection of mud huts." she said glancing back at the wizard. "Its a fairly prominent Merchant city and it houses one of the greatest Wizard guilds in all of Fiore." She said crossing her arms.

Dusty was quietly thinking over his comment about necromancy as they flew. She didn't bristle like Amil did at his condescending talk and wasn't as excited or friendly as Resa, she was simply quite.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"We'll see how great this wizard guild is" He says, as he flew. Looking at him the bulk under his robes, now highlighted by the wind, didn't seem natural. Almost as if this self-proclaimed 'wizard' was wearing armor, and not exactly light armor at that. "If it is a trading town, perhaps I can spend a mina or two there. But I need better clothes than this."

It is t this time the spell started to fade, and he directed them to land, because he said that if the spell ends while they're still airborne, they'll just drop. As they land, he unclasped his robe and with a twirl and flash of light, he now looks completely different. The bulkiness once seen is now gone, and for a man he is somewhat slender, but still looks well-built. He shakes his coat out and brushes off his sleeves before pulling a cane of ebony topped with a silver skull studded with black diamonds and tapping the silver capped end on the ground. "Well, unless you lot are tired, lets go. Also as a sign of good faith, Amil, let me look at your hand.

When he was it, he would touch the odd necklace he wore, a strange fetish made of bone, and tap it with the head of his cane, and the injury would glow, and then vanish. "I hope this alleviates any tension we might have." He gestures for them to lead the way.

--------------

Spells used -

Cure light wounds

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

The others landed as the spell was about to wear out. Resa's the only one who seemed to enjoy it as Amil brushed herself off with her good hand before looking to the wizard as he continued speaking. "Whoa. its like transformation magic." Resa observed. Dusty. "kind of." she agreed turning to look in the direction they would be heading until Samuel asked Amil to show him her hand. Amil was reluctant but held out her bloody hand.

"Healing magic." Dusty murmured watching as the wizard preformed the task. "A wizard of many magics." she said. Amil studied her hand for a moment before looking to Samuel. "Its a start." she sighed finely letting herself relax a bit. "Magnolia is this way." She said pointing. "It should only be a few hours since we skipped the mountain all together." She took the lead once more as Resa bounces along behind her.

"Its rowdy." Dusty said pausing for a moment. "At the guild hall." It was like a warning. This place, specifically their guild was not a quite place on any given day.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Oh you have not seen rowdy until you've been in the Debate Halls of the Bloodcowl towers. Lets just say it gets very heated, and more than harsh words are thrown." He says. "Yes, I know some healing magic, its not really so different from other kinds. Where I am from, magic is separated into seven schools. These are Abjuration, Enchantment, Conjuration, Necromancy, Illusion, Transfiguration, and Evocation. I have majored in Necromancy, and minored in Evocation, specifically. I know spells of other schools, however. That flying spell is transfiguration, for example and that spell I used to make that creature disappear is Abjuration. Spells are further divided into spell 'levels', degrees of difficulty. These range from Cantrips, or 'zero level spells', minor tricks taught to apprentices, all the way up to ninth level, usable only by the greatest of mages that include things like calling down meteors from the sky, or killing with a single spoken word..., or even granting your deepest wish. All spells I can use, but rarely do. Ah, but I'm rambling. You three are pleasant company, at least." He says, walking with them.

"Truthfully, though, Healing magic is a form of necromancy. Think about it, what is necromancy? It is the manipulation of the energies of life and death. What is a healing spell? Is it not the same, when you boil it down to its essence? I am talkative today, I do not know why. Maybe its because you aren't a bunch of stuffy old men like me, haha." He finishes, laughing, looking not much older than someone in their late twenties.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dusty eyed the mage. "Manipulation of life and death." she murmured. "Its not wise to mess with the natural order of things." she said more solomly. "The dead should remain at rest." she said and for someone who didn't show much emotion seemed a little uncomfortable.

Resa was thoughtful for a moment. "Magic seems complicated in your world." she said. She turned so she was walking backward to look at the wizard. "There are all kinds of magic types here..." She paused in thought. "On second thought maybe both our kids of magic are complicated."

"That classifications are Castor magic and holder magic." Amil said. "Castor magic is expelled from the body, like Slayer magic, maker magic, Or take over magic. Holder magic is magic that requires a magical item to use or cast." She said looking back. "We all three have castor magic, most people do."

"right!" Resa said. "I have monster slayer magic. Amil has dragon slayer magic and Dusty is... mmm Maker magic?" she looked to dusty who nodded quietly. "Something like that!"

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"In my world there are only two kinds of magic, three if you count ki, and four if you include psionic. But the main two are Arcane and Divine. Arcane magic is magic gained by manipulating the energy of a force known as 'the weave'. The weave itself is a complicated subject but in layman's terms, it is the energy that binds ll magic together, an it is maintained by the goddess of magic, Mystara. Divine magic is far simpler, it is magic gifted to people like priests and paladins by the gods." He says, as if belief in a 'god' was unquestionable.

"And about necromancy, that is an amateurish view. All necromancy is is a tool, there is no 'natural order'. That is a concept created by superstitious peasants and close-minded fools who don't want others to become more powerful than they are. I mean, skeletons are perfect servants. They don't need to eat, they're clean, tireless, never complain, and you don't have to pay them. True, there are some fools who overexert themselves and try things beyond their ken and then it backfires on them. But that's because they aren't ready for it, and misuse the power. After all, any bad thing that happens you blame the workman, not his tools."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dusty eyed the wizard uncomfortably. "I don't think dusty will agree with you with no matter what you say." Resa said quietly. "I think the dead should be left to rest to, I wouldn't want someone using my skeleton unless I gave them permission." she shivered. "Dusty's sensitive to Taboo magic." she before putting one hand to her mouth facing Samuel. "Dusty was created by Taboo dark magic, the couple tried to bring their daughter back from the dead but it didn't work they couldn't put Dusty back to rest so they dumped her and she was alone for a long time."

Amil looked back over his shoulder. "There was one wizard who had a similar spell, he could use souls I think. it was kind of creepy actually but he was a nice guy..."

Dusty floated on ahead, seeming uncomfortable with the whole conversation while Resa watched her, quite for a moment before looking back to Samuel. "Well.... slayer magic is simple enough, Dragon slayers where taught by dragons or had a lacrima implanted in them. Amil is a second generation Dragon slayer but Natsu was a first generation!" Amil smiled a bit. "I made friends with the slimes and wildlife near the Orphanage I grew up in I think Dusty's magic is just inherant to her being..." she said finely.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"That's interesting. I'll have to do research into that. How people learn magic in my world is very different. Wizards, like me, gain it through intense study, Sorcerers gain it through magical bloodlines, one of which is a dragon ancestor, Warlocks get them through pacts with beings like fiends or eldritch spirits or fey, also called fairies. Druids get their magic through nature and nature gods, Bards get their magic through music, and Clerics and paladins get them from their gods. But your world seems fascinating, I will have to look into this. I think I'm going to give you each a gift, as thanks."

He roots around in one of his bags.

He first takes out a sword, a rapier. "For you, Rena. This is a Moontouched sword, when you draw it out in darkness, it will shed moonlight from the unsheathed blade, so you can see at least a small area around you." He then takes out a one-foot diameter stone sphere engraved with runes and hands it to Dusty. "This is a stone of cleansing, all you have to do it touch it and think clean thoughts, and all the dirt, dust, grime, or whatever on you and your clothes and weapons will be instantly cleaned off." He then hands a necklace to Amil. "This is a periapt of health. When wearing it, you are immune to any and all magical and non magical diseases, and if you re already sick, it suppresses the symptoms."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast