Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Serious Fairy tails. (P.K. X CF)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Amil grinned a bit as he asked about the magic games. "The grand magic games, its a Annual competition in fiore. Most magic guilds participate to compete for the title of the strongest guild."

"And 30,000,000 Jewel!" Resa chimed in. "To the winning guild!"

"Most of the events are friendly enough, Sometimes that events change from year to year. Contests remain secrets until they are announced so it could be anything from a race, a battle of beauty to free for all battle royal." Amil said. "They could be fetal, but your not allowed to kill anyone." She said.

"The year Fairy tails missing members returned Titania slew 100 monsters on her own, single handedly beating the a competition on her own." Resa said excitedly. "They sure took a beating but they brought the guild back to the number one guild." She grinned. "Though only 2 teams are allowed per guild and only 5 members per team."

"We'll win again this year." Amil swore one fist lighting up in fire as she slammed it into her fist with a grin. Eager to see the competitions that would be held in the coming year. She wasn't planning on being in the ring herself. unless she could open her second origin but that was a rare spell to use and the last person who had used that kind of magic was dead, as far as she was aware.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"I see. I'm fairly certain I can remain flexible enough with spells to handle anything, and I do have quite a few spell scrolls, plus if I get the reagents, I could deck us out in spell tattoos." He says, scratching his chin. "Those are temporary tattoos I infuse with specific spell. Basically, the tattoo holds the spell at the ready, so anyone can cast it, even if they can't normally cast spells or don't know that spell. However once its used the tattoo vanishes. It is also incredibly painful to inscribe and depending on the complexity it can take several hours of work." He continues.

He reaches into a small sack he carries on his waist, and takes out three small rectangular blocks of gold, and hands them one each, about the size of pencil, and intricately decorated. "There, I have given you each a mina of gold, these are not like normal coins, as Thay has it own money system. That is pure gold you are holding, and is in total between the three of you, the annual wages of what a well-off farmer could earn s wages. Buy whatever you want."

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Resa put her hands behind her back while she smiled once again turning to walk down the street. "Its all mostly in good fun now, LamiaScale, bluepegesus and sabertooth are all friendly guilds as are most of the others."

"But there are a few like twilightoger." Amil said putting her hands behind her head. "After all the abuse they put Fairy tail through, theres still a bit of bad blood even after we got back at them."

Dusty glanced at the wizard as he spoke about that tattoos while the others were quite for a moment. "Naw, if we get picked we'll fight with our own strength. After all that's what the competitions are all about."

"We wont." Dusty said quietly, she didn't sound off put more like she was just stating it as a fact. "Fairy tails strongest teams will be picked." The girls were good but they were not fairy tails strongest.

"Still, its fun to watch. You might get onto one of the teams." Resa said glancing back at him before the girls paused as he handed them each some gold. Not for the first time they glanced at each other. another gift? Dusty was probably the most uncertain of what to do with is as she needed for little. But she said a quite thank you and carefully tucked it away while Resa looked it over with some wounder.

"Uh... thanks." Amil wasn't sure how else to take it. it be rude to refuse but she honestly wasn't used to people just giving her things. "I'll save it for a rainy day." She assured him as she tucked it away while Resa didn't seem so inclined and continued to look it over as they walked.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"I wouldn't dream of competing without you. You helped me, so I help you. Fair is fair. I guess we'll just have to take on deadly and dangerous quests, like slaying dragons, or beholders,you have beholders here, right? Basically floating eye with teeth and tentacles that end in more eyes? Powerful magic? Inflated sense of self?" He questions. "Just find me the most difficult beasts, and I'll put a swift end to them, and then we all get the fame for it." He pats Rena reassuringly on her shoulder.

"I noticed all of your spells have themes, and that is nice, but I do not operate on such principles. You ever hear the phrase, 'variety is the spice of life?' I live that out. You see, wizards, in my realm, only have two limitations on their spells. One, is your spellbooks, Basically, how I learn spells, I, through some practice, also copy it into my book, this binds the spell to me, so I can prepare it whenever I prepare my spells, which is when I get up. That is the other limitation. Basically ,I spend time studying my books, and it puts them fresh in my mind, effectively memorizing them. I can only do a relatively small number of these, but my options...Every wizard I have defeated, I take their spellbook, and I copy their spells. Currently, I can honestly say I do not know the number of spells I 'know'. But as long as I am made aware of the situation, I can essentially be prepared for anything. So just point me in the right direction and set me loose, or I can hang back and support you, or I can call forth an army of skeletons or daemons or devils or other such creatures and then they fight for us."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Amil glanced back at him. "Its not really about popularity or fame." she said before putting her hands behind her head once more. "I'm okay with not competing so long as those who are cream twilightogar." she said and shrugged.

Resa smiled up at him. "It be fun, but I know I'm not as strong as the others." she said though did not seem at all put off by it. Dust didn't say anything as Samuel started up again.

"That's interesting." Resa said with some awe. "Wizards can learn all kinds of spell, there are plenty of wizards who have a variety of spells like our our 3rd, 6th and 8th guild master. Makarov. He specilized in Giant magic but he also can use fire, light, wind, ice, requip and loads of other magic." She said.

"But he's also one of the 10 wizard saints." Dusty murmured. "A powerful wizard on his own. Powerful wizards are known for dabbling in many kinds of magic."

Amil gently kicked a stone up, catching it on her foot and tossing it up where she caught it. "Requip magic would be handy to learn, Bisca and Erza are the strongest two in the guild with." She said but she sounded a tad wistful but kept walking.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"I'll make sure to keep that in mind." He says. "So, tell me about the political scene. Is this city a monarchy, oligarchy, magocracy? Any wars I should know about? Paramilitary work is a great way to earn gold and renown among a country, though it does tie you to their fate." He continues, thoughtfully. "Thou it can lead to gaining political power as a noble, or even lead to a royal marriage. But playing the great game of thrones is not for everyone. It is a deadly serious game, where you either win or you die. There are no half-measures."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Eh.. Politics?" Amil murmured thoughtfully. "I don't really pay attention." She admitted. "But currently its a monarchy, we have a queen. She's a celestial wizard. She's the head of the government which is broken up into smaller parts to deal with the everyday workings of the kingdom. The part we deal with the most is the magic council." She said and shrugged. "As for wars.... Amil trailed off."

"Fiore is not currently at war with anyone." Dusty picked up. "but the Alvarez Empire is a heavy concern for us. They invaded years ago but were stopped by the magic councils weapons." She murmured. "The most pressing concern are the dark guilds, mostly Tartaros."

Resa shuddered a bit. but Amil scoffed. "Tartaros has to be a myth of a dark guild, there has been no sign of them for years and the other two ruling dark guilds were wiped out by Fairy tail a few years ago."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." He says. "In my experience, unless proof is provided of someone's death, there is no reason to believe they are dead. If these 'dark guilds' are around, pushing their existence as myth and story is very wise. I mean, of course the wisest course of action is to not be talked about at all, but, failing that, getting everyone to think you are just a story means no one will be on the lookout for you." He says, shrugging. "At least, that's what I'd do." He continues.

"So, this 'apartment' of yours. I do get my own bedroom, correct? As much as I would enjoy sharing a room with a lovely young lady, being myself a man and all, I do not think it would be very proper, now, would it?"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345