Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Fairy tails. (P.K. X CF)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Serious Fairy tails. (P.K. X CF)

Amil glanced down glanced at the paper once more. "Well, this is the right place." She said looking over the mountain side. "So we just need to find a Blizzardvern and get a few scales."
    "Intact scales." Dusty murmured from behind her scarf.
    "Of coarse." Amil said folding the paper and tucking it back into her pocket. She glanced back at Resa who was rubbing her arms. "We haven't even gotten to the snow yet."
    "I know." Resa grumbled. "But just thinking about all that snow and ice makes me cold!" Sighing Amil took off her coat and handed it to Rese.
    "Here, this should help keep you warmer if you tuck it over your coat, I'll be fine." she said before she started to head up the mountain.

The climb was arguably the hardest part, scaling sheer drops, climbing over rocks and slipping on snow. But eventually they made it to an Plato, with a wide cave opening.
    "Amil, have you ever seen a Blizzardvern?" Resa asked quietly from behind her friend as they peered into the darkness beyond the opening.
    "In pictures." Amil responded quietly. "They can't be... to much different then that."
    "I'll go look." Dusty said striding into the darkness before anyone else could protest. The two girls outside held their breaths, for a while the only sound that could be heard was the whistle of the cold breeze, and the pounding of their hearts.
    Suddenly a roar echoed from deep inside the cave, a rush of wind blasting out of the cave. A flurry of dark particles scattered across the white snow followed by a small glowing orb. a moment more and a Giant head and neck appeared from the cavern.
    "I think I made it mad." Dusty said as her form collected around the orb in her gray persona.
    "Ya think?!" Amil yelled pushing Resa one way as she dodged the other way as the creature lunged. "We just needed a few scales! we didn't need to fight the thing!"
    "I tried." Dusty's monotone response was barely heard over the snarl of the angry monsters. "It woke up."
    "Oh, Great." Amil muttered pushing herself to her feet as her hands lit up in fire. "How are we going to get the scales now." could they loosen a few? but if they beat this thing up some of the scales might crack, that was no good.
    "Resa! I need you to contain this thing!"
    "Right!" Resa pushed herself to her feet, spreading her hands wide. "Monster slayer Secret art! Slime prison!" Around the giant monsters squishy, rubbery green prison formed keeping it in place, at least momentarily. It roared in aggravation as Amil started to move to the side. "Dusty! Find lose scales!" Dusty dispersed , ash swirling around the monster as it struggled.
    "Uh, Amil! Hurry!"
    Dusty reformed but before she could inform them of weather or not she'd found any lose scales the beast roared and the Slime prison burst into a million pieces like green shards of glass. the beast flailed, scattering frozen slime bits everywhere. A tail struck Dusty, scattering her ash form into the breeze, Its head swung around slamming into Resa and sending her hurling over the edge.
    "RESA!" Amil tried to rush after the green haired girl as she vanished over the edge with a surprised cry but they Blizzardvern blocked her path, turning to her with another roar before lunging at her.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

There is a loud crack, like thunder, and the veil of reality splits apart as a portal opens up, with the word, "Dracarys!", like a spell incantation and a man, tll, bulky, nd with a long beard in a red robe dripping with some sort of slime all over him. He seems unaware of the chaos surrounding him, or just unconcerned. "Well, that wasn't supposed to happen. That was when he saw the monster and the...he assumed adventurers fighting it, or rather trying to. He pulls out a wand and gestures to the big beast, and says a word none of the heroes can understand then...poof, its gone.

"Can one of you tell me where in the nine hells I am, and what is that thing?"

---------------

Spells used

Banshment - https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Banishment#content

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dusty reformed, even her pale features which were normally emotionless seemed surprised. Amil only paused for a moment as she stared at the place the Blizzardvern had been sitting. There went their payment. She snapped back to reality as a new voice bit into her thoughts. "DUSTY!" Amil turned to the dust spirit. "Find Resa!" Dusty blinked at her before she moved off to the edge and vanish over the edge. Amil turned to the man and studied him. What had just happened? and how did he get here? "Your on Mt. Hakobe." She said finely. "What did you do to that Blizzardvern?" She demanded glancing over her shoulder once, feeling her concern for Resa growing.

Resa had managed to cacoon herself in her slime, protecting her from the fall, but she was cold and shaken as Dusty reformed near her and carefully helped her to her feet.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"I have no idea where that is. Where in Faerun is this...Mt. Hakobe? And as for the beast? Its temporarily banished to another plane of existence. So I'd suggest you flee while you can, you didn't look like you were doing too well fighting it. If I hadn't come along, you'd all probably be dead, so, in a way, you owe me your lives. You can thank me whenever for saving you, and perhaps also buy me an ale in the nearest town. Unless you're too poor that is." he says, smugly. So, what are your names, so I know who is in my debt."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Amil's face took on a sour expression as he continued. "First of all its Fiore not Faerun." She corrected. "Secondly, we didn't ask for your help. Thirdly If you have no idea where you are simply by the presence of this mountain, Its not us who needs help, its you." She scoffed. and looked over her shoulder as Resa and Dusty climbed over the edge of the once more, and approached to her side.

"I'm sorry Amil." Resa said but Amil shook her head, giving the short Green haired girl a hug. "I'm just glad your alright." she said finely. "Did we get the scales?" Resa asked. "Not yet." amil said.

Dusty stared at the wizard, nothing showing beyond her scarf that covered the lower half of her face. "He could be from another guild." She murmured. "Or another continent."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Hmm, wel, I did get sucked through a tear in the veil, so I may not even be on Faerun anymore. I could be on another uncharted and unknown world." He muses, stroking his long, well maintained bear as slime continues to drip off his robe. "Fascinating, truly I will have to do research."

He laughs at Amil's response. "Well, asking or no, you looked like you needed it, and I needed answers. I could just bring it back and let you handle it or...I could give you a rare demonstration of the incredible power I possess. I wager I can kill this beast with one single, solitary spell."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Interesting." Dusty murmured.

"Were not here to kill it!" Resa chimed in her eyes widening as he said he could kill it. "We don't want to kill it. We only need a few of its scales." They had no reason to kill the creature the client had just requested scales and that's all they needed, there was no reason to kill it.

"We can take care of it ourselves." Amil said looking from Resa to the strange wizard. "I don't need a demonstration of anyone's power." She said crossing her arms. if he could bring it back.. then at least they could finish the quest. ... and she had a new plan.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Alright then, the spells about to end." He walks a good distance away with arms crossed and watches as the beast suddenly pops back into reality and completes its lunge. "Just cry out for help if you change your mind. He pulls out and lights a cigar, while also taking out a rune carved mug which at a command fills with liquid and he alternates between sipping and puffing, while sitting on a rock, watching intently.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Amil pushed Resa aside once again as the beast lunged. She caught its jaws in her hands sliding back a few feet as one of its teeth dug into her palm, blood leaking out as she held her ground with a growl. Damn him. "Dusty!" She gasped. "Asphyxiation, Don't kill it!" Dusty who has simply stepped back as the beast had lunged simply nodded at Emil's command she burst into a cloud of ash and swirled into the monsters mouth as Amil held it open.

The beast jerked away sending Amil rolling across the cold hard ground She slid to a stop digging her hand into the snow leaving a small blood trail. "Resa! hold that thing!" Resa once again held her hands out. "Monster slayer secret art! Slime prison!" Once again a green springy prison formed around the flailing beast as it struggled to breath, the prison keeping it from flailing to much and hurting itself and them, the jelly like substance cushioning its Limbering body. A moment more and it had gone limp its breathing horse as Dusty reformed just beside it. "I've marked the lose scales." Dusty said quietly. "It will only take a moment for it to regain itself. I suggest we hurry."

"Sorry." Resa said gently petting the monsters nose. "Its only for a moment." she said before moving around to tug on the marked scales. "Careful, don't brake them." Amil said pulling free one scale. Dusty pulled free another and looked over it quietly. Amil glanced at the wizard holding two scales in her good hand. "We're not as helpless as you think."

"Got them!" Resa said holding two scales of her own as she joined Amil. "We should go, he'll wake back up soon." she said before touching the slime which was freezing over again, it dissolved after a moment till there wasn't anything left.
    "I'm ready." Dusty said quietly now holding two scales herself. "Your hurt." She pointed out in that monotone voice.
    "Its not to bad, we can take care of it once we are at a safe distance." she said. "Lets go." She said not giving the wizard another glance, she already disliked the guy.

Resa on the other hand looked back at him giving a little wave. "If your really lost, were going to head back to Magnolia! you could tag along, maybe you'll get unlost." she said before she started after Amil Followed by dusty.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"All that for a few scales?" He says getting up and following them. "I must admire your dedication, but I find your sense of mercy a bit naive. But I guess ones as young s you can be forgiven for naivete." He says with a shrug. "If you want to get back to the town faster, I can help." He touches each of them with his wand and then himself, saying words that they cannot understand, and they feel...light.

"I have transfigured you with the power of flight. Think up and you will go up, down, and you will go down, forward, back, its not that hard." As an example, he floats up thirty feet. "It won't tire you like walking will. We should make good time, but remember, the spell lasts only ten minutes. We should be able to go about two miles before it runs out. Lead on." He says, waiting to follow their lead

----Spells used

Fly - https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Fly#content

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast