Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Yes.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default m | song of the bell tower | larson and zoe & spoon_car

[FONT=Book Antiqua]
    the plot:
    Song of the Bell Tower

A melodious cry came from up above, like the sound of a god that had just made his journey from heaven into this dark and cruel world. But instead of spreading glory and blessings, this god spread disease and death.

The Story Line:
    Outcast from the his Town, Brenner Carlyle had to learn how to live life on the road, setting up market stalls here and there as a professional object manipulation sorcerer. But when Mirigold Winferd comes up to steal from Brenner’s stand, desperate and determined, the plague bells are rung. Right when Mirigold almost gets away and amid the chaos, Brenner catches her and demands an explanation. The rest of the story follows the two as they run away from their pasts and try to figure out what is going on. What will happen next?

Characters:

Spoiler: Mirigold Winfred 

Spoiler: Brenner Carlyle 
    Last edited by spoon_car; 01-27-2020 at 02:46 AM.
    Spoiler: Oh, woah. 

[IMG]not yet[/IMG]
    Yeah, no.

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It was just another day for Mirigold, sorting though her things that she had stolen. She assured herself that she needed more stuff and a little stealing would do her some good. She had to make it worth her while.

About four months age, She had sold a bit of her soul to the wrong people in order to have the power to replicate stolen items so if someone caught her stealing she could still get away. She was ripped off and her power only worked every once is a while.

So now she was up on her feet as her father yelled at her to go make herself useful. Nodding her head she had made her way into town. Rumor said that there was a very dark time coming for them, so they had to prepare.

She soon came along to a little store and started to look around, not seeing any workers yet. That was a treat for her, but also boring as ever! She thought so she just continued to look.
    Last edited by Clucky Has Arrived; 11-24-2019 at 03:30 AM.

Yes.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

He was in the back, grabbing a small vial of banshee tears and the discreet box of the essence of Belladonna. Both ingredients he had spent a while to obtain, and some mild conning had been involved in doing just so. Just last month, Brenner had received quite a complex order: A drink for Morphing between species, it had cost the customer a large sum of money, but the Sorcerer had almost magically convinced him the drink had been a great deal. After being threatened to be hanged he escaped barely after being chased out of town by multiple priests.

Brenner pushed back the silk, silver curtain and came up to the front of the market stand, which was just 3 mahogany tables arranged in a ‘U’ shape, observing the few people that had gathered around the merchandise. Most were shady-looking men, shrouded in luxurious capes much like his own. He always had cult members as customers and didn’t mind them poking around, as long as they didn’t try to test any of the products.

The Sorcerer set down the items in this hand next to the simmering cauldron on top of the table to the left, which gave of the smell of sprig onions and spice, and observed the opaque mixture. He then determined that a sprinkle of powdered horse hoof was required, to give the potion a stronger effect, and to leave it a few minutes before anything else was added.

“Young sir,” a proud voice called,
    Brenner spun around, bottle-green robe twirling after him.
    A middle aged man stood haughtily behind the front table, holding an elegantly crafted gold pendant.
    “This charm, have it any magical properties?”
    “Why, yes it has,” He cleared his throat before continuing.
    “Might I warn you, it requires extreme care.”
    “I asked you a question, sir,” The rich man was getting annoyed.
    “That pendant there,” he pointed, “Wards off unwanted presences, be it dead or alive.”
    “Might I ask how much coin?”
    “Well, I’m currently using it to ward off thieves, but it would sell for a cheap 60 shillings.”
    “60 shillings? My lord,”
    “You won’t need your lord when you buy that, you see.”
    There was a brief silence, and Brenner became anxious enough to wonder if he had misstepped.
    “55 Shillings, final offer,”
    “Sold.”
    They shook hands, and the fine-dressed man snapped his fingers. A serf from behind, the man whispered into his ear, and the serf ran off due east.
    “You will get your money tomorrow, since you were lucky enough that I was in the market for another slave today, you see.”
    Brenner nodded, before commenting,
    “I might not be here , so have your serf meet me at Goedmedbridge at midday. Should be to the north of this town,”
    “Fine.”
    The man walked away, clutching the pendent in his swollen hand and the store owner retreated back to his work.

[IMG]not yet[/IMG]
    Yeah, no.

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She listened and looked at the pendant and listens to the offers. Smirking, she walked over to the man with the item. "Sir. Excuse me, I don't feel very well and I think I might pass out." She said to him and tried to tunnle into his arms in attempt the knock the item out of his hand so she could replicate it.

Though, this would be a hard task, as she would have to make sure the man ran for help. At this point it was just about what he did. If he didn't fall for it, she could just steal something else after finding out its value.

Yes.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The large man went red in the face, letting the girl slide down him as she fell. He caught a glimpse of her pale white face as her hand brushed against his new pendant and knocking it out of his hand.
    Flabbergasted, he called out, pointing at random at the crowd that had now formed around the people. Unfortunatly for him, it was an old washerwoman who had just realised the situation,
    “You there, peasant!”
    The woman coughed,
    “GET A MEDIC, COMMONER”
    “I will not serve a Lord of Drusit, you idiot, besides, she probably has the...plague.”
    As her voice got quieter, and more shaky, the crowd went silent and the Lord went purple. He started backing away, completely forgetting that the now-in-the-dirt girl had took his pendant.
    “I am Lord Eudon Rufus deDrusit, and I will make your life so miserable, hag that you will-“
    “Beg my pardon, Eudon, but I’m afraid that you should be on your way home, perhaps?”
    A young man had pushed his way through the crowd, brown eyes sparkling yet dire, steering clear of the possibly plague ridden girl.
    “You see, If she has...the plague, you might want to seek a medic yourself.”
    That was when the crowd went berserk, people running this way and that, children screaming and men crying. The lord got lost in the chaos, but the young man found his way to the girl on the ground and stood over her, contemplating whether or not to take her to his stand.

But when the plague bells rang, he knew that a confirmed case of plague had been announced, and started to turn around when a glimpse of gold caught his eye. The pendant was clutched in the girl’s hand as she started to rise, she glanced at him, a smirk painted across her face, and started to run.

Frustrated, Brenner ran after her, weaving through the crowd. Alas, he had enough, and raised his arms and people ran around. He called deep inside, and a flicker of his surroundings came up as a mental image, each object producing a illuminous aura. Time slowed down as he absorbed the aura of the crate next to him, and he flung he aura right above where the thief would be running. Brenner let go, and watched the crate fly over to the girl, hover over her head for a few seconds, before trapping her inside of it. He heard a muffled scream for inside of it as he lifted the crate again, moving it over to his stand and letting it land gently behind the silk curtain.

By now, the streets were deserted, and no soul was in sight.

[IMG]not yet[/IMG]
    Yeah, no.

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The girl gasped as she was trapped and looked as the man had gotten her unstuck. She was hurt though, a huge gash in her arm where the crate had hit her. She hadn't expected to get caught and knew this was it for her. Her father would be so disappointed when he would get the call to come bust her out.

She gave a small smile and then gave a weak laugh. "Look, I'm kinda in a rough patch, so that is why I took your item." She said softly and then looked as blood ran down her arm. "A plague? When did that manner get issued?" She asked, trying to change the subject off of her.

Yes.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“There has been some gaggle about suspected neighbours, but honestly, I personally never believed it,” He commented.

The boy stood in a relaxed position, left hand on hip, right hand on the wooden pole keeping the tent aloft. He had a nonchalant look over his face, a mask for stressful situations. In truth, his heart has pumping and blood boiling, but he channeled them into a deep chamber, never to see sunlight. Those emotions came back in his dreams, forcing him to wake up in fits, but if he didn’t sleep, he didn’t need to worry about them.

His dark green cloak draped over his slender figure, and he gave a shrug as the girl gave him one of those ‘raised eyebrow’ looks.
    Brenner’s eyes narrowed and darkened, running over the gash at her arm.

“Did I do that? Terrible apologies, Ma’am.”

He swirled around, and observed the shelves behind him. They were in a dull silver tent, embroidered walls swaying in the wind. There was no sound apart from the cackle of the dying fire. With a snap, the sorcerer flung a sprinkle of tinder with his power onto the embers, and the flame brought a homely warmth and a warm light to the darkened tent.

Brenner had his back turned to the girl, trusting her to stay put. At the same time, he was scrambling over the shadowed shelves for any healing things. But unfortunately, none were to be found. With the plague fear, business had been good, and he was all sold out on any instant health related charms. Sighing, he tried searching the bottom shelves to no avail.

“So, I didn’t get your name, mind if you tell me?”

[IMG]not yet[/IMG]
    Yeah, no.

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She frowned a bit and then watched him look around. "So you are just going to let me bleed to death?" She asked him in a slightly annoyed tone before she looked for anything to press on it.

When he asked for her name, she laughed. "You really think that I'm going to tell you my name just for you to go blab it to the cops?" She asked him and then started to walk over to him. "What are you looking for?"

Yes.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

He gave a short chuckle, surprised at how toughened this girl was.
    “Actually, yes, I do expect you to give me your name, but not for that purpose.”

He tapped his fingers on the shelf he had just searched and turned around. She was now standing up, and he got a good observation of her. She was short, and he had to look down at her, but she had a dominant presence around her. Brenner held her gaze, raising an eyebrow and smirking.

“Anyways, whatever I was looking for is long gone now,”
    There was a pause.
    “What you took, however, is currently in your hands. And obviously not working. Could I have it back?”

[IMG]not yet[/IMG]
    Yeah, no.

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She crossed her arms and listened to him before shoving it into her bra. "If you want it, you'll have to get it yourself or you could pay me money for it." She said and then sighed. "My name is Mirigold." She told the man. "Now who are you?"

She frowned a bit before she saw a cloth and picked it up. She started to wrap it around her arm and then thought for a moment. "If there is a plague I probably shouldn't be wrapping this dirty cloth around my wound."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast