Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Fantasy The Wheel of Time: The Throne of the Dragon [OOC]

Dead Thread
    The Wheel of Time

It has been nearly three generations since Rand, The Dragon Reborn had passed away. His heirs taking his throne and ruling in his stead. And now, five heirs remain after much debate, playing at the great game, and not much else, bickering amongst themselves who will take the empty throne.
    Ziana was the last daughter heir for the Dragon’s throne to remain. Her four brothers are in competition for the throne as well, only two of them can channel and only one is any challenge for her, and could probably beat her after a drawn-out match of wills.
    One of her brothers is certainly scheming in the shadows, waiting for the best chance to take the throne while appearing to be neutral in this whole thing. Another one probably coming up with some new invention to help take the throne by force if needed. And the last probably coming up with a dozen strategies and alternate plans for numorouse combat outcomes if this petty squabble for the throne turned into a war.
    Ziana walked over to the big window overlooking the courtyard where soldiers in half-plate marched in practiced order, rifles to their sides. An officer strode down a line of soldiers as he inspected them with a near stone face.
    She sighed. It was all too likely that this whole squabble would turn bloody sooner or later. But when? And how? Too many things were unknown to her at present to be sure how this was going to end.

In this age, and timeline, The dark one has been torn to pieces but has managed to retain some form of life or power. Some of the forsaken still roam the shadows.
    A small handful of men who can channel still go mad, after a few years, if they do not get proper training from the black tower.
    A notable man named Arther Vinc managed to make the first firearm after leaving the Illuminators and fleeing to the protection of Aildenar. This brought about the first matchlock muskets which were later improved upon to become wheel-lock rifles.
    Aildenar has strung up on top of the now buried ruins of Shadar Logoth and is a small, friendly nation that accepts anyone who looks for peace and protection.
    The Far Dareis Mai has caught on in Cairhien and has brought forth a guild of female riflemen fighters. An organization that has managed to yield some remarkable snipers over time.
    Five heirs remain at odds on the matter of who takes the throne of the Dragon. Ziana is the only woman Aies Sedai while two of her brothers can channel and the last two have some other power in inventions and games.
    Manatheren, and the two towers, refuse to get involved in world affairs, especially when it comes to the struggle for the Dragon’s throne. Although Manatheren does give some silent support to Ziana, there is little else they do.
    The other countries have decided to back one or another heir to the throne. Andor and Manatheren both support Ziana while the others seem to have their own opinions on who should take the throne.
    Tension is rising over this whole throne ordeal and many fear it will come to war.

Spoiler: The heirs of the Dragon 

Spoiler: rules 

Spoiler: characters 

have fun.

Spoiler: Notible NPCs 

Spoiler: Important story updates 
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 04-07-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Character Sheet is basically done

Name: al'Cahallan Besklavren, Second Blade of Malkier, Dai'Shan, Son of the Iron Tiger, Wolf-Warder, Long Tooth.
    Common abbreviations of his given name are: Cahal, Cal
    Home Country: Malkier
    Powers: Wolf Brother, Gaidin
    Description: Raised and reared in the unforgiving Blightborder, Cahallan is as iron. The weaknesses and imperfections perceived by his mentors have been beaten from his flesh, spirit, and mind. His body has been tempered since he could palm a sword hilt, honed into a weapon for the Golden Crane.

Cahallan stands solid with a tiger's build; a little over six feet tall, bearing a strong jaw, broad chest and shoulders, and sinuous limbs of steel cable. His complexion is fair, though bronzed by biting winds and clawing sun. Pale streaks are drawn by the scar that crawls along the left side of his face. Cahal's eyes are as beaten gold, keen and predatory like wolf's. Like other Malkieri who have passed their rites, Cahal's dark mane is tied back by his hadori, a shoulder-length tail of Cahal's hair bound and draped over the leather band at the crown of his head. Many have described his expression as one carved from granite – hard and stolid, cracking only for those he has come to trust.

If one ever has the opportunity, observe Cahal as he crosses a courtyard or patrols the ramparts of his home; he doesn't walk as much as prowl. Broad shoulders set, head slightly lowered like a stalking cat, hands hovering a twitch away from the grip of sword or dagger. With soft but sure footsteps, one might see that the young man is rarely flat-footed - always poised on the balls of his feet in the anticipation of sudden violence. Cahal's gaze is constantly searching, subtle movements to scan an environment, lending to his ever-poised demeanor. Despite such a predatory and austere bearing, Cahal is known to partake in the pleasures of life when the urge strikes him. A stout drink and good company does the soul good, no matter who someone thinks they are. Particularly, Cahal has a deep love and appreciation of the arts, and can be a common sight at statuary gardens and galleries.

Since he set out from Malkier, Cahal hasn't changed much from his usual Borderlander garb; oatmeal linen tunic with a high collar, dark two-tone saddle trousers, and well-worn boots. Favoring ease of movement, the extent of Cahallan's armor is a typical Malkieri banded cuirass and vambraces. For as much protection against elements as nicks and scrapes, wears his cavalry frock. As can be expected, the color-shifting cloak of a Warder is draped over Cahal's shoulders.

Spoiler: Image 

Cahallan's noble and trusted steed, Marcador is a brute of a horse, standing at nearly 16 hands and built for crashing through battle lines of man and trolloc alike. Descended from Mandarb and the fierce Altaii horses, Marcador is fiercely loyal to Cahal and as much a weapon as the carbine holstered in his saddle and loathe to let anyone close without Cahal's expressed permission. Devilishly intelligent and petulant, Marcador has a tendency to bite. If he likes you, Marcador will probably steal a hat or cloak off of you.
    (Marcador, "hammer" in the Old Tongue)

Short Bio: Like many Malkieri who have hailed from militant heritage, Cahallan hasn't known a full household. He was a boy who had no father figure in his own home, needing to find one elsewhere during his drills. From sunrise to sunset, Cahal would dance the sword-dance of the Borderlanders with his masters and peers. When he returned home, his mother would test her son on what he had learned. If Cahal could last in a spar against his veteran mother until the Towers sounded the evening bells, he would be permitted to partake in dinner.

More often than not, Cahal would go to bed hungry during his squiring and apprenticing days. Sometimes the gnawing in his belly would grow unbearable, and young Cahal would slink from his bed chambers to search for food. Early on, he had learned not to steal food from others, as both his mother and his masters punished him in kind for such dishonorable conduct. Instead, the lad would scrounge the shadow-steeped alleys and deadly wilds for a meal. While he cursed the circumstance, each hungry night of hunting and foraging was a lesson.

Seasons waxed and waned, and Cahallan sprouted as young things do. The gangling limbs of youth swelled with the strength of lions, the softness of childhood melting away with each winter until stone and steel was all that remained. He earned his sword at fourteen, joining patrols beyond the Blightborder as a scout. At seventeen, he earned his hadori. To this day, he remembers fondly the proud and glowing smile of his otherwise imperious mother, knowing that her oath to her nation had been fulfilled.

What circumstance brought him to the White Tower, then, is a curiosity to the outsider. The Malkieri typically keep to themselves, but alas, Cahal holds residence in Tar Valon as a member of the Gaidin corps.
    Last edited by StormWolf; 01-19-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Spoiler: Jin Vizear (GM PC) 
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 01-18-2020 at 11:23 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

well then
    since there are two people here
    maybe we can plan a little on how things get started
    or, at least, how everyone meets
    or maybe just the 2, since they're the only ones posted RN

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Spoiler: Siofra The green wolf 

Spoiler: Senay the yellow sister 
    Last edited by P.K.; 01-19-2020 at 11:02 PM.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

anyone object to my character having some reason to be at the white tower?
    everyone else seems to be there right so far.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

If DNA joins I don't think he'll be near the tower?
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

hmmm
    then I shall wait

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I'll make the IC
    and anyone in the white tower may begin as soon as it's posted

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

The IC is up
    just click the big "Wheel of time" and it should take you straight to it

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast