Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round One [Assassin-vs-Paladin]-Judge Kris

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

RedKayne been given an extension until the end of Saturday.

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Now there's a bloody disappointment...

The vampiress used her impressive agility to dodge the Steel’s improvised attack. The shield soared through the air and surprisingly pierced into the stone wall, shaking violently from the impact. He half-expected the shield to ricochet instead. Regardless, his eyes narrowed at the sight. He previously considered all potential factors and was confident the attack would've struck. It was point-blank range, the shield was a large projectile, and the direct sunlight in the room should've significantly slowed the undead creature. However, she displayed lightning-quick reflexes as if she wasn’t hindered at all. Which only meant one thing, she's a pureblooded abomination.

Brutus reverted his focus in midflight as the ground rapidly approached. He angled his torso approximately forty-five degrees counterclockwise and tucked in his neck. He held out his right arm in an L-shaped position to brace for impact and rolled his right shoulder outward, which collided against the red carpet. He used the forward momentum to roll from his shoulder to the opposite hip, which minimized the floor’s contact with his spine. Once the heels of his greaves met the ground, he straightened his legs to not-so-gracefully stand back up.

He found himself heavily breathing after the intense acrobatic maneuver, which started to strain his grizzled figure. He felt sweat drip down from his forehead and his body’s core temperature rose from within the heavy armor. His heart palpitated against his chest and his right shoulder ached from the initial impact of the roll. He certainly wasn’t in his prime fighting shape. However, the fight wasn't over and he still had a death sentence to carry out.

He escaped from the stone idols near the winged piano and was outside of their grasp. However, as he stood back up, he directly faced a larger animated statue that stared him down with glowing red eyes. The sculpture, made of white marble, was shaped like a bald humanoid male yet lacked arms. The masonry work neglected to add the extra limbs and instead only left two smooth stumps. The stonework appeared to be hostile with an animated scowl, but it simply stood there and didn’t move to assault the Paladin.

“Well, aren’t you just a sad-ass piece of work,” Brutus straightened his posture and grasped the hilt of his mace with his right hand. He stared down at the creature and carefully watched for any sudden signs of movement. Instead, the Steel initiated the altercation and swung the flanged mace across the statue’s skull. The metallic head smashed against the side of the figure's face and completely obliterated the cranium, which caused an explosion of white fragments across the aisle.

Brutus nearly gloated over his destructive work, but that smile quickly disappeared as a flying book smacked against the inside of his wrist. There wasn’t any pain and his gauntlet protected him from the minor impact, but there was just enough force to cause his hand's grip to slacken. The blunted weapon fell from his grasp and then several scrolls darted to the mace, practically like vultures seeking to devour their prey. The parchments quickly wrapped around the rod tightly before they dashed away from the Paladin. Brutus was taken aback as the mace disappeared between the bookshelves and the library took a small form of vengeance.

Weaponless and defenseless. The Steel was certainly placed in a disadvantageous position against his opponent, who was still out of sight and looking for an opportune moment to ambush the warrior. However, Brutus simply cursed under his breath before he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. The Paladin upheld his composure and was self-aware that any forms of anger would impair his combat skills. Besides, he was still completely confident that his battle prowess will enable him to achieve victory.

That leech keeps dodging my attacks with that annoying speed of hers, his lips curled into another devious smirk. I know of a simple tactic, I'll just make sure she doesn’t dodge my next attack.

After his roll, Brutus found himself near his original position at the beginning of the bout. The collapsed bookshelf was only a few steps to his left. He noticed there were several splinters and stakes of wood lying around his feet. He glanced behind to take notice that the sunlight gradually became more intense with the rising sun. He hoped it would further weaken the vampiress, but based upon her impressive agility, he should still expect the unexpected.

Brutus sauntered towards the end of the room and then turned around, placing his back against the stone wall. The assassin sought to backstab the Steel but he wouldn’t allow the creature to attain another advantage in this combat. She could still attempt to throw daggers at him, but Brutus can witness the attacks. Even though he isn't the most agile person, he can still - at the very least - dodge the most fatal of injuries. Therefore, the assassin's best chances of victory would be close-quarter combat with the unarmed Paladin.

“C’mon you bloodsucking piece of shit, where ya out?” Brutus bellowed at the top of his lungs. Several books fluttered in the area and the animated statues idly watched the Paladin, however, they displayed no immediate threats. His eyes scanned across all possible angles where the vampiress would appear, he checked the gaps between the furniture and he cautiously watched for any shadows from above the shelves. In this position, despite being completely vulnerable, Brutus was forcing the vampiress to perform a frontal assault.

“What’s the matter, lassie? Getting cold feet again?” he taunted. “You haven’t even attacked me once, it’s pathetic.” Throughout this entire fight, Brutus took notice she only attacked the scroll and scrambled to elude his attacks. She has yet to be on the offensive, therefore Brutus intended to force the woman out of her comfort zone. He could imagine that the abomination would gain a false sense of bravado considering he had no means to defend himself, but the Steel wasn’t hesitant to engage in a brutal fistfight.

“You know what? I bet you won’t make a move,” his insidious smile broadened. “You lack the conviction to kill me. I expected an undead abomination to be more bloodthirsty and ready to tear out my throat, but you have only run away like a coward. I saw pride in those monstrous eyes earlier, the pride of being undead. But you are nothing. You are nothing but a curse to our world of the living.”
    Last edited by RedKayne; 02-15-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Breggo has been given an extension until the end of Friday.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Sadly because of a withdraw, this battle cannot be judged.

RedKayne (Paladin) moves on to the next round

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12