Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poseidon's Wrath : A 7th Sea Story [OOC]

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

oh god, so matchlock? I could have sworn in one of the pics I saw a flintlock pistol

Spoiler: Things I like 

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Your average production artist won't know the difference. I would imagine wheel-lock or Flintlock, given the general period of inspiration.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

whew good

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I LIVE!!!! Koti, awesome character

In regards to guns, please follow what Koti said. This is a time of swashbuckling adventure and magic.

Little ball of fire
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

For more history and content on all of Theah, click here.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

oh no I'm fine with using swords.

I just didn't want to be the only guy doing this:

while everyone was being 'realistic'

Little ball of fire
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I was going to be using swords Although, I think I may have been a bit too harsh with guns. I am not an expert in different muskets/pistols/firearms but where I stand is:

1. Guns are expensive to obtain, maintain and gunpowder can go bad at sea so basically guns are still expensive
    2. Guns aren't the most accurate - frankly, they are very much not but if you do manage to shoot, they are pretty awesome
    3. Reloading may take time so account for that

Otherwise, I am open to guns and gunfights and the whole shebang

Little ball of fire
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Introducing........

Captain Drake Ryder

Name: Andreas “Drake Ryder” Kousai
    Homeland: Numa, island of Kousai
    Typical role within party: Captain of the ship, typical rogue

Special skills: Agoge Warrior*
    Strengths:
    • His training made him resilient and extremely persistant. Once he sets his mind to something, he will move mountains and stop hurricanes to achieve it
    • Sailing is his passion - born in an island nation and having the God of the Sea as his patron, he has become an extremely skilled sailor and risks navigating routes others may shy away from
    • Brought up as a Lakedaimon Agoge warrior, Andreas has specialized in the sword although he has some proficiency with the spear and the bow. Nonetheless, his prefered weapons are a curved blade sword and a long dagger in his off hand.

Weaknesses:
    • His search for glory, his reputation and his boastfulness often get him into trouble
    • It is hard for him to face problems that he cannot solve and his usual response is to pretend they do not exist
    • Andreas gets easily bored and fidgety - standing watch or doing a mundane yet important tasks induce the high risk of failure as he will most probably join the main action anyway

Description : Andreas is as typical as Numa people get - which is to say that anyone in Theah could be a typical Numanari. Standing at a solid 6’1 with a toned body that is covered in a thick bronze tan after years at sea, it is impossible to say just how pale his skin was to begin with. Chocolate brown hair that has been bleached by the sun to be a wide array of colors reaches up to his shoulders, usually lose around his face but tied back into a small ponytail for fights or other missions. A straight nose and set chin are typical of native Kousai. He has hazel green eyes framed in long eyelashes and thin lips that curl up into a smirk or smolder as easily as the wind changes directions. Always sporting a stubble, Andreas has a tattoo etched onto the inner side of his left forearm depicting the symbols of his patron god Salacio - the trident, dolphin and ferryman staff wrapped in the god’s motto.

Young and adventurous, Andreas embraces life and danger, all to feed his kleos, his Light of Numa. Confident and charming, he is a natural leader who nonetheless prefers a less direct approach to solving problems. Focused on glory and ready to prove to all that he is the best smuggler and sailor around, it can sometimes be his curse, making him arrogant and overconfident. Much like most Numanari, he puts up a boastful bravado before his comrades and those he doesn’t know. Andreas has a bad tendency to push away problems and run away, letting them catch up if they can (and they usually do) however, he is loyal to those he fights with and takes care of his crew and friends.

Spoiler: Andreas Kousai 

History: Andreas isn’t one to share much of his past - on his ship, barely anyone knows his true name both in part to his Numenari upbringing that encourages to show a ‘public’ face and a ‘private’ face as well as his own desire to be called Drake. Over the years he had been sailing across the seas, his reputation has become attached to the name “Drake Ryder”....pardon me, Captain Drake Ryder. There are rumours galore about the ambitious and overconfident privateer who is rumored to be able to smuggle anything from Avalon to the New World and back without the Gods being the wisest. Although the rumours amuse Andreas, he is the first to admit to his friends that it is an exaggeration - the gods of the Ocean always know.

Disregarding the most ridiculous tales, Andreas is known to come from Numa and has been sailing since he was sixteen, dedicating his life to his patron god Salacio. Learning the ropes on a merchant ship and eventually becoming a privateer, Andres commandeered El Huracan from pirates five years back, claiming ownership of the vessel and ever since, exploring the coastlines of Theah in search of profit, glory and adventure. Though he does pick up some less than legal deals from time to time, he does so only when there is a set plan - or if he can outrun the competition. A few close calls would curtail any daredevil but Andreas seems to only grow more daring with each mistake he makes. His closest companions worry about him.

Throughout his years at sea, Andreas has refused to return back to Numa. Some say it is because he is an outlaw and would be hanged should he show up on the isles. Others whisper of the broken hearts he left behind and the fathers wanting payback for their daughters’ virtues. Others still claim him to be a demi-god, waiting for the right moment to return to his people. Whatever the reason, the captain of El Huracan refuses to take any job or chase any treasure that will take him home. This particular quirk has given fire to his competition and his reputation is presently on the line as talk has started that he is not as successful as he claims and his luck is about to run out. The key to the 7th Sea is his goal now, a way to prove that he can do what no man or woman can - challenge the gods and uncover ancient mysteries.

Spoiler: Lakedaimon Agoge Concept 

Spoiler: Salacio 

Spoiler: Kleos 
    Last edited by Breggo13; 01-28-2020 at 03:00 AM.

Little ball of fire
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Introducing........

Tamara Samojez Alekseiovna v'Pscovs

Name: Tamara Samojez Alekseiovna v’Pscovs
    Homeland: Samojez, Ussura
    Typical role within party: Scout, surgeon

Special skills: Matushka’s Dar (Mother’s Gift)
    • Transformation - Tundra Swan
    • Regeneration - ability to restore wounds faster
    • Limitation - Kindness

Strengths:[list]
    • In her swan form, Tamara can scout across the sea. She can easily get to high places and sneak into locations otherwise unaccessible.
    • Healing - a natural surgeon, she has spent many years learning from the best once she became a part of the El Huracan, gaining much experience from the previous surgeon and devouring books upon books of knowledge from the Crescent Empire
    • Speaks multiple languages and can be diplomatic as well as her noble background gives her graces able to be present in any court

Weaknesses:
    • Tamara frowns upon smuggling and makes her opinions known. This causes tension between her and the captain, often ending in shouting and anger.
    • Vengefull, Tamara constantly battles between her somewhat spiteful nature and her Dar's limitation of kindness. So far, she has managed to choose the path of kindness, if not forgiveness.
    • Dishonoured at home, Tamara has lost the support of her family and her land. This has limited her gifts, forcing her to rely more on her knowledge than on the blessing of Ussura.

Description: Tamara comes from Samojez, the county of Ussura bordering Eisen and her small town, located on the border has had much influence from their unfriendly neighbours. Her blonde hair and more delicate features are sure signs of that influence over the generations but don’t let that fool you, she is a tried and true Ussurian woman. The green eyes are a sign of Matushka’s Dar, the presence of Ussurian magic in her veins. Tamara keeps her hair in a braid as is her country’s customs and has a pendant around her neck with emerald engraved with her family’s crest. Pale skin that is soft as a snow leopard’s hide and delicate hands that know how to hold a needle with ease, she has a beautiful voice and a long memory.

Able to hold a grudge, Tamara is driven by Matushka’s Dar which teaches her to be kind to all those around her, whether she likes it or not. When you are on her bad side, she will make it known in subtle, almost artistic ways - patch you up she will but there may be some accidental stabbing with a needle in the process. She is very smart and can usually come up with a solution to any problem though she is not much of a fighter. She likes seeing the world in the form of a swan and while she can take on a few other shapes, she never does. Growing up as part of a noble family, she likes fine things and can be appeased by a pair of delicate earrings or a new necklace.

Spoiler: Tamara Samojez Akeseiovna 

History: Tamara was born in Samojez, a small town that bears the same name as the third largest province, away from the mainland. Part of the Pscov boyar family, the girl grew up beautiful and a bit spoiled though she always had a kind heart for animals. At the age of nine, she collided with Matushka while playing with her favorite hound in the snow, receiving her gifts and a prophecy. The old woman warned the girl that her destiny lied far from the snowy shores of Ussura and that only once she accomplished her destiny would she be returned home. At the time, Tamara didn't pay any attention to the words, too excited about the possibility of seeing the world.

Years went by and Tamara grew up to be one of the most beautiful women in Ussura. Her relatives planned on making an alliance with the bastard son of the Czar Ilya and negotiations were almost complete when Tamara decided to voice her opinion. And she was not about to merry Ilya the Terrible, thank you very much. Angered, her father locked her up in her rooms until she smartened up but Tamara was having none of that. Bewildered that someone would decide her fate for her, the young woman turned into a swan and flew off, away from Ussura. She flew until she was exhausted, unable to stop, knowing that the second she lost control on the Gift, she would turn human and pass out from the magic's drainage. Eventually, she landed on board of a schooner, alone in the ocean, passing out the second she hit the wood.

Tamara awoke upon El Huracan, the ship traveling towards Vodacce. At first, the captain refused to allow the young woman to remain but Tamara was able to persuade him, speaking of her talents and seeing the man come up with the possibilities. What Drake Ryder didn't know was that Tamara would never help with a heist if it meant ruining her manicure. Instead, she started to assist the surgeon on board, learning the art of healing and patching up living flesh. A few years ago, her family finally traced her down only to disown her through a violent correspondence. Since then, Tamara has been on El Huracan as the Surgeon and scout. She is one of Captain Drake Ryder's closest comrades.
    Last edited by Breggo13; 01-28-2020 at 05:14 AM.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Is this still a thing?

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast