The previous thread been removed to edit the rules and add into it the Leader Boards. Stay tuned for any further change.
What's This? Writing Prompts?
Writing prompts! If you're unsure what a writing prompt is, it's essentially a word or phrase used to incite or encourage creativity – in this case, specifically for the written word.
Now, if you're wondering what this section is for (and what it's about) then this is the thread for you! If you're not, then this still might be the thread for you! Members here on RPA have been asking for monthly writing competitions for a long time now. We can't do that without taking away from our other competitions (graphics, photography, singing, etc.) but we believe that we've come up with a solution that will please you as well as allow us to continue with our regular programming (so to speak.) Writing prompts!
It's not really a competition, but it is a structured event with progressive rewards. It will be constant and you can come and go as you please. This is to help you become a better writer without the stress of competing with the other participants while still achieving personal goals.
Every month we will post different prompt/s for you to write about. By completing the prompt/s you can win badges and a place on the leader boards.
Keep reading for more information, rules and guidelines.
Happy writing, folks!
Rules, Guidelines, & Information
Welcome to the rules, guidelines, and information section. Because this event has its own sub-forum, it also has its own rules that you need to follow. If you refuse to follow these rules, you will be held accountable the same way that you would be in any other part of the forum.
- First and foremost, all regular RPA rules apply.
- Your entries may be rated M, but they must be spoilered and rated appropriately. Read about how to spoiler your post here.
- Plagiarism is a big no-no – this is to help you grow as a writer, so don't cheat!
- Anybody can take part in this event! Newbies, members, and mods alike!
- This is casual and for fun, but never stop pushing yourself to become better!
- On the first of every month there will be prompt/s, on the case where there will be more than one prompt, each will have its own thread. To enter your piece for a prompt, simply post it in the corresponding thread.
- Feel free to interpret the prompt however you want.
- You may not use a previously written piece, even if it fits the prompt.
- You may create as many pieces as you want for any of the prompts.
- There is a base minimum of 100 words for each prompt.
- You may enter a piece for any prompt, even if it's not from the current month.
- Edit your posts to your heart's content! Make it better, make it longer! Do whatever you want, it's your piece!
- In case it wasn't clear, there is no real deadline unless you go for the badges!
- That's right, there are 4 badges, to get but to earn them you will need to follow these rules!
- All previous rules still apply.
- For your piece to count towards earning a badge, it must have at least 1,000 words.
- Only one entry may count towards earning a badge per prompt. On the case that there will be more than one prompt (aka more than one threads), you will have more chances to increase your eligible enentries, but it will still be could as one for each prompt (or one for each Prompt's thread).
- It must be posted during the current month. Any entries over 1,000 words for a previous month will not count. That means that there is a deadline if you want to earn badges.
- Any edits after the last day of the month to bump the word count over 1,000 will not count towards earning a badge.
- Any edits before the last day of the month to bump the word count over 1,000 will count towards earning a badge.
- Have fun with it! You've got a month to write them!
Leader Board Eligibility
- There are currently two different leader boards. One for badge-eligible entries and another for regular entries.
- To get your name on the regular leader board, you must write at least one entry for any prompt following the above rules.
- You do not receive awards or badges for getting your name on the leader boards, it is simply to show who is active in the prompt section.
If you have any questions, feel free to send them to any staff member.
If the same questions are frequently asked a FAQ will be made for your convenience.
Feel free to talk more about this event here.