Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (IC) Dersei Angels [M]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She took it and read it. It seemed as though she read it 3 times over.

Aunt and Uncle Marv were right, this is a reasonable price all things considered. she thought after she double checked the price. Then she looked up at him.

"How long do you think something like this will take?" she asked as she set it back down. "unless I'm mistaken, this could take years if conditions are right."

She looked at him as intent as ever. Her arms were crossed under her breast as she leaned back in her chair.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, and lots in-betwen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian shrugged as he began re-packing his bag, measuring his words as he spoke them.

"Honestly there is no easy way to tell. Typically the longer after a disappearance you start looking, the longer it takes to find them. Sometimes you can start the next day and never find them. Just as you said, there are many unknowns we're dealing with, and many assumptions made in order to get where we are now, so what will help us get a better understanding is getting more information."

He paused in his packing, fiddling with the velvet bag, opening it to reveal a green, silver, and black seven-set of dice,silently counting them off by touch to himself to ensure none had escaped.

"I understand if you're hesitant about the uncertainty of the timeline. If, at any point during the case, you decide you no longer want or need my services, or can no longer afford my services, we can settle up and if needed, part ways. I'm not anticipating that, but if that was a factor in your hesitancy in signing, I just wanted to reassure you."

He cleared his throat, and resumed putting things away, aside from a pen, his notebook, and of course, the contract.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"so when do we leave then? she asked as she took the paper and neatly put it in her own bag.

There was no way he was going to go without her. This was her family they were talking about. Besides, it would be exciting to be a part of something like this.

are you gonna flinch Dorian? she thought to herself. I'm not letting you leave without me.

She looked at him expectantly, and self assured. This was one thing, if anything, she looked ready to fight over. With words, or with fists.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian stared into the middle distance for a moment, processing what she said, and how she said it. He decided to measure her response, and quickly made a note in his notebook before stowing that as well as the pen.

"Well, once you are in agreement and sign the contract, I'll scan it and get you a copy. Once that business is complete, I make some calls and inquiries, do some follow up, and we see what shakes loose. Once we get a lead, I'll follow it as far as I can, and pass any information I get to you, hopefully leading to your family, and if we're lucky, uncovering exactly what is going on at the Dersei Angels church."

He pulled his wallet from deep in his coat and pulled some bills out to cover the food, being sure to tip generously for their accommodation of his meetings, then stood up, placing his bag on his shoulder, and waited, almost expectantly for her response.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"oh no." she said. "I'll sign it alrigh. But I'm coming with you. Consider it client's orders." didn't sound argumentative, more assertive.

She pulled out a pen from her bag and watched to see what he did.

if you think I'm staying behind, you are mistaken. she thought as her eyes seemed to dare him to say otherwise.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian looked unfazed.

I thought as much... Honestly if I don't keep her with me, she's likely to get into trouble on her own. It might be better this way... Sure... What could go wrong?

"Alright then, I want you fully aware that I don't really support this option, but I am willing to operate with you along as long as it is a manageable arrangement. In the contract it states that I'm not responsible for your well-being if you go against my recommendations. You're an adult and can choose to do what you want, but if you fuck up and die, I'm not to blame. That being said, if you listen to me, follow my lead, and keep things under control, I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. Is that agreeable?"

He quirked an eyebrow, expression neutral. He took this seriously, and she needed to know that. Putting his own life on the line for an investigation is one thing, but someone else's, especially a client who was trusting him...? He wasn't happy with it at all. She was young and had a life ahead of her. If her brashness got her killed or seriously harmed, he didn't think he could live with it, liability or no liability. So if her being by his side instead of going out half-cocked on her own was what kept her safe... Well that'd be worth the hassle... Hopefully...
    Last edited by Nitestrike776; 02-07-2020 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

makes me think of the Ilsma cultists. she though. It was a small memory of fondness.

Her eyes narrowed. If her face could have looked any more serious, it would have. She understood the risks, and barely suppressed a shiver. She had lost characters in her games with her friends on those late Saturday nights. But if she died here, it would be the end. Almost like those 2 attempted robberies she managed to witness. She knocked a guy out on the second one, after she had pulled him over the counter.

"I understand the risks." she said. "if something comes up, it wouldn't be the first time. And I know how to handle myself."

She signed the paper and slid it back over to him. She then put her pen away and grabbed her bag before standing up as well.

"where to first... boss?" she asked, only half teasing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian let a hint of a smile slip through as he took the contract, snapped a picture of it with his phone, and slid it into a separate section of his bag for safekeeping.

Oh she's definitely trouble... Just hope more of it's for who we're after than for me... All the same, it might be nice having someone along for a change. Working through the case with someone might make things easier.

He organized his thoughts then to answer her question.

"First we have to fix our information deficit. We'll make some calls and ask some questions. From there we can get a little more direction for our search."

He adjusted his bag on his shoulder, checked for all of his belongings, and then began walking for the door.

"Oh, and How did you get here? Did you drive or were you dropped off? If we ride together it will save time and keep us from getting separated."
    Last edited by Nitestrike776; 02-07-2020 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She nodded as he said what they were going to do first and adjusted her bag on her shoulder before following.

well, this is going to be exciting, horrifying... and adventure. she thought. it's time to roll the dice.

"I drove myself. but we can drive to my aunt and uncle's to drop off their car first if you like." she said.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian gave a wave and nod to the server at the front counter, receiving one in return. He opened the door and held it for Garana for her to follow him out.

"That would be best. I'll follow behind and start the process of making calls, and fill you in afterward. Then we can continue wherever that leads. Can I get some basic descriptions to ask around about? Races, hair, eye, and skin colors, general height, ages? Anything identifiable would be great."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast