Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: (IC) Dersei Angels [M]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"seems pretty lifeless here." she said. "you sure your floormates weren't taken by the Angels?"
    She just Angels as to shorten the name of 'Dersei Angels.' and she meant it as a joke.

but really. not a lot going on here. she thought.

she followed him to his apartment.
    "so, what else might be a good idea to know." she said out loud. "family is missing, along with who knows how many more. might be the Angels. could be dangerous." she looked back at him. "sorry, I tend to think aloud a lot."
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, and lots in-betwen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian laughed lightly as he sensed the joke.

"Doubtful, they'd have to be here for more than a few days or a week at a time in order to have the chance to be taken. They're mostly business people, staying here temporarily when deals need to be made or company workings looked into, though in all seriousness I suppose it's possible..."

As she asked her next question, he thought for a moment, stopping at his door as he got his keys out.

"Hmmm... That's a good question. I guess we should get whatever information we can dig up, just to arm ourselves with it. I'd like to know general information about them that could give us an idea of what they're up to before we move ahead with anything. Additionally, if there are any other people missing that are tied to the church it gives us more we can be on the lookout for."

He paused as he unlocked his door and pushed it inward, reaching in to turn on a light as he held the door open for her. As the lights slowly dimmed on, they revealed an open living space with a couch, and farther in a dining table, a computer desk, and a kitchen in the corner, with a large window making up the upper part of the wall opposite the door.

"Welcome to my home. Also, as long as it's just us, you can think out loud and do whatever else makes you comfortable. Being comfortable can help you work better, and help us work better together. Just don't go giving out any of our plan away to the bad guys when we're out in the field okay?."

He finished with a smile, and after she entered, he followed inside and closed it behind him and locked it, setting his bag down against the wall to the left, next to the mounted TV, and shedding his leather jacket to rest on top of his bag. He pointed to the door to the room to the right of the entrance, next to the kitchen.

"Bedroom has the only bathroom in here, so feel free to go in to use it whenever. Can I get you anything to drink? Coffee? Tea? Soda? Might have a few beers in the fridge too."

He realized he was going on alot and stopped to wait for a response.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"you got any cream soda?" she asked as she walked in and looked around.

She tried to look out the window, then made herself comfortable on the couch.
    She pulled out her phone and started to look up the Dersai angels to see if there wasn't anything more she could dig up.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Uh no... not one of my usual things I keep on hand... How about a Coke?"

Dorian pulled out a red can and held it up hoping it would suffice.

"Sorry, I can make a run to the store later, or if we get any leads we can stop by while we're out following up on them..."

He realized she might end up being here awhile, he supposed he would have to pick up more than just some cream soda. His fridge was modestly stocked at the best of times as he often had to eat while working and didn't get the luxury of cooking decent meals for himself very often.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She put down her phone as she listened to him.
    "thanks, but... I try to stay away from caffeinated drinks." she said, "I haven't even had a drop of coffee in my life."
    She did try to be polite. He did just offer some of his own stash of food.

"sounds like a good idea." she said. "I'll just see what else I can dig up right now."

She went back to her phone. It was a little bit before she found anything.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Suit yourself."

Dorian shrugged and kept the coke for himself, then walked over to his bag and pulled his laptop out, along with his notebook. He plopped onto the couch next to her and began researching too, pulling up all the information he could up on the Dersei Angels.

He took notes fairly often as he searched, and sipped at his drink until it was eventually drained. After a time closed his laptop and stretched a minute, then reviewed what he had written.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She sat up to give him space, taking screenshots of her own findings as she went along. She later got up to use the restroom, taking her phone with her.

She came back out about the time he closed his laptop. "anything interesting?" she asked as she sat down next to him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian tilted his open notebook to her as he reviewed his notes, not quite successfully stifling a yawn with the back of his hand.

"Take a look..." he said, and sat back so she could lean in and read his scrawling notes across the different pages too.

Every so often he'd underline or circle ideas he thought were key. He focused on attitudes held by practitioners of the religion, what they supported and were against, as well as the mentions of religious ceremonies coinciding with specific days, maybe there was a string there somewhere to follow and tug on...

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She took it after a short moment and continued to read.

"my goodness." she said. She flips the book around and points to where it talks about how you are worth more dead.
    "few things right here. Couldn't this correlate with the rise in suicide? Gosh. I just hope my family hasn't into that thinking just yet."
    She sounded a bit worried.

She flipped it back around and continued to read through his notes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"It very well might be related, but given that your family just went missing recently, they hopefully aren't too caught up in anything. To get any definitive answers, we may have to go see for ourselves, which could be dangerous..."

Dorian held his chin in his hand for a moment, considering how they might approach this potential den of snakes. As much as he wanted to avoid a direct approach, if her family was mixed up in this group and their operations, they may need to act quickly.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast