Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: (IC) Dersei Angels [M]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

The gears seemed to be turning in her head as well. How to do this with as little risk as possible, or how to be most prepared for what might come.

After a moment she finally asked. "is it possible to get some radios, a hidden body camera, and the map or floorplan for the building the angels are using?"
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, and lots in-betwen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian mulled over her questions for a moment.

We can probably find the radios at the very least, a body camera might be difficult, and as for the floorplan, I can look online or perhaps go to a city office and get those. Having my P.I. License should make that a little easier. While they might not have registered an illegal base of operations with the city, it definitely could help us see what is out of place and where to start looking. Good thinking.

He quickly re-opened his laptop and began searching online for places they could procure the needed items, and what the cost would be. He also searched for the floorplans to see if there was anything in a digital format he could find.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"great." she said and then pulled up an image of her family on her phone.
    "I'm coming." she whispered.
    she sighed and stood up with a stretched.
    "what time is it? she asked
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian briefly glanced at the clock in the lower right corner of his screen.

"Nearly 5pm, we've been at this for a few hours, might be time for a break."

He left the tabs of his search open, but closed his laptop and stood up, beginning to stretch as well. He leaned forward, back, and to his sides, stretching his back and shoulders from sitting so long, then he wandered into the kitchen and began setting about to make a new pot of coffee. He set the laptop up again on the counter and resumed the searching as the coffee began to brew.

"We'll probably need to go get some food soon, hungry investigation is often unsuccessful investigation."

He smiled slightly as he bookmarked a few shops that might have the supplies they needed for the investigation, and a potential lead on the building plans.
    Last edited by Nitestrike776; 03-28-2020 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"well, that sounds reasonable." Garana said. "what sounds good?" she seemed to be asking herself as much as him.
    "is there any chinese places around?" she asked. "maybe a place close to the angels where we can watch?"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian used his phone to locate a place with decent reviews and takeout options within a few blocks of the church.

"Looks like I found a place, we can pick the food up and then eat in the car stakeout style, get you another genuine investigator experience, often the hardest to master: waiting for something to happen."

Dorian spoke with a smile, but all jokes aside, it was one of the most crucial and excruciating parts of investigative work. While watching and waiting were difficult, the payout could be immense in information, and potentially life saving depending on the job.

He poured himself a travel cup of the coffee as it finished brewing, shut down and closed his laptop, then grabbed his coat and bag, opting to leave his laptop on the counter as it would be a bit too much to bring in the car, after a moment's consideration he walked into his bedroom for a moment to collect his equipment for self defense, making sure they were stashed but accessible. He also made sure the bracelet that was his focus was still securely fastened on his wrist.

No sense taking chances... He thought, then walked back out into the living room.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"sounds great." she said. "I'm sure it'll be fun."
    she figured that it would be a lot of watching and waiting, they might even take turns. but that would be alright as long as they got what they needed out of it. at least that was her thoughts now.

Garana checked to see if she had remembered to bring any of her pocket knives, of which she managed to grab 4 earlier, one being rather large and made to be handled as a weapon. she decided she would keep that one in a place she could reach quickly.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian opened the door, waiting for Garana to follow before shutting off the lights and closing it behind them. He checked traffic on the route to the restaurant and saw that things had cleared up notably. They should be able to make it to the place in about 15 minutes. At least the food would lessen the feelings of eternal waiting...

He turned to Garana as they arrived at the elevator once again. "We'll order some food, eat slow, and keep our eyes open. With any luck, something of interest will present itself to us by tomorrow."

He smiled slightly as he pushed the button to call the elevator to his floor, knowing that humor and wit would likely be the extent of their entertainment for the next few hours, and hoping that would suffice in staving off the mind-numbing boredom that often accompanied stakeouts.

On the bright side, at least I have company this time...

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"well, my first stakeout." she said. "should be fun." there was a hint of sarcasm since she suspected how it might turn out.
    of course, it'll be a lot of waiting. but something was bound to happen. she was sure of it.

She stood there as the elevator lowered. and then she followed him to the car and climbed up front.
    getting buckled in, she said, "let's go." and turned on the radio, and tuned it till they were on a good station listening to Centuries by fallout boy.
    and she grinned as it played.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian smiled at her remarks, glad she was approaching this realistically. Better to expect it to be dull and wind up discovering something interesting, than to expect something interesting and get disappointed and end up distracted by that discouragement. As Garana adjusted the radio, he began to pull out of the parking space, and made his way through the garage.

After she settled on a channel, he reached for the volume knob and increased it slightly, shooting a sidelong smile at her as he did so, and beginning to bop his head slightly to the song, which was easily one of his favorites by Fallout Boy. He pulled from the garage into the light evening traffic and began to drive them toward the restaurant at a decent pace, making even better time than he expected. He parked in front of the small Chinese restaurant and pulled their menu up on his phone, quickly making a few notes about what he wanted, and then passing his phone over to Garana.

"Here, pick a few things you'd like, that way we can order quickly. While they make it we can make the proper preparations for spending the rest of the foreseeable evening in the car."

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast