Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: (IC) Dersei Angels [M]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Her tail was restrained only by the seatbelt.

"we do roadseaker. It's really close to an earlier version of M&M. I really don't like the newest edition, I mean, I understand why some do, I just have expectations that aren't met... in the way that I expect." she said. "Same fantasy base though. We do a bunch of homebrew, it gets crazy sometimes."

She couldn't help but recall some of those times. She wanted to share them, but didn't want to 'regurgitate' everything on him.

at least we can talk to each other. she though. And then another idea popped into her head.

"uh... have you ever used roll20?" she asked.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, and lots in-betwen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian chuckled. She was clearly eager to get along as well, which was good for him, since he'd rather work with someone whose company he enjoys anyway.

She seems eager to talk too, maybe an escape would be good for her right now...

"Roadseeker! I used to play that with my group in my hometown, we still get together on Roll20 every so often to play it actually! I used to run a campaign of Roadseeker for my friends here too, but someone else wanted to take a stab at being the game master, and they were really interested in the newest edition of M&M since it's easy to learn and teach, so we've been doing that for the last little while. How big is the group you play with, what sort of classes do you tend to play?"

His voice grew excited as he engaged in the conversation more. Traffic had ground to a near standstill once again as they passed a busier onramp, so it seemed they'd have plenty of time to get into it.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"A few online groups. A few friends I play with back home are doing skyseaker, about three of us total." she said. "as for classes? Mainly gunslingers and sorcerers, but I've played a cleric and am currently playing a monk elsewhere. How about you?"

She was a little excited with the conversation herself. Her tail could do nothing but shake.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian's smile became even more apparent, his interest piqued.

"Starseeker? I haven't gotten a chance to check that out yet, but I love sci-fi, and have been interested in playing that. As for my class preferences, I enjoy warlocks and bards, with the occasional rogue and ranger mixed in."

He let the matter rest at that for a moment as traffic picked up again, merging toward the middle of the freeway as the exit he sought was listed as only a few miles down the packed stretch of asphalt.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Garana let there be a small moment of silence. For a moment, she was happy for the destruction. It was pleasant.

"Hey. Once this is all done... would you like to start another campaign?" she asked. She seemed to be getting down again. "if it goes bad, I'm going to want to play with someone who understands."

She sat there. She seemed level, but her eyes took an a sad, thoughtful look. She was starting to like this guy, and would certainly enjoy a good game with him. But she had no idea in what state she would find her family in.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian lost his grin as she spoke. He paused for a moment before answering, considering her heavier take on the matter.

It seems that she understands this may not turn out as we'd hoped, but that doesn't mean that we should despair...

"I'd like that,"He said after a moment, "but let's not dwell on possible bad outcomes that may not even come to pass. We haven't even truly begun looking yet. We can't set out on this quest expecting to fail, that's no way to have an adventure."

He looked over at her with a small wry smile as he steered them onto their offramp, hoping his light jest had done something to lighten her mood.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She did give a small laugh, and a small smile.

"you're right. What sort of adventure am I gonna have if I only look at the dark side." she said. "I may not know what has happened. But that doesn't mean it's set in stone."

well, he's nice. she thought. almost like uncle Clarence.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian relaxed, still smiling as they merged to the right turn lane after exiting.

"There we go, that's a better place to start from. Until we get there, the future is an ever-changing and flexible thing. If we want to work to shape it, then we need to use our time and energy focusing on what we can do now."

Dorian's smile faded slightly as he shifted to more introspective thoughts during the last few blocks and turns to his home. Though he looked young, he bore the weight of experience his appearance belied. Being half Elven, he didn't age the same rate humans did outwardly, but inside he carried knowledge gained through the years, and knew that there was more to putting on a brave face than just appearance. Few things could get done when working from despair, as he had discovered before in other scenarios where he wanted to give up. If they wanted to succeed, they couldn't give up hope before they even began. He made the last turn into the downward slope of the basement parking structure under the building he lived in.

"We'll park the car then head up to my apartment and see what we can discover. I wasn't expecting company so I apologize if it's messy, I don't really have clients over often... or ever really... and I've never had much use for a separate office." He said, smiling apologetically this time.

He went down a level to his designated space, then parked and turned off the car, grabbing his bag from the back seat before stepping out.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"ok." she said.

When they parked, she grabbed her bag and followed him.

"oh, it's no problem." she said. "It wouldn't be the first mess I've walked into."

thoughts went through her mind like race cars. there was still the chance they could be found, and that was the hope. But there was always the chance they were lost or dead.
    Dorian might as well be old enough to be her father or grandfather. why that came to mind, she felt she would be wondering that for a long time.

She shook herself. this was not yet the time to let her mind wander so.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Dorian quickly led her to the elevator. The parking area they were in was two levels below the street above, and while it was brightly lit and very clean, it still had that slightly claustrophobic feeling those sorts of places carried. As the elevator rose, the windows revealed a quickly ascending view of the streets, afternoon sunlight streaming in.

Dorian waited patiently as the car rose to the level of his home. He let the silence hang, giving Garana time to sort through all that had happened that day.

We've spoken alot but some things still need to fully set in it seems, and it's better she thinks over things now so she won't have reservations later, once we begin our search.

After a few moments, the elevator dinged announcing his floor. He stepped off slightly and looked down the halls casually before exiting fully, as was his habit when he arrived home. He'd never really gotten to know his neighbors, as most of them were international businesspeople, not so much for being in one location very often, but he was always curious. He fished his keys out of his pocket as he stepped out of the elevator.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast