Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Tied Fates M (Siks & Koti) IC

"A sack of gold, a bottle of rum,
    Fresh cooked meal and a shapely bum!
    Feast my friends from upon the sea,
    Bed a wench, save the bottle for me!"

Irazebeth's voice grilled through the air, bouncing along with the song and spring in her step. The sun was warm today, fresh boats coming back in from the long haul on the ocean fair. Many people, from the local woman looking for fresh food, to the local shanks looking for something similar. The men were more than glad to be back on land, ready to sell their hauls and find their families or a warm meal and bed for the night.

"Praise thee, ya drunken sailors!
    Drag your hauls and make your wagers!
    From watery seas to sandy shores
    Get your gold and fill your stores!"

Irazebeth hummed the song that she heard several of the sailors sing when they returned to land. After spending so long, this song spoke of joy at getting safely home, and tensions were lower and joy high. The people of the small port town were more than happy to see their men returned, and almost made a near festival of it all. The moods were infectious for her.

It also made swiping good coins much easier. Purse strings were loose, coin flowed freely like cold ale, and so people didn't know a coin was missing here, a few silver vanishing there. She knew enough to not steal from just one person, to spread her pickings on the group at large. The last she wanted was to get caught, and even worse punished. Of course she had used her own way to ensure her magic, and today seemed of one that promised a very interesting night. It was too early to try and hit the bars, thus she spent her time on the docks.

"Ah, miss.. oh!" A voice dragged her attention from her happy tone, a woman staring at her with a worried look. She blinked, smiling at the woman and giving a polite wave. She had only been in this town for a few months, yet had learned enough that she could. Her own tricks and trinkets had helped make some small living enough for room and board. The woman was thankfully the matron of the inn, yet Irazebeth knew she was more than that. It wasn't a surprise that her inn made more money than normal tonight, and that it seemed more staffed than normal.

"Ah, good morrow Matron Jazmine? I take it you're heading to the fare for fresh catches for dinner?" Irazebeth motioned to the stalls setting up, the crowds already gathering for the men and their wares.

"Yes, quite well indeed. I am glad to see you here though. I was hoping that you could possibly gather a room much further inland?" Jazmine asked the girl, her intent clear. She wanted as many rooms for the sailors tonight, even for the sailors with families. Irazebeth smiled at the woman, though internally she shuddered at the thought of a strange man using her current room to meet his needs from being awash.

"Ma'am, I am more than happy to find a room further up the city. I know today is going to be busy, as will I. I may treat myself to one of the more high end places, not that your inn isn't nice as is." Irazebeth waved off the woman's concerns, keeping her smile in place. Her vision had already told her she was going to have a great day today. A most wonderful day indeed.
    Last edited by Koti~; 02-07-2020 at 10:16 AM.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Humming softly to himself a broad shouldered man milled his way through a crowd of revelers. Elk Run wasn't a town Riggs found himself going to much even for a contract. He never liked sea ports, too much salt in the air and pickpockets were a popular nuisance around people coming fresh off the boats with goods and such. Not as bad as Balefire he supposed, he didn't expect a Troll turf war to fire up at any second here.

But still he didn't like sea ports. But this contract was too good to pass up. For five-hundred gold all he needed to do bring back a runaway girl. That's a lot for a simple retrieval contract, that was the first red flag that jumped up in his mind. The next was the family seemed to already know where she is despite the girl just vanishing without a note or trace or where she planned to go. But the grey-haired man was running low on funds and six months off a job, plus he could tell he was getting on Irana's nerves hanging around the cabin for so long. Usually they only saw each other for a week or two at a time before a job pulled one of them back onto the road. It was a little bit of a strain for an aging couple who were thinking about settling down, but neither of them ever did well staying in one place for very long. Plus all their skills were geared towards being mercs and hired blades, learning to farm would likely drive them both insane and while they both could hunt they didn't know any of the long term skills for keeping the game around and plentiful or even how to take care of pigs or cows.

Some day an injury or Irana becoming pregnant will force them to learn these skills on the fly. But like many times before Grey shook the thoughts from his mind and focused on looking for the golden eyed girl with ginger hair among the crowd of hustlers and bustleres. The golden eyes was another red flag, if he remembered his history right gold eyes was an ancient Iaegr way to know if someone has magic in their blood. Mages were another thing he thought best avoided, which considering his almost wife Irana is a mage of sorts herself made that dislike ironic. But Irana isn't of Iaegr blood like himself and obviously like this girl. Her ancestry comes from across the Grand Sea, a whole other continent that the Iaegr never stumbled across in their many nautical travels. He knew nothing of Irana's magic blood aside from it lets her talk to her dead dad, and Riggs learned long ago to not worry about the unknown. He knew about Iaegr blood and magic though, he knew what it was capable of and where it came from. The will of ancient Gods not known for their kindness and compassion, quite terrifying if you stopped and thought about it.

Luckily a flash of red hair heading towards him allowed Riggs to rip his mind away from thinking about angry gods coming down and smashing him with a giant hammer of lightning or some shit. Putting the small picture away he moved closer to the girl hoping to get a look at her front to see if she had gold colored eyes.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Irazebeth had been enjoying her day rather well, the sun climbing into the skies. She had managed a good haul today, between selling her good luck charms and the occasional pinch. The coin in her purse felt much heavier than it has in days, and she figured it was good enough to treat herself. Besides, she spotted some wonderful fish that had come in on the boats. It had been some time since she had a good salmon stew, and today's weather boasted a good meal. With her song humming behind her, she made her move towards the major resteraunts in the center of town. She needed to find a room to rest in tonight anyway, so she was on the hunt for something viable for the night. Some inns would be completely out for personal reasons.

With half a song in her mind, she was brought out of her attention when she caught the gaze of an older man, his peppery hair complimenting his stout frame. Irazebeth studied him for a moment, trying to place the man before her, wondering if he was a local or not. While she had lived in the town the last few months, she hadn't met everyone yet. With the armor and weapon by his side, her first thought was a warrior or sorts, and only one warrior came around these parts. Merc's looking for some jobs, or down on their luck needing a new job on the boats. The man himself didn't seem bad looking enough, would be fetching if a bit younger. A perfect target for a quick pinch.

Irazebeth smiled as the two of them began moving towards them, letting the natural flow of the crowd helping guide her, even more that they seemed on the same path. All it took was a quick turn of her foot, letting it point out and catch the side of another leg, sending her sprawling against the man, a short yet practice gasp of surprise as she stumbled into the man, catching herself against his weight.

"Oh, sorry sire. I didn't mean to trip into you, but thank you for catching me. I hope to not bother you." Irazebeth hurridly said to the man, giving him a warm smile as she bowed in apology, moving deftly out of his way to not hold the man and the crowd up. She gave him a polite wave before moving on, finally taking a look at what she had pinched from the man, which made her blood run cold. Instead of money or the like, Irazebeth was holding a picture of herself. There was only one reason why the man would have it. It made sense now why it had been quiet for a few months, landing at the same time she had moved into this port town. She had stayed to long, and she needed to leave now!

Now that he had seen her though, she needed to disappear, find a place to lay low and discover a fresh path to take. For now, Irazebeth needed to hide! She picked up the pace a bit, slipping her hands into her pockets to fish around for some of the talismans she had carved. Just a tiny poke to make her blood flow, and she could trigger them to help lose the man. She wasn't going back as long as she drew breath.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

He kept his eyes locked on the girl as she drew nearer. Cleverly she kept her head down, but he got the same weird vibe off her he always got off Irana. Placing his hand on the coil of rope at his belt he made ready to make good on his capture. But as she looked up at him he was shocked by just how gold her eyes really were.

And that momentary shock let him fall for the oldest trick in the pickpocket's handbook. The trip and steal he saw just enough of it coming to save his coin purse. But he lost the picture, funny considering the girl he's looking for was the one who swiped it. He turned quickly and saw her reaction shock and panic, expected and useful. The girl began to run she had some skill with Runes so he needed to get at her before she could use any of them.

Lucky for him the crowd was dispersing some so he was easily catching up to her.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Irazebeth fished out a few runes, frowning to herself as she picked up the pace. Only one really stood out to her to be helpful, that of a snarling wolf head. None of the others would survive long enough to help escape, but the wolf, placed right, would. She began looking around the people, letting the panic out in her eyes. They were almost clear of people when she spotted the first person she thought might be useful. Darting up to him she grabbed his arm, already pressing her finger against the wood tooth of the wolf head to break the skin and draw blood. She couldn’t hide the wince as she held the man, panic mixing with just a pinch of breathiness.

“Please. Help me. This man is trying to kidnap me.” She spoke in hushed tones, holding the stranger tight as she managed to place the wooden wolf into the collar of his tunic. A minor wave of unease passed through her as the magic took over, the man's eyes looking to Riggs as the magic took hold. Iraze smiled as she could see the snarl appeared upon his face, stepping out of the way to allow the man to approach.

“What do you think you’re trying to do?” The man asked Riggs, ready to throw a punch at the slightest reason. Irazebethe didn’t stay to watch the effects, as she couldn’t afford it. Right now she needed to get lost. Picking up the pace she ran off, ducking into an alleyway between the nearest building, weaving between them to get away from him.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Riggs was close enough to see the girl use her magic to enthrall the man his eyes rolling and his skin prickling. This is why he didn't like magic, gives people power over others removing willpower. Why was this girl so desperate? He asked himself as the man came at him.

He didn't have time for this crap. Just as the man's words left his mouth he stretched his powerful arms out and clotheslines the man flipping him almost onto his head. The rune fell from his collar and was crushed under the sellsword's boot. Seeing the display the crowd split out of sudden fear, and before they could react or anyone step up for round two the big man took off at a run after the girl ducking in the alley behind her.

She had a headstart, but Riggs had a good feeling he had more endurance than her so taking off a jog just fast enough to keep her in sight he began the chase. Like wolf after deer, knowing eventually she would tire and then he would make his move. He contemplated charging her family extra for this added bother of actually chasing the girl down.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

*Shit, he's not messing around.* Irazebeth stuttered some as the man entered after her. The man she had snagged had no effect despite the rune, plus breaking it broke her rune. Right now she needed to figure out the best path forward. She closed her eyes, placing one hand on the wall to keep track of where she was while she delved deep into her magic. In the darkness of her vision, she could see the threads alight in front of her. Golden strings wove in front, some blackened at the tips, others shimmering far into the distance. Already she could find hers, the one that can from her chest, right at the collarbone.

It was always the same when she focused her vision. She reached out with her free hand, grasping her thread and getting flashes of her future. She stumbled during her run, feeling warmth around her eyes as she thought through different ways to go, trying to find one that would help her best. Another rune flashed in her mind, one that proved the best possible route. Shaking off the vision she opened her eyes, still feeling the glow around her eyes as she fished another rune from her pocket, a rune of a thorned cage, based upon the sun born throne. She pricked herself on the first thorn, feeling a cold shudder run through her body.

Wordlessly she turned enough to catch sight of the man chasing her. With another stumbled she threw the rune, using the thin corridor to hit him with it. While it might not have enough effect, just the tiniest bit of fear could be enough to give her more time. She dived back into her vision as she finally exited the alleyway, having to rely on her luck as she looked for the next action.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Upon seeing the girl slow and stumble about a little Grey thought this was his chance to pounce. Picking up his pace he rumbled down the alley. But just as he was about to throw some rope over her like a wild horse she recovered and bolted. His skin prickled so he could safely assume she used her Seer powers or something. Well he would remember that next time and toss the rope way sooner.

What happened next he didn't expect though. She threw another rune his way, but it looked like the target was the wall of the alley itself. He really needed to do some quick studying of magic to know what the hell this kid was gonna be throwing at him. But as the reached the point of impact on the wall a giant snake jumped out of the shadows at him causing him to shudder step back for a few seconds, before just blowing forward. His first thought was to run, but his second told him that a giant snake like that wouldn't just be sitting there, so it had to be more magic.

With a loud annoyed growl he doubled his pace after the girl. "Give up on throwing runes kid you're gonna run out of them before I run out of stamina! Just give up!" He shouts pulling the rope off his belt and beginning to unwind it.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Irazebeth had just managed to exit the alley and began running down the street. She swallowed hard as sweat poured down her forehead, hoping that she had given herself enough time to catch her breath. Sadly as he shouted across the way, she knew there was no such luck. Even as her muscles burned, Iraze pushed herself, trying to think through the exhaustion. While she was decently fit, using so much magic along with running was tiring her out. She knew that if she tried delving into the future again, she would collapse along the street, so she would need blind faith for the most part.

*And maybe just a bit of magic.* Iraze focused as she fished out one more rune, the wolf head snarling in her hand. Letting another drop of blood land across it, she moved towards a small growing crowd, slipping a rune into the first man she could.

"Woah woah Ira, what's wrong?" The man, a local fisherman, had grown to know the girl well while she was here. Breathlessly she pointed back as the man was gaining on them.

"He's trying to capture and sell me as a sex slave. Please.. please help me." She spoke breathlessly, allowing her magic to begin working as she slipped the rune inside his shirt. She felt the world go fuzzy around her, her vision swimming as she was moved to the side, watching the blurry images of the man, and those in the crowd move towards, angry voices beginning to raise. She gave a breathy smile before beginning to move again. She staggered though, having to place her hand against the wall of a building to prevent herself from falling over as she focused her vision.

*This should buy me enough time to escape, I hope.* Irazebeth thought as she began running again, her body on fire from the intense running as she willed herself onwards. She felt completely drained, but if she could get away, a long bath and hot meal would fix her right up.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Having grown quite tired of this chase, Grey nearly caught up with the girl before she pulled another magic trick and tried to make someone come to her aid again. With a low annoyed sigh he lowered his shoulder and plowed over the man sending him into a pile of crates. The girl was stumbling and he quickly threw the rope catching her around the shoulders before roughly yanking her back and off her feet.

People reacted with shock and tried to move and save the girl. But as he reached Iraze he threw up a contract of acquisition with the seal of her family upon it. "Back off! She's a runaway, I'm just bringing her back to her family!" Upon seeing the seal people back off and after tightly hogtying the girl and tossing her over his shoulder groaning lightly. "You are pain in the ass kid."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast