Thread: (M)When the moon shines down. ( Siks and CF RP) OOC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M)When the moon shines down. ( Siks and CF RP) OOC

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

When the moon shines down.

He who makes the booze, makes the power.

The 1920s, the roaring era of fast women, fast times, and fast action. Where men wore hats even if he was just going to the mailbox. Class and productivity were normal things to see, smiling faces and shiny cars. A certain standard that is lacking today, but under that happy guise was a truer face. A face that smiled at you one second then drove a knife into your back the next.

It wasn't always a knife, sometimes it was a greased palm, or a well-placed rumor. But still those happy shiny houses and faces were everywhere outside the city limits. Once your cross the tracks things changed. The air got thicker, the streets dirtier, and those smiling faces became stiffer and more plastic. They were still there of course, but less genuine and immediately put you on edge.

It didn't help that everyone was forced to be sober. Say all you want about alcohol, but it had a habit of keeping people happy. But the smarter drunks found a way around these laws, and that's where this story starts.

A seedy bar, a bloody fight, and a Troll with control over the moon.

Character Skeleton

Name:

Appearance(pic and/or description)

Race:
    Role within the company:

Racial Skills and Abilities (limit of 4)

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5)

Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons)

Armor(one sensible suit of armor):

Equipment:

Personality:

Background:

Other:

Rules

1. All RPA and Mature Section rules apply.
    2. This a mature RP for the reason of creative freedom, anything goes for the most part as long as none of the rules are broken
    3. Be smart, have fun, and no modding or powerplaying.
    4. Magic is a rare gift and this RP will only have three magic users in it.
    5. Half-Breeds while not uncommon are not looked well upon by some of the more traditional races and even some of the less traditional depending on the Half-Breed's linage.
    6. If you've read down this far, put a good, two-paragraph in-character scene in the Other Section of the sheet displaying your character's skills.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Name: Erasmus(Ernie) 'The Ogre' Fryggison
    Gender M

Race: Half-Giant (passes as a large (7'2" 300lbs human)
    Role within the company: longshoreman, Fighter

Stomp - an ability that sends a kinetic wave along the ground in a 20 foot radius, toppling loose objects and people

Fire Acclimated - His skin, leathery and thick, is more resistant to fire than other races

Powerful Build - Half-giants, though smaller in stature than thei full-giant bretheren, maintain the powerful physique of their forebears, and those

Thick skin - Like other giants and giantkin, he has an unusually thick and tough hide, granting him some pretection from weapons and injury by itself.

Ogre-style Boxing - Ogre-Style is what he clls his mixed boxing style combining occidental and oriental boxing and grappling techniques from sources such as

-Savate
    -Muay Thai
    -Judo
    -Pankration

In a pocket, he keeps a small length of chain, where the two ends are held together by a heavy steed padlock. He also has trench knife and a blackjack

Armor(one sensible suit of armor):

His normal clothes consist of a home-made antistab vest (by having hardback book covers sewn into the lining of his vest), and his thick wollen jacket having layers of compressed paper in its lining, increasing its protection against stabs and cuts.

Equipment: Pocket watch, wallet, and he carries a small runestone carved for him by his mother for luck.

Personality: Ernie iis a very quiet and serious man. He is cordial enough, but not 'chummy'. He is hard working and...generally honest. His dream is to become the strongest man in the world.

Dislikes: Alcohol, communists, Elves, Orcs

Background:

Ernie is a child of rape. His mother fled to america to escpe the persecution of her people, and sought to live a better life in the american frontier. She built a small farm and cabin on a mountain, and tried to live a peaceful, solitary life. But it was not to be, for a group of thugs came upon her house one night, and, catching the giant woman by surprise, burtally beat and raped her to within an inh of her life. She would have died if a fried had not come visiting. Together they killed the men and disposed of their bodies in the way that giants do.

She recovered soon enough, but found that she was pregnant. For a normal woman, this would likely traumtize her even further, but Frygga, for tht was her name, ws a hardy nordic mountain giant. She took it in stride and viewed the child as a gift from the gods, something good coming from something bad. She raised him, but never told him of his ancestry, or rather, how he was made. Not until his eighteenth birthday.

An adult, Ernie, now knowing of his heritage, left home, as many young men do. He traveled the country for a few years, channing his pent up rage and agression in the martial arts for, even though he looked human, he wasnt, and his aptitude for fighting, for warfare was in his blood, was great. Now in Chicago, he works the docks and moonlights as a boxer, using his unique fighting style to good use. He works towards one goal, becoming the strongest man in the world. Why? Because he wants to, no other reason.

Other:

Ernie in action

Last edited by Cfavano; 02-21-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ki control still seems very OP when paired with a massively powerful Half-Giant char. There wouldn't be any stakes in a fight with him. It'd be much simpler if Hammerhand, Iron Body and deathgrip were just physical techniques tied into his physiology rather than Ki magic and a healing ability is just cheating.

That way we won't have to come up with convoluted enemies and situations for the pair to overcome.

Name: Bondor Grayback
    Gender (M or F): Male

Spoiler: Bondor 

Race: Troll
    Job: Owner of the Grayback Brewery

Strong: As the case with all Trolls, Bondor is extremely strong. Able to grapple with Giants his size or slightly bigger.

Tough: Having been born from a race of Mountain People, Bondor is very tough.

Goods Nose: Bondor has a very keen sense of smell.

Earth Sense: An inborn ability of all Trolls, Bondor can feel vibrations within five miles of his current position if he is on bare ground.

Brew Master: Like all Graybacks, Bondor is master brewery able to distill anything from Ale to Wine.

Piper: No Highlander can call himself such without being able to masterfully play the bagpipes.

Rifleman: Bondor isn't fond of causing trouble if he can help it, but when it comes looking for him he can fire a rifle quite well.

Brawler: When a gun might fail your fist will not. While untrained Bondor can throw a punch like a skilled boxer.

Driver: You don't become a moonshiner if you can't drive like a bat outta hell.

Elephant Gun: Made by a friend to suit his greater size Bondor's main arm is a large gun able to blow a hole through stone walls

Spiked club: A simple weapon used for defense at close range, he doesn't need much skill when he's as strong as he is.

Armor(one sensible suit of armor): None

Equipment: Usually he carries extra rounds for his rifle and his large smoking pipe and extra tobacco. Anything else he picks up and carries as needed.

Personality: Bondor is a jolly and laid back individual. Being an old man by most standards Bondor is also quite wise and grandfatherly happy to take care of those around him. But his experience also lends towards being a shrewd businessman and with all the Prohibition laws going around he has become quite clever in keeping his business afloat.

Likes: Being a brewer, his clan, his wife, the mountains, and his employees.
    Dislikes: Being cheated, being lied to, losing profits, people who endanger his family.

Background: Bondor had come down from the Highlands across the sea carrying his family's recipe with him to the rural lands around Chicago. It's a drink called Trollblight and it has been known to cause blindness in less sturdy races, but for those tough enough to take it the drink was well worth the pricetag of $300 in American units.

Among Trolls, the Graybacks were rich and ambitious it was actually this wealth and ambition that brought Bondor to America's shores and for a few years before the Prohibition Act the Graybacks were on the edge of being one of the world's premier Distillers. Unfortunately the family saw the dust-up coming, but did very little to insure the survival of Bondor and his operation.

He had a few stockpiles of ingredients stashed in the woods and lived on them. But as the legislation took hold and started getting muscle behind it those stockpiles ran out or had to be abandoned because police were getting too close. They prowled the woods with full tactical teams shooting down anyone who wasn't on their side. Now he's only able to distill a quarter of the stock he used to and is being forced to actually venture into the city for supplies and reluctant allies. One such ally came in the form of a jaded war vet named Jecht Haldenbridge. At first the 11 foot Troll wasn't sure of the little man that was less than half his size. But once he saw the sheer brutality of the Hafling at work breaking legs for the Stafford Mafia family. They were a prospective business partner for Bondor, but once the old man kicked the scramble for control of the group soured the simple Moonshiners outlook on them, but the Halfling found his way into Bondor's woods and a partnership was struck, Bondor needed a driver and a smaller operative in the city and Jecht needed someone to keep him off Belfont's radar.

As of now Bondor, his two nephews Jongo and Hamish, Jecht, and a female Gargoyle named Elsa are all that is left of the once prosperous Trollblight operation. Their HQ is located on the side of Big MT and consists of a Model A truck to run the whiskey and an old Bison drawn cart to gather ingredients and carry Bondor to town when needed. While Jecht, his nephews, and Elsa are still around the other families are getting more agitated so he needs to find himself some more muscle.

Other: Bondor is currently married and an old man, so that's all he needs.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

fixed, better?

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Axe the Ki control entirely and yes, cause even now he's OP and we'll need to come up with increasingly convoluted ways to keep the fights interesting. And that is a ridiculous trope in kid shows that drives me nuts.

Why does he need Ki control at all? Why can't he just be like Rock Lee from Naruto? No "magic", just a really dedicated fighter with Deathgrip, Iron Body, and Hammerhand just be fighting techniques passed down from some side of his family? Paired with Half Giant powers makes Ki so OP we'd need equally OP fighters for him to go up against or some kind of massively glaring weakness.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i got rid of it tho. i can just have fewer abilities, its fine i thought i had to have that many abilities

- - - Updated - - -

oh wait i see what you mean ill get rid of those

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Coolness, now it'll be more of a challenge for us both.