Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post the longer reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Post the longer reply

So for this game, its simple. Its a story continuation game, with a twist. You are going to continuse the story, but your post should be longer then the one before it.

To start:
    The sun shone bright.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    historical (esp. Med/Ren. or early Biblical), romance, char.-driven, short-term modern
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

It was a beautiful day, so I thought a brisk walk would be enjoyable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps a trip around the local park would be fun. As i finished gathering my stuff i would need for the day, my phone rang.

historical (esp. Med/Ren. or early Biblical), romance, char.-driven, short-term modern
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Should I answer it, with the possibility that it would necessitate cancelling my proposed walk, or should I fly out the door, and leave the caller to await my return?
    <font size=1><font color=#ffd700><b><i>"To make a difference in someone's life you don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect.  You just have to care. ~M.Hale </i></b></font>
</font>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I mean, who could it be? My mother hasnt contacted me in years. I dont have a boyfriend. My brother lived on the other side of the world. The phone cant be anything important.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I pick up the cellular device and hesitate.... What if it was my manager calling? I could use the money and I did call out yesterday so I could see a few friends and have a few drinks with them at the party
    Last edited by Kiro Akira; 02-17-2020 at 05:46 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally decidd to answer it, catching the call on the last ring before it went to voicemail. Clearing my throat, i spoke into the phone. "Hello?" The number presented in the caller id wasnt recognizable to me. The responce on the other side of the call was silence. "Hello? Anyone there?" I asked in confusion. Suddenly, there was deep breathing. "Who is..." i was cut off by a gravely, scratchy voice. "I have what you care about most. You have 5 days to find me, or you will never see it again, rabeca of 712 oaktree lane. 5 days." Click, and the call was ended.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

"W--wait..." I pleaded, and almost dropped the phone when I heard the dial tone, indicating the caller had already hung up. I didn't recognize the voice or the phone number, though I could try one of the Internet cross-directories. If it was a cell, it was probably a 'dump phone', and wouldn't be listed. It seemed pointless to call the police, as the caller didn't ask for money, and I couldn't even tell them what the caller had to threaten me with. He had said 'it' so the 'item' wasn't a family member, and I didn't have a pet. All he said was that he wanted my presence, which seemed harmless, but might conceal a violent or fatal intent, What thing could he have that would send me on such a chase? If this was a gag, the voice was frightening enough to belie that. No clues, what could I do, where to even begin? If he had been here, as he obviously had my address, and stolen something, was there any chance I could gain a clue if I could identify what, if anything, had been taken, Should she call a friend to help her brainstorm this?
    <font size=1><font color=#ffd700><b><i>"To make a difference in someone's life you don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect.  You just have to care. ~M.Hale </i></b></font>
</font>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I paced back and forth un my living room, all thought of my walk banished. I needed to think about this, find her next pathway. Was thif s all some kind of sick, twisted joke? Yes, surely. I mean, this all felt like something from a movie. There was a buzz of static as her radio suddenly came to life. The static cleared, then there was silence. I stopped pacing, facing my radio. Then came the breathing. "What do you want from me?!" I screamed. The man only laughed. "To see you strugle, panic. You are nothing but my entertainment. Now, go back to your walking. Its quite amuzing watching you figure this out." My heart stopped and my blood ran cold as thred realization hit me. This man, this maniac, can see her, in real time. Darting from room to room, i closed all the blinds and curtains in the house.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I sat down at my desk with a pad of paper. On the first page I wrote at the top “Unknowns”; on the following page, “Knowns”. On the first page, under the category “Unknowns”, I started a list: 1. I can’t identify this caller by voice or telephone number; 2. The caller may be using a mechanical voice changer name 3. The caller seems to have addressed me from my radio, which seems impossible, unless he has been in the house, and has monkeyed with it somehow. 4, He may have placed one or more video cams in my home 5. I think by tone of voice and implication, this caller sounds malevolent 6. I can’t think of any ex-relationship was with someone so deranged as to try revenge like this, so it MUST be someone I don’t know, or only know ‘in passing’

Under “Knowns”, 1. He knows where I live and my first name 2. I am scared 3. I don’t think that the police can help when I have such vague information to give them, 4. If I do nothing, maybe I can “flush the caller out”? 5. Maybe I can enlist a level-headed close friend to help or to let me stay with her to frustrate the nosy caller?

Well, actually, those last two probably belong with the “Unknowns”, or maybe as “Possible Courses of Action”? That’s why I need a more level-headed or strategic friend to brainstorm with. But who, and how will I reach out to them without tipping my hand to “my fan”?
</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast