Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post the longer reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just down the street, in a house that looks like any other, a man sat in his basement. The only light in the room was from the monitors before him, watching his prey with a smile. One screen was her bedroom, from an angle that looked like he was where a tv could be, looking into the room. Another was a bathroom, about mid height, about where a light switch would be found. The third, the one she was on, was a top down look, clearly looking from the cieling light fixture. On the table. Set to the side, was a locked box.

Reaching his hands behind his head, the man streched. What should he do next? What was his pets next move going to be?

True, he had the cameras set up, and the trick with the radio was easy, but he hadnt gottrn a chance to tap into her phone lines. The man made a mental note to himself.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fandom, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Action/Adventure
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Every home, new and old, had its creaky spots. Sometimes it was a spot on a stair halfway up the staircase, other times it was that one spot in the middle of the floor that made noise for who knew what reason. His house, though, creaked and moaned under even the lightest feet. Made it easy for him to hunker down in the basement and watch his prey without having to worry about unwanted eyes.

Speaking of, the faint but distinct creak of one of the stairs a level above reached him through the floor. It was followed by another from the stairs shortly after. He stood up, twisting his torso left and right to kill the kink within it before exiting the room.

The door made a solid click behind him as he let his gaze wander the rest of the basement. He gave the handle an experimental twist to make sure it was locked as the dim light from one lonely lamp at the far end of the space gave him a slight headache. It was enough to see that he was indeed still alone in the finished basement before he went up the stairs and out the door at the top.

Small socked feet padded into the kitchen just as he made it there and he beamed. "Have a nice nap, sweetheart?" he asked, reaching down and scooping up the three year old. He was a little disappointed to be dragged away from his work but it was nothing compared to the joy he felt at feeling those little arms wrap around his neck so trustingly. The little head topped with a ton of silky curls tucked itself right under his chin. He grinned. "Let's get you some food."
    Find a tale or three or five to read but be warned. It is never easy to see where the plot may be going As the Story Crumbles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The man softly ruffled the little girls hair, causing a light giggle from her. "What are you in the mood for? Carrots? Celery?" For a small child, she had an odd prefferance of food. She would actually rather have the healthy stuff over candy or sweets. The man set the girl in a chair at the dinning table. It was then that there was a knock on the door. "One moment, sweetheart." He said as he walked to the door. There was a knock again. Urgent. Looking through the peephole in the door, he saw that it was a poloce officer. With a sinking heart, he opened it. "Hello, sir." The officer said with a smile. The other malea mind was racing. 'How could they hace found meout already? I had covered all my bases." Inside, the man's mind was a totent of activity. On the outside, he was calm and relaxed. "Can i help you, officer?" He had asked politely. "I just need a moment of your time, then ill be out of your hair." "Sure," wasbvb the man's only reply. Thd officer handed him a small photograph. One of a young boy. 13 maybe? "Have you seen this young man? He was reported missing." Wanting this conversation to be over, he just said, "no, officer, i have not. Wish i could help." "Oh, thats fine," the officer replied polotely. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a buisneas card and offered it to the man. "If you see him, plwase let me know." The man handed nack the photo. "Ok. Have a good day." The man said as he closed the door. Walking back tk the kitchen, he threw the card into the trashcan as he passed it. "Who was that?" His little girl asked. "It was a police man, checkinv to see if you were being a good girl."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12