Thread: Borderlands: The Conjugal visit

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Parody Borderlands: The Conjugal visit

Bdorderlands: The Conjugal Visit

Eh, whats this? You want Marcus to tell you another story about Vault Hunters? Well, I was getting tired of telling these stories, but there is one I never told anyone. One that most people have forgotten. Where strange heroes from faraway worlds all joined together on Pandora to once again save the universe. Why did most people forget it? Agh, shut up will you, and I'll tell you. It all began one full
    moon.

Start fancy borderlands intro video set to a rock song while also showing off the characters:

Welcome to Borderlands: The Conjugal visit. This is a crossover rp set on everyone's favorite planet in the ass end of the galaxy, Pandora. If you have never played a Borderlands game, where the hell have you been for the last decade or so? It's only one of the most revolutionary FPS games in history, and probably helped revitalize the genre what with its millions of randomized guns. But you haven't come here for me to shill to you. This game takes place in an alternate timeline from the games. During the battle with the Destroyer at the end of Borderlands 1, the Vault Hunters died. Jack never rose to prominence, and thus, Zarpedon never tried to destroy Elpis.

However, what DID happen was, in the same vault that The Destroyer was in, a signal was sent out. This signal activated an ancient Eridian failsafe. You see, the Vault Hunters were not SUPPOSED to die, this timeline is wrong. The Eridians foresaw this possibility, and
    created a fix. They created a vault, containing a device that would pull heroes from other universes to become he heroes of this universe, to fix the timeline and set it right. Much would be riding on these heroes, for if they failed...the timeline would be irreparably damaged.

Rules:

you know all the basic rules, I shouldn't have to repeat them, just don't be a raging dickweed and get along with everyone

But rules specific to this game:

1.The characters that are meant for this are Existing characters from published and established fictional universes. You can be an OC from some such universe, but you must also establish why an ancient group of precognitive aliens would choose them over, say, Luke Skywalker for example.

2. For the characters, you must choose one specific iteration of the character and stick to that one. Movie Luke, to use the example above, is very different from EU/Legends Luke. EU/Legends is significantly more powerful.

3. If you think picking a super powerful character will make this game super easy, as most enemies are human, think again. Part of why this device works is because it binds you to the physical laws of this world. Every hero is scaled up or down in power to fit in. SS God Goku won't be around to wreck planets, but also, someone from a non-combat world like Azumanga Daioh or other non action anime would still be able to survive.

4. Size of the character doesn't matter, they'll be scaled to human sizes, so if you wanted to be someone from say, Cells at Work, they'd be normal human size. However if they are normally larger or giant, you can have one of their action abilities make them big.

5. While the main focus of borderlands is the varied guns, some characters wouldn't use them, and that is fine. As the newest game's siren character shows (I can link the article referencing this if you'd like), a melee build is possible in borderlands, but it is high risk.

6. Leveling does occur in this game, but its milestone, not exp, and everyone levels up at the same time. Milestone means at certain story points. they will be fairly common so getting to level 50 is very possible.

7. Concerning action skills. Action skills are special abilities that are unique to characters. While older games limited you to one skill, the newest game gives you three, one for each skill tree, though the skills on the trees affect you no matter what one is active. These skills are varied, and can be active for 1-3 full rounds of posting, and have a cooldown of 3-6 rounds, depending on the power and effects of the skill. You can change your skill by using your action, but only if it is not on cooldown. You get your action skills at level 2

8. Skill Trees. Like in the game, each character has 3 skill trees, consisting of 3 rows of 3 skills, with a singular median between the fist and second and second and third, and a capstone at the end. These you make yourself, and each one represents an aspect of your character. they can have 1-5 ranks (each specific skill), and the more ranks, the bigger the effects can be. Eventually, by level 50, while not their full power, they are exceptionally more powerful than they are at level 1. To get to each row takes 5 ranks in that tree, and the medians are typically more powerful than the rows of three, with the capstone skill being a dramatically powerful one.

Character sheet:

Name:
    Universe:
    Race:
    Class:
    Equipment: (the eridians provide. you start with one basic melee weapon, an sdu, and an echo device)

Action skills:

SKill Trees: (spoil these)

Bio (provide link to wiki page if canon character)

------

example CS

Name: Gorkamorka
    Universe: Warhammer 40k
    Race: Ork
    Class: Warboss

Equipment: storage deck, echo device, Choppa

Action skills:

Grot Turret lasts 3 rounds, cooldown 5 rounds

Summons a grot turret to the field. turret can target enemies in a 20m radius and has 360 degree traversal. It deals ballistic damage and can be destroyed.

Call da Waaaagh! Lasts 2 rounds, cooldown 4 rounds

Generates an aura around him in a radius of 10 meters, all allies and himself in range gain increased melee and weapon damage, reload time, firing rate, and movement speed at the cost of not being able to aim.

Gitfinda lases 3 rounds cooldown 6 rounds

Highlights all enemies and aiming at an enemy ensures a critical hit when they get shot at. does not work on bosses

SKill Trees: (spoil these)

Spoiler: Oddboy 

other skill trees may looks similar may have more kill skills, or other stack generating skillls but that is basically how a skill tree would look like

Bio
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi finibus augue posuere risus sodales tincidunt. Cras tincidunt nulla eu ligula luctus mattis. Donec imperdiet hendrerit massa, et imperdiet neque interdum et. In dolor felis, condimentum id venenatis et, bibendum in enim. Nullam nisi nisi, vulputate in libero ut, ullamcorper euismod elit. Vestibulum egestas euismod enim, ut malesuada tellus fringilla at. Sed sit amet sem quis dolor ornare maximus nec eu lectus. Vestibulum odio dui, mollis eu nulla efficitur, luctus tristique sem. Vivamus eget maximus eros, ac ornare eros. Pellentesque ornare rutrum consequat. Morbi sed arcu vel leo laoreet facilisis a nec leo. Vestibulum id odio et odio laoreet accumsan.
    Last edited by Cfavano; 03-02-2020 at 01:03 AM.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Is this a group roleplay? If so, not to be rude in any means what so ever, but I don't really do group roles because one I have to sneak behind my family already and I wouldn't want to slow down the roleplay. Plus I have Autism and I get overwhelmed with too much going on at once..... but if you would wanna do a 1X1 role or even one with me, you, and one other I'll be glad to do that.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

It is a group, sorry

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Getting my CS up shortly.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Yeee

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I've only ever watched a borderlands playthrough as I've never gotten the chance to play it myself. With that being said, I have a couple questions. What would the classes be? And I can't quite figure out what an SDU is, lol.

Also, what if my character doesn't necessarily use weapons. He just makes them from his body basically, lmao.

Annnnnd I will prolly have more questions as I finish up my CS.

"Thank you, Master."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

You class is whatever you want like what you think they would be if thry are a class. Sdu is like thr backpack its where your weapons and ammo and money are stored. Creating wrapons from thdir body would br an action skill.

I also have an idea who you are being based on your avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Technically SDU is Storage Deck Upgrade

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I actually considered All Might but decided against it lmao.

"Thank you, Master."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Oh no not him. I mean the girl who can make things

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

ohhhhhhhh, nah lmao