Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] Legend of the Secret Door (Ashen & Crimson)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Lunara sat up for a moment to pat Kyu on the head, "You should relax a little with me. I don't mean to trouble you, but I do truly think you're adorable," replied softly with a gentle smile then gave a thoughtful look as she listened to Kyu explain his plight when it came to searching for his family and no one willing to help him. He seemed so sure that that his family is still alive, it my of sounded crazy but Lunara believed it to be possible. She just needed proof though she knew little of what happened, just passing whispers from time to time when she was young. It was nothing she really understood besides how badly people felt for him, but Kyu never asked for people's pity Lunara think he just needs to be loved and cared for like anyone else.

"Honestly... I'm not sure if they are still out there, but with all the magic in this world and if your gut feeling is as strong as it seems to be then I want to believe it too. Besides maybe your family bond is still tying you all together! Maybe you'll be able to sense them in a way... I may sound silly thinking this, but I figured it is a possibility. If anything I can get my hands on the public records and see what I can find, maybe someone missed something that we can find," Lunara replied thoughtfully considering partly thinking aloud.

She gently took Kyu's hands rubbing her thumb against the top of his hand trying to be comforting. Whenever Kyu gets in his own head it always worried the princess. Lunara wasn't sure if anything she did would help, but she really hoped her being there would make a difference somehow. A part of her feared she was making things more uncomfortable for Kyu so she pulled her hands back into her lap being quiet for a moment, "Sorry if I'm being too pushy," Lunara said softly feeling a little bad.

Kyu's words cheered her up a bit as she nodded in response, "Thank you, Kyu. It means a lot to me. We should finish our picnic and head back soon it's starting to get late and I don't want you to get in trouble for not bring me home at the proper hour," she replied as she began nibbling on the food within the basket.

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kyu brushed off the princess's further compliments, not wanting to think about how attractive he might have been. That was the worry of other men, perhaps, bachelors looking to find love, but he had no interest in such things. As far as Kyu knew, he'd die in the castle as a servant. He wasn't concerned with finding someone with whom to settle down or having any kids of his own. He doubted he'd be any good at raising children anyway. He was just Kyu, just an ordinary man, regardless of the teasing Lunara was doing.

But she did believe him. He raised a brow, glancing at her through half-blind eyes, trying to read her expression. She would have been the first, then, to have trusted his word. Kyu turned away, deep in thought. He didn't know how he felt about the magics of the land or the strength of invisible blood bonds, but he did believe they were out there, somewhere, possibly waiting for him. Hearing Lunara say she could believe the same brought a smile to his lips. "Thank you," he mumbled quietly, almost imperceptible. He had scoured those records, had read everything about the event there was to read, but Lunara's willingness to try, her optimism... Kyu didn't know what he had done to deserve her.

Her apology caught him by surprise, and as if by habit, he dismissed it without thought. "You need not apologize to me," he insisted, just as he always did. He finished off his apple and tossed it into the grass for some animal to peck at the core. "I've spoken with your family," he assured. "As long as we are back before sundown, they will not be angered with us." His gaze rose to the sky, to the vibrant blurs of color painting the horizon. They had time yet, and Kyu was enjoying himself. With how many servants lived in the castle, Kyu rarely found himself overworked, but the hours he spent in the library during his own free time were different than this. He was to protect Lunara, and he would never offend her by thinking himself her equal, but Kyu thought this felt almost as if he were spending the afternoon with a cherished friend.

After they had emptied the contents of their picnic basket, Kyu began clearing away the waste and preparing the horses for their return home. He ensured Lunara was safely atop her horse before mounting his own, and they started back to the castle. He tried to watch Lunara, her bouncing frame poised in her saddle, but her features blurred to obscurity. Had she enjoyed their outing? Kyu could only hope he wasn't failing in acting as her guide.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Hearing a soft thank you from Kyu made her nod in response as she kept nibbling on her food. "Well to be honest I know they may have more detailed record they keep away from the public sometimes, my brother mentioned something of the sort when I saw him working whatever big research he's been working on the last few weeks. He hasn't told me much about it, but made I can see if there is anything special about the case that could of had some details that caused it to be filed in the restricted section," Lunara replied her thoughts trailing off as she taped her cheek considering her options in a way she could help. Besides she found it odd that even her father was unable to help Kyu any further, but perhaps she was just reading too much into it. A slight sigh escaped her lips as she let go of her thoughts not wanting to think her father would have any need of hiding anything to begin with, but couldn't help being a bit curious.

"Oh I see, you truly do think of everything. Don't you? It's why I know I can always count on you to think things through," she replied with a giggle. Kyu always had a good head on his shoulder compared to her being more emotional or impulsive, he often reminded her of how calm and well up together her mother is all the time. It seems rare to see her mother giving off any kind of extreme emotion now that she thinks about it. It made her wonder if she be more like mother, a well mannered and proper woman that could be a queen is she was to be married off. She swallowed dryly at the thought of marrying someone she didn't know or worse someone she didn't get along with. Those were the things she wanted to run away from, besides it wasn't like she'd live in the castle forever for it was only a matter of time since it is going to be her duty in the future.

Lunara decided to just get lost in the sounds of the water and the beauty of the sky instead of being in her own head. It was only going to make her worry more and anyone that noticed will also get worried. Soon it was time to return to the palace... While Kyu cleaned up and got the horses ready Lunara looked out onto the lake giving it a final goodbye before heading over to the horse ready to go. Once she was helped onto her horse she held Kyu's steady so he could get on his own horse then setting off from where they came from following not too far behind Kyu. She felt more at ease on her horse with Kyu by her side feeling lucky to have a friend like him to be there from her.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

It wasn't long after they had arrived within the castle walls that Kyu and Lunara were going their separate ways. Kyu returned the horses to the stable in time for their feeding, and he gratefully entrusted that task to the stablehand. He made his way to the kitchen and ensured that the servants needed no further assistance. Once Kyu was sure the castle was satisfied without him, he took a deep breath and retreated into his quarters.

He was lucky. Many of the other servants didn't have their own rooms like he had. Kyu had filled his with borrowed books and scrolls, a stray sword or two, and the occasional whittling project. He sat on his bed and pulled off his boots, slipped out of his tunic. He wandered towards the desk in the room, filled with papers. As neat as Kyu was as a person, his desk would never reflect that. He took a seat and shuffled through the papers, then stopped at a letter. Its penmanship was sloppy, untrained, the attempts of a blind man to teach himself to write. At the top were four names, names he had never heard uttered, names he would never forget.

How long ago had he written this now? Kyu folded the letter and tucked it behind a quill holder. He'd been a child, desperate, writing to the family everyone had tried to convince him didn't exist. But now, much older, much wiser, Kyu was left wondering. He'd written them countless letters, and he'd shown the royal family none of them. But absently, he wondered if Lunara would ever care to read one, or to help him deliver it.

At dusk, Kyu made his way to Lunara's chambers and knocked on the door. He had always wished her goodnight, but he wanted to check on her, to see if their outing had left her in good spirits. Kyu didn't know what he would do if she were still sad. All the duties she hated here--what power did he have to take her from them?
    Last edited by Ashen; 05-20-2020 at 09:12 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Once they had arrived to the stable and the horses were in good hands Lunara decided to look into a few things with her best bet being her brother considering he was always in and out of the library and its restricted area. Access was only given to high ranking officials and the royal family for reason unknown to her. With a quick good bye she was off to visit his brother in his room where he'd work on his research later in the day. Lunara knocked gently the ornate wooden door that earned a stiff reply, "Come in...," as the doorknob turned and opened for her to see it was her brother's maid, Emily, that had gotten the door.

"Hello, Princess Lunara! How are you feeling today?" the perky blonde maid asked a sweet smile and a curtsy as Lunara entered the room causing the curls in her hair to bounce around in their side ponytail. The room was filled with stacks of books and scrolls, but it seemed Emily and Robin had did their best to keep the room as tidy as possible consider the sweet smell that hung in the air of the tea tray mixing with gentle smell of the herbs the servants used while cleaning."Would you like some tea or something while you're here?" Emily offered gesturing with one hand the tray of tea and other assortment of pastries that adorned it.

With a small smile and curtsy of her own, "Thank you, Emily. I'm doing quite well, I hope all is well for you too. I think I'll be just fine though, I rather not keep my brother from his research so I will keep this brief," Lunara replied to which Emily nodded and returned to her cleaning and organizing though it seemed Robin was out running an errands considering the lack of his presence in the room. Lunara approached her brother who was quietly scribbling away at his desk while scanning a couple book for information

Prince Caeli sighed for a moment before setting his quill beside his notebook, "How can I help, dear sister?" He replied as set down his book giving Lunara his full attention. He stood up with a slight yawn as her stretched before taking a sip of his tea, he must be stiff from working on his research for so long. Lunara decided to make it quick to and explained her interest in special cases on magic and special creatures that could be found in the restricted section of the library. "Ah! I'm happy to hear you want to do some research of your own. I know father had detailed reports on some of the extinct or dangerous creatures in the restricted as well as cases of unknown or dangerous magic. I believe you'll find what you're looking for, good luck," Caeli replied with a simple nod bidding his sister farewell before returning to his work.

The new found information gave her some hope of obtaining some info to help Kyu. Princess Lunara headed for the restricted section getting detailed info the case file of Kyu's family before and after the incident, blood magic, and reports on mythical creatures to cover up the important documents just in case. Once everything she thought would be useful, Lunara returned to her room then carefully placed the papers in her desk drawer and locking. Inside she could find her maid, Rebecca, with a pair of other maids finishing the cleaning of her room and lighting candles. They stopped what they were doing to curtsy to their princess. "I didn't think you'd, be back so soon, Princess Lunara. We are just about finished with cleaning, so would you be needing anything else" Becca offered as she finished up with the other ladies.

"I believe I'll be alright, if you can bring up my dinner with some tea that would be a great help. I'll be taking a bath before dinner I should be back soon. Thank you," Lunara replied with a smile and a small curtsy before taking her leave. The bath was nice and relaxing after a day out with Kyu, her hair was still damp even after ringing it out nicely. When she returned to her room Rebecca was setting her food in the room bowing her head as she left to give Lunara some time to enjoy her dinner which was amazingly delicious as to be expected. Once she finished she gather the dishes carefully on the tray placing on one of a small table within her room as her eyes fell on her desk filled with books neatly stacked upon it with the files she has gathered. Her hand gentle touched the files with curiosity picking us Kyu's feeling its lightness compare to that of sightings of unicorns and the ever fleeting phoenix.

With a soft sigh as her eyes fell on a well worn and beloved book, Legend of the Secret Door. Picking it up to relax with a cup of tea by the window standing in the moonlight when she heard a knock on the door. "Ah, yes! Come in," Lunara replied cheerfully to see Kyu making finish up her tea, "Good evening, Kyu! I actually had some news on what I found in the restricted section that I wanted to go over with you before I get ahead of myself. Would you mind staying for a bit?" Lunara asked as she pushed he silvery white hair from clinging to her face.
    Last edited by CrimsonLady180; 06-29-2020 at 03:29 AM.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

At Lunara's welcome, Kyu walked into her room and bowed a hello to his lady. Supper and tea had already been delivered; was he interrupting? But the warm way she ushered him in made it hard to feel like he was really a bother. He first surveyed the room, trained to notice anything out of the ordinary that he could tidy or fix. Finding no such thing, he took a seat in one of the plush chairs and perked up at the princess's words.

Lady Lunara had been going through restricted records? Why? Kyu thought. Had she been so moved after their chat that afternoon? But Kyu wasn't hopeful. True he hadn't scoured the records she had access to, but he doubted they had anything of note for him. After all, who would care to put information about his family into confidential files? But he nodded softly, ready to hear Lunara out, if only to humor her. Though a small part of him wondered if maybe there were was something, some name he could chase, some magical explanation, anything that would justify the longing he felt for the people who should have been dead.

"You know I never mind keeping your company," Kyu responded evenly. "I haven't any plans for the evening anyway." He noticed for the first time that she must have just bathed; her hair was still wet. Even just after bathing, she had this grace about her, this shine. Absently Kyu wondered if that was because of her upbringing. Surely he would never look like she did, or like the other members of her family. But he soon dismissed the thought, cursing himself for the distraction altogether. "What have you found that you would like to talk with me about?" he urged.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"I know, but it is polite to ask and not to assume you'd always be available for me. Anyway let us see! I didn't want to look in it without you, but I do hope there is something that can help. Even if it's small," Lunara began as she set her tea cup and book upon the sill she had occupied to pick the file. She read aloud everything in the file which seemed to be even smaller that what she envisioned as she concluded when Kyu was brought to the castle since they both knew what happened after that.

On instinct she was bit her lip then snapped the file closed with a long sigh feeling she let her best friend down. "What's the point of being a princess when I can find more about unicorns and dragon sightings than what my best friend is looking! It's positively ridiculous! I'm sorry, Kyu...," she replying the last part softly placing the file back on her desk. "I wish it was easier for me to help you, I'd be better off finding the Secret Door," she said with a frustrated laugh picking up the book. Her finger grazed fondly over the book's worn cover while curling still damp strands of hair behind her ear with the other hand.

"Do you remember this story? Should we read it together, perhaps that could lighten the mood? Would you like some tea?" Lunara offered taking a sip of her own as she took a firm grip of the book. She finished her tea setting the cup on the tray before settling down on the bed. "Would you like to join me or do you prefer the chair?" Lunara asked wanting to shift the mood setting the book down for a moment to braid her messy hair then picked the book back up into her lap.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kyu could have laughed at Lunara's words. Didn't she realize it was his sworn duty to always be available for her? Her enthusiasm was endearing, but as she began to read from the file she brought, her smile wavered. Kyu could have already guessed what it contained; it was the story of his family, of the night someone had broken into their home. He had wanted to steal from them, poor as they were, and when Kyu's family woke, he saw no other option but to kill everyone. Mujoku, Natsu, Yumomo, Ezekiru, Chi. As Lunara's tongue felt around the foreign names of the family members Kyu had lost, he turned away. But baby Kyu, too blind and deaf and young to know what was happening, remained silent, unaware, undetected, safe.

He'd read the story a thousand times, but it never hurt any less. As Lunara read, Kyu found his hands moving, as if on their own. His family, before they died, had tried to teach him a signed language. Though words fluttered from his memory long ago, he could still form the shapes of their names, the fist of the M's, the cave's of the C's. To his surprise, tears formed at his eyes, but he quickly blinked them away. He could not cry for people he never knew.

When Lunara closed the file, Kyu let out a long sigh. Of course she wouldn't be able to help. He shifted awkwardly, smiling gently. "It is alright," he said, instinct, but was it? Why did no records know his family's whereabouts? He shook his head, and at the mention of the princess's fairy tale, his features lit up. "Of course I remember," he said with a soft chuckle. "I am surprised you still have that old book. I used to read it to you every night, didn't I?"

He moved closer to her and gently took the book from her hands. The cover was worn, loved; they had reread it many times together. It had been the princess's favorite fairy tale, and Kyu's too, and now, he thought rereading it would be just the thing they needed to lighten the mood. He poured himself a cup of tea and dared to sit beside her, then opened up the book and started to read.

It was like reliving a childhood he had cherished. The fairy tale, about a little girl finding a door that could take her anywhere in the world, was full of wild creatures and wholesome feelings. By the time Kyu finished reading, his eyelids were growing heavy, and a yawn escaped him. He apologized for it and shut the book. "Perhaps it is time for bed," he suggested, handing the book back to the princess. "Thank you, my lady. For trying, and for reminding me of this book."
    Last edited by Ashen; 07-16-2020 at 04:16 AM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

It was like reliving a childhood he had cherished. The fairy tale, about a little girl finding a door that could take her anywhere in the world, was full of wild creatures and wholesome feelings. By the time Kyu finished reading, his eyelids weer growing heavy, and a yawn escaped him. He apologized for it and shut the book. "Perhaps it is time for bed," he suggested, handing the book back to the princess. "Thank you, my lady. For trying, and for reminding me of this book."

A part of the princess felt guilty for trying to help, but seeing Kyu's enthusiasm when speaking about the book made her feel a little better. She hoped she could make it up to him in some way no matter how small. Lunara never meant to cause any pain, but she has a tendency of feeling as if she is causing trouble for everyone. She glanced at Kyu who's expression had seemed to have lighten up at the mention of their favorite book. "Maybe I can do something right," she muttered softly to herself with a small smile in response.

When Kyu moved closer to small warm smile spread across her face with a small giggle as he gently took the book from her. Lunara decided to curl up beside him as he grab his own cup of tea and sat beside her to read it together. Her imagination ran wild as her mind gave life to the words Kyu was reading. Daring fights, a bit of romance, many forms of magic, even some twists and surprises towards the end which even knowing them ahead of time still made for an enjoyable read every time.

As the story came to a close Lunara's mind began to wander thinking about the possibilities of having her own adventures like the one in her book. What's to say it isn't based on someone's adventures that they had themselves! She even posed the ability to use magic and information on magical creatures, something about just has to be true... Fueled with a sense a resolve Lunara hopped up from her seat grabbed a bag and started to pack some clothes in it. "I can't sleep thinking this could be possible! Maybe the Secret Door is out there somewhere and I want to be the one to find it... I'm leaving before anything can change my mind, I know in my heart that something about this has to be real," Lunara replied as continued to pack the things she thought may be go to have on a long trip like this.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Lunara's sudden movements startled the sleepy Kyu, who looked up at her with wide eyes. His vision had always created mosaics of the world, but even then he could see the smile on her face. Certainly just reading a children's tale hadn't brought her to such a reaction? But then she spoke, and Kyu's heart fell. She wanted... to look for the Secret Door? He knew she wasn't happy here in the castle, and that she wanted to get away from the life of a princess, but going out and chasing a fairy tale like this was incredibly unwise, even childish. Not to mention that the king would kill him for letting her leave.

"Now, my lady," Kyu started, struggling to find the proper words to shut this down easily. She was already starting to pack for a trip, shoving clothes into a bag. Where had this new resolve come from? Kyu stood and placed the book down gently. He walked up to Lunara and shifted. "I suggest not making any brash decisions so late at night. Would it not be wiser to wait, to sit on this, and to think things over? This story was written by someone to entertain children; the likelihood of such a magical door existing in our real world is minuscule at best. Doesn't this seem like you might be jumping at the possibility to escape this life? We all have responsibilities we must attend to..."

But as he spoke, he found himself unsure of his own words. Kyu paused and turned away, deep in his own thoughts. He understood why this was coming. He understood that the princess was just about miserable here. True, the king would not understand if they left in the middle of the night, and Kyu would give his life to do what his king asked of him... but was it not also his duty to protect the princess? And if she were forced to live where she was unhappy, just how well was he doing his job, anyway? His confidence wavering, Kyu shifted awkwardly.

"Can we not take a moment to think things over?" he pleaded. He didn't know how well they would be able to live out there, searching for something that likely didn't exist, a pampered princess and her disabled guide. But a part of him had to wonder if she was right, if that door did exist, and if it would be able to take him where he wanted to go most of all.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast