Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] Legend of the Secret Door (Ashen & Crimson)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Fantasy [M] Legend of the Secret Door (Ashen & Crimson)

It's another warm and sunny day in the city of Nebula, not a cloud in the sky to be seen but a gentle breeze to help keep cool. The city was filled with children's laughter, the hammering of master craftsmen, as hooves of transportation animals clicking against the cobblestone. The chattering of the people moving about made this a lively day, yet some people didn't feel so lively like most of the people.

A young woman lays on the grass quietly humming to herself with her eyes closed, enjoying the sun warming her olive skin as wind gently tussles her glittering silver hair. She daydreams of a life filled with excitement, adventure, romance... anything to escape the monotony she has become accustomed to. "Why does being a princess need to be so tedious...?" Lunara mutter softly to herself with a sigh feeling mildly annoyed. She looked to the bright blue sky wondering if this was all her life had to offer besides getting married off or being an adviser to her brother when he becomes the next King of Stellae.

Luna quickly pushed away her thoughts deciding to enjoy the castle's garden for the time being before someone comes looking for her, especially since this is her favorite getaway spot. Listening to the birds chirping and the wind whispering around her always put Lunara at ease. She slowly returned to humming softly considering sneaking off for a trip to the lake to cheer herself up.

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Library books trickled down towering shelves, landing with a thundering crash that reverberated through vacant halls. Dozens landed on the ground with their pages now bent or torn, while others snagged on other shelves. Panicked, a thin man stepped away from the books, failing to dodge one that hit him square in his chest. He swore to himself and tried to catch others, to no avail. In only a few moments, he was standing among a fallen collection of the castle's most valued tomes.

Color rushed to his dark cheeks as he moved to pick up the books he'd dropped. He'd been looking for a specific book, one about herbology for one of his fellow servants, when his hand had slipped and caused several books to fall. Now, as he surveyed the damage, he violently cursed himself. If only he wasn't such a klutz. He fixed the shelves in mere minutes, working swiftly and efficiently before anyone else noticed anything out of place. Grabbing the book he'd been searching for, he started out of the library, determined to mess up nothing else that day.

Kyu prided himself on being a good servant. There were many things he could not do because of his eyes or his ears, poorly functional at best, but he still gave his all to everything he needed to do. He owed it to the royal family, the only ones who would dare take in the disabled child he was. Now, as a man, he had a sworn duty to the family and to the castle, and he would continue serving them until his dying breath.

He delivered the book to the servant who was unaware of the struggle he'd been through. With that done, Kyu had time to spare before he had to help with lunch. Kyu made his way to the castle gardens then, knowing that was where the princess would be. She had been down in the dumps lately, and Kyu wanted to help her, even if he didn't quite know how. He didn't hear her until he was right behind her, and only then did he realize she was humming. Kyu backed away, not wanting to disturb her. He let her finish her song before greeting her with a smile. "Lady Lunara," he said with a bow, his ponytail falling off his shoulder to dangle before him. He stood firm and tried to search her face for her mood. "How are you this morning?" he asked. "Feeling any better? I put in a word to the chefs, and they'll be preparing your favorite for dessert today."
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

For a moment the warm sun let her mind drift off almost nodding in and out sleep. "This feels nice...," she muttered dreamily to herself. Soon she was whisked away into a short dream where the song that has featured in a many of her dreams lately. However the dreams always seemed hazy, but the melody continued to resonate with her. She began to drift back already humming once more when she was suddenly startled by Kyu's presence.

As Lunara finished humming she quickly sat up smoothing out her hair to remove any grass and leaves. "Oh! Hi Kyu, I should of figured you'd be the first to find me," she greeted with a gentle smile as she rose from her spot. She sighs softly as she cleaning off her dress then returning her attention to Kyu her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm, "I have the most wondrous idea! I wanted to go for a ride to the lake today, it's so nice out and I bet it will be beautiful. I'm sure some fresh air will cheer me up! Please say you'll come with me and perchance we can have a picnic," she begged hoping he'd go along with it.

A big bright smile crossed her face, one that can be seen when she is truly happy making her amethyst colored eyes sparkle like stars in the night. Lunara gently held Kyu's hands as she asked once more, "Please, Kyu?" Even though Kyu has been her servant and playmate since she was young Lunara always looked forward to spending her free time with him considering Kyu is her best friend beside her teacher Rebecca. The thought of only having two friends made her feel a little lonely as the desire for adventure only grew causing her smile to falter for a moment, but she was at least happy for the people in her life.
    Last edited by CrimsonLady180; 03-20-2020 at 05:27 AM.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kyu was taken aback by the lady's request. He stammered for a few moments, wondering how possible it would be for them to slip away now. Lunch preparations hadn't started yet--or they were just starting now--so asking to leave shouldn't have been too much of a problem. And, while Kyu did enjoy spending time with his lady, he was always more cautious outside the castle walls. Anything could happen to Lunara out there, and he doubted his own abilities to protect her well. "Well," he said quietly, thinking things over, "I shall see what I can do, hm?"

He excused himself and dipped back into the castle. The lake was a serene place for a picnic; nothing ever happened there, and that made it a good place to read or daydream. Kyu had escaped there many a time after all his duties were taken care of, and he had gone there with the royal family more than once over the years. Maybe the scenery was all the lady needed--that, and some time away from these lonely halls. Convincing himself it was a good idea, he went to talk with Lunara's parents, hoping they would agree.

It didn't take long for him to get permission. Kyu hurried to the kitchen to prepare their picnic, packing just the right amount of food for the two of them and an extra helping of dessert, hoping it would cheer up his lady. He bundled the lunch in a basket and, only after taking his broadsword from the armory--for protection, he'd been assured countless times while learning to wield it--did he return to the gardens.

Lunara was still there. Kyu was happy to deliver to her the good news. "We should be just about set to take off," he said, motioning towards the basket and the sword at his hip. "Is there anything you would like help packing? I've made arrangements to take two of the horses with us, unless you would prefer to go by foot?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Lunara bounced up and down happily at the news after Kyu left her side she hurried off to her room wanting to change into a more comfortable dress. Her shoes could be heard clicking through the halls and up the stairs of one of the towers and off to her room. As she hurried into her room she found her maid, Rebecca, was inside cleaning her room. "Oh! Princess Lunara, it seems you're good spirits today. What are you up to?" Becca asked with a smile happy to see the young girl happier than she has been the last few days.

"Kyu is going to see if he can take me to the lake for a picnic! I came up to change in a dress that's more comfortable," Lunara replied smiling back as she started to get changed. Rebecca offered her help which Lunara happily accepted changing out of her grass stained dress into a pretty pale blue dress as well as french braiding her long silvery hair with a matching silky blue ribbon. Rebecca compliment the princess causing her to blush, as she looked up at her maid the asked quietly, "Would you mind putting a little make up on me? I want it to be pretty like yours...," The maid was more than happy to help doing a light makeup on Lunara's lips and around her eyes subtly.

After sometime passed Lunara felt she was ready and as she left her room the princess decided take a short cut to get back down to the garden. When she returned it seemed Kyu hadn't come back yet, she sat down waiting on the bench. When Kyu returned and heard the good news made her ecstatic, "I'd love to go for a ride on my horse, it has been some time since I've had a chance to ride anywhere. Would that be okay? We should bring some carrots or apples for the horses," Lunara said offering the idea to Kyu with a smile.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kyu was glad to see the way the princess's demeanor completely changed when he brought her the good news. She looked different; she'd changed her dress, styled her hair. Her maid must have helped for her to have done it all so fast. Her features blurred, but even he could see the way she seemed to bounce on her heels. He couldn't help but smile in return. "Let us be off then," he said, and together they started to the stable.

Kyu was quick to retrieve the horses. In truth he didn't like the beasts; he couldn't see well when he was atop one, and it was difficult to put his full faith in an animal. Still, he knew how to ride, and he knew Lunara would be able to quell the beasts should anything go awry. He stored some apples for them into the picnic basket. After helping Lunara onto her horse, he took his place atop his, and they set out to the lake.

The road was memorized. Kyu had made an effort to memorize routes to most places of interest, as he couldn't quite rely on landmarks to locate himself. The way to the lake wasn't long, shorter still on horseback, so they arrived within a few minutes. Once dismounted, Kyu tired the horses to a nearby tree and tossed them each an apple to keep them occupied for a short while. He set out the blanket he'd packed and invited Lunara to sit on it.

"We've noticed you've been down, my lady," he said. His gaze was on the crystalline waters, the gentle green blotches he knew to be grass. His eyesight failed him, but he still enjoyed the change in scenery, the different colors, the lights of nature. "Is there anything I can help you with?" he went on. "You would know to ask, yes?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Lunara nodded in agreement almost skipping to the stable, but she did her best to be well behaved even in only Kyu's presence. As the horse were being lead out of their stables Lunara grabbed a brush for the horse. She began humming softly as she brushed the horses they will be taking out for a ride. Her love for animals made it easy for her to feel calm around animals and wanting to keep them relaxed around her. Once helped onto her horse Lunara adjusted herself to ride sidesaddle since she's wearing a dress to make it a bit more comfortable.

As the pair rode out to the lake the princess took in the sights of the town, "It's nice to be out of the castle," she commented with a soft smile. Princess Lunara greeted the townsfolk that recognized her especially the children playing throughout the town as she followed Kyu trying not to get too distracted. It was a quick ride and soon the lake easily came into view, the shimmering crystal blue waters and the sounds of the waves gently lapping up against the shore made her stress seem to melt away. Once she saw Kyu dismount she did the same to help him tie the horses to the nearby tree.

The young princess busied herself with the horses petting them and giving a little attention when she looked over Lunara can see Kyu setting down a blanket and patting the spot next to him. She nodded and made her way over sitting beside Kyu carefully fold her dress around her staring out to the lake. Kyu's voice snapped her focus from the lake back to him as she considered her words a sigh escaped her lips, "I see, I'm sorry if I've worried all of you...," she replied trailing off. "There isn't much of anything anyone can do for me, I just feel a little lost right now I guess... I crave some kind of adventure, but I know I need to be well behaved like a princess. But there isn't anything that I could ask of you unless you want to run away with me," Lunara said with a small giggle then continued to ask, "I do want to ask. Are you happy with us in the castle? Is there anything that you wanted to out of life?"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kyu absently watched the horses from the corner of his eye. Lunara had given them the attention he didn't quite feel comfortable giving, so they would be satisfied for now. He had to marvel at the way such a small lady could calm such gigantic creatures, but then, Kyu had always been impressed by Lunara's way with animals. He hadn't the affinity for them at all, mostly feared the ones larger than himself, but with Lady Lunara, he felt at ease. The horses would be still around her, and they could relax during their picnic.

She spoke, and a blush ran to color his cheeks. "Run away?" he repeated, voice small. She was laughing, but Kyu wasn't all that sure she had been joking. To run away with the princess would be the greatest betrayal to the king, the selfless man who had taken him in as a child, despite all the things that made him impossible to care for. Kyu couldn't dream of doing such a thing. But if Lunara properly asked him to, would he be able to refuse his lady? She wasn't happy in the castle, and anyone could see that; wasn't it his job to make her conditions better in any way he was able?

Thinking about it brought him a headache. Kyy smiled softly, though his chest heaved uncomfortably. To run away with a princess--what would anyone think of him then? He tried to shoo the thoughts, concentrating instead on her own question. "I have no complaints about life in the castle," he answered. "The king and queen treat me kindly, and the other workers hold me in high regard. I have a library of tomes at my disposal, a meal every day, a warm bed. For what more could a commoner ask? I am forever indebted to your family; you know that."

But what did he want out of life? Kyu didn't know about that one. "I am not sure how to answer your question, my lady," he admitted. "I never expected anything out of life, you know. I wasn't wanted, and every opportunity I have had has been due to incredible luck and kindness of those around me. If I had to say... I suppose my one greatest wish would be... to find my family."

Kyu had mentioned it before, finding the family he'd been taken from. Everyone knew the rumors; Kyu had been orphaned as a baby when his home was invaded and his family members all murdered. He had been too young to remember any of it, too blind and deaf to even be aware of his surroundings, but a part of him believed--a part of him knew--his family, his father, mother, sister, and brother were all out there, somewhere. He wanted to meet with them.

"I must sound insane to you," he admitted softly, a chuckle following his words. "But I suppose... I shalt not rest until I know for myself what became of them." He turned back to Lunara, smiling. "Never mind my childish prattle."
    Last edited by Ashen; 05-04-2020 at 12:13 AM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Don't worry I was kidding, silly! Running away would only make things worse I'm sure, I wouldn't want to upset my parents and get anyone in trouble that knew my intentions so don't worry... You're so adorable when you blush," she replied with a giggle and a big smile. It was cute to see Kyu blush, but thinking about running off to adventure of her wasn't a thought she could easily ignore. Lunara shook it away not wanting to make everyone's lives more difficult because she wanted to be selfish.

A soft sigh escaped her lips feeling bad for even asking her question, "I know... We are lucky to have people like you by our side, I'm sorry, it was silly of me to ask," she replied softly biting her lip a little feeling annoyed with herself. Lunara wondered what she expected asking that most of the servants seemed happy in the castle and their kingdom did allow people to work against their will though she wasn't ignorant of the fact that not all kingdoms were like the one she lived in. "Wanting to find your family makes sense to me, if I thought for even a moment someone I cared for was still out there somewhere I would want to look for them no matter how long it took. Have you ever considered looking for them? I'm sure my father could help aid you if you asked. I'd help but I honestly don't think I'd be much help," Lunara continued as she held Kyu's hands giving them a reassuring squeeze and a soft smile.

Lunara shook her head at Kyu, "Not in the slightest honestly. I'd say that's a completely sane desire is to see where you came from. If I'd want to visit my aunt's kingdom to get a better understanding of my mother there is nothing crazy about it. I think it is only natural to know where you came from, what they are like, and perhaps what had happened to have you all separated to begin with. I can only imagine how you may feel, but I doubt I scratch the surface. Either way I'd want to be by your side if that would be okay with you," she offered to her best friend if he ever considered the idea.

She gentle let go of Kyu's hands to grab a couple apples out placing one to Kyu's hand then taking a bite out of her own. "At any rate let's enjoy our afternoon, there's no telling when we'll get another beautiful moment like this," Lunara said quick finishing her apple then leaned her head on his shoulder closing her eyes enjoying the sounds of water lapping against the shore.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Kyu hated being being the center of attention, and when Lunara called him adorable, his cheeks only darkened fiercely. "Er, my lady," he started, but his voice cracked, and he thought it less embarrassing to stop talking. By his accounts, Kyu was a very average-looking man. His skin, not pale but not dark, was unremarkable, his eyes were small and brown, and his coppery hair was always tied back in the same tail, always with several strands astray, no matter how recently he'd done it. He was far from adorable, he thought, especially when compared to someone like Lady Lunara. Did she really think--? No, Kyu thought, whatever silly thoughts Lunara was entertaining would be stopped then.

He tried instead to focus on the rest of the conversation. "I have tried, yes," he mumbled, turning away to face the water. "Everyone I have asked has laughed me away. You understand public records state the entire Vilican Clan is... dead. No one would trust me over the reports from that day. I was two years old, after all, and completely blind and deaf. What would I know about my family's survival then? But I just... I feel that they're out there, somehow, somewhere." He shook his head, chuckling lightly. "I've even asked your father, my lady. He's said the same things. According to him, there is no way I could remember something that happened over two decades ago, not how I was. And he's right, of course. I'm just... being silly."

Kyu knew how illogical it all sounded. He knew the king, and everyone else he'd asked for help, were right. He had been a toddler. What could he have remembered? He didn't even know his parents' faces, his sibling's voices. He was but a fool. But why did he feel that everyone else had been wrong? Why did he feel like, if he could just go look for them, he would find his missing family of four?

He shook his head. "Never mind that." He took the apple Lunara offered him and bit into it. When Lunara leaned against him, he jumped a little, but he soon relaxed. He was too jumpy; he needed to calm down. At least his lady looked happy. That was all he could ask for. "We are welcome to come here when you want to," he reminded her. "You only need say the word, you know?"
    Last edited by Ashen; 05-11-2020 at 06:25 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast