Thread: New Beginning inquiry

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default New Beginning inquiry

Okay so I got this idea from YouTube. You were sentenced to prison for so many years and when the time came for your release, you have awoken in a different body. Thrown in a world inside of a robotic machine. No idea of how it happened and no idea of what will happen in the next world.

Does this intrigue anyone?

Spunky Monkey
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It does indeed intrigue me.

Is there anything more you can tell us? The setting in particular seems interesting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The new beginners become shock of what happens to them. And the Enforcers force them to leave the prison facility. Like a giant wall building that stretches from one side across the country literally dividing between human and machines. While leaving there are two individuals that meet them and show them how to survive.

Finding junk like half torn cars can be scrapped down to make armor, body replacements and weapons or build a home. Power cells are what keeping the body going so searching for these will be hard.

Spunky Monkey
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

So it's a pretty futuristic, sci fi setting.

Body mods and things of that nature aren't really my thing, but I wish you all the best.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The body mods was something on my part. But the ending of this video kind of gave me the idea of it. And thank you!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@Grunt; Let's see if I've got this right - you're a prisoner, but on the day of your release you wake up inside a cybernetic body, and instead of returning to society, you're kicked out.

Is the body completely robotic, complete with a positronic brain imprinted with your memory engrams? Or are you a cyborg, where your brain is still human, inside a braincase that's been inserted into your cybernetic "head"?

Do you come out looking human, full android body, or more robotic, not as stylized as say a bending unit from Futurama? Do you even still have a humanoid form? Are we using human speech (sound), clicks and whistles (R2D2), or radio transmissions?

What does the city get out of it? Why place you in a robotic body before sending you out in exile? Robotic bodies won't be cheap. Does the city pay you in power cells and spare parts to drag chunks of metal to the wall to be recycled? No wonder you have to armor up! Some may decide to skip the work and steal from the ones that do. Or go savaging.
    Last edited by Enigma; 03-12-2020 at 01:48 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If you ever watched Alita Battle Angel it would be similar to that. Human Speech is still usable unless the vocals were damaged and can be replaced. Depending on their crime which would be major then yes, they would be kicked out of human society into a robotic world which would be considered a death sentence. There would be certain areas the humans can trade but their demands are very high.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Very familiar with Alita Battle Angel, yes. She's a brain-cased cyborg soldier who ran into one of the defensive rings on the tether cables. She had a reason to be full cyber.

I don't see them turning a prisoner into full cyber if they had a choice, however. Far easier to dump them below in their natural bodies and let them fend for themselves. If they're putting them into cyber bodies, there has to be a reason for it. Something the city wants.

There may even be a time limit.

Ever watch the anime Deadman Wonderland? The premise there is there's a theme park where prisoners participate in deadly events in order to earn their antidote to the poison that's being pumped into their systems by the collars they wear. So perhaps your cyborgs have to earn in order to receive maintenance and get powered up, as they don't have a mini-reactor powering them.

What video did you watch that inspired this?
    Last edited by Enigma; 03-12-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤