Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Escaping Salvation IC [M] (A PK and Koti Story)

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Tanya spent the better part of the afternoon tending to the animals and crops, occasionally checking up on her guests when the moment arose. She even helped show Cora how to clean the dishes, finding the moment oddly comforting and chuckling at Coras attempts, well intended as they were. She felt herself relax as she dried her hands off before the sounds of trumpeting could be heard. Tanya froze at that, her face showing a mess of emotions before turning to look at the girls. Without so much as a word, she motioned the girls to follow her, not a word spoken of her actions.

“In here, quick please. Just .. give me a bit of time, okay?” Tanya requested of the sisters, shooing them into a previously locked room, not daring to look in herself. Tanya gave the young girls a pleading look to remain silent, closing the door on them as the sounds of the oncoming carriage came to a stop. Tanya placed her hands on the doorframe for a moment before pushing herself off, a deep breath filling her frame as she moved to the entrance to greet her guest. With an affixed smile, she moved towards the entrance, smiling at the robed man who was walking up the path.

“May the light shine down, my love.” Tanya greeted her husband, placing the palm of her hand against her hand and bowed, a greeting of love between the two. He returned the gesture, his bow short and born of formality rather than emotion. Tanya remained silent as he moved in and gently placed his arms around her. She could smell the long road across his body, the scent of sun drenched grass and baked dirt coating his robe.

“Tanya my dear, it is good to see you well. I am only here for a short visit, as I must prepare for the ceremonies tomorrow.” He spoke, his voice distant as he moved into the house, looking around. He could see the mislaid books and drying dishes, his presence one of familiarity and command while inspecting the place. Tanya followed after, a measured pace just behind him as he traversed the house.

“I do wish that you would allow me to bring in a maid. It seems the pregnancy has tired you out.” He mentioned, turning again to look upon her. She smiled at him, though the words stung her chest. Again, his worry only came about for the child, not of her own personal health or happiness.

“I promise you that I am fine my dear, I had just been enjoying the day. The chores are not a hassle, and you know the clerics say work is best for early pregnancies.” Tanya brushed off his concerns, feeling that she was having to defend herself for just wanting to live normally.

“No, this time I must insist. I shall find someone suitable to come over, we have the spare room for them to use.” He spoke, ignoring the soft gasp that escaped her lips. Her eyes flitted across the closed door, knowing the room that lay beyond and the implications of another living in that room.

“I will make sure someone will help renovate the room to be more fitting for a live-in maid, until the pregnancy has passed. I do this --”

“No, I promise I don’t need anyone else living with me, nor do we need to change that room.” Tanya spoke, a shudder in her voice as she fought back tears.

“Tanya, Celest will be graduating tomorrow and joining the Clerics. She has no need for such a childish room.” Her husband spoke, bringing her to a stop. Tanya stared at the man, feeling tears well in her eyes again. There was no love in that name, and knowing just how long it had been since hearing that was like a dagger to her gut. Even worse, she hadn’t even known that her own daughter was graduating tomorrow at the ceremony, having received very little word from her.

“She, our daughter, is graduating tomorrow. When is the ceremony, I must prepare.” Tanya spoke, already planning out what she needed to do to prepare for the next day, and how to politely excuse herself from her guests to attend.

“Relax Tanya, there is no need to attend. I do not wish to cause you undo stress, so I insist that you remain here for the time being.” He spoke, holding up his hand to cease her worry and action. She stalled, her mind locking in place as she looked to him. Was he being serious? Denying her the chance to see her own daughter graduate and join the proud clerics, a daughter she hasn’t seen since she had left for school. This .. this was no longer her husband, but someone else, a cold calculating man that only thought of the betterment of others. She held back tears, balling her right fist behind her back, enough to feel her nails bite deep into flesh.

“I … yes my love. I shall remain here, as you wish. I am glad you came to visit, but I request your leave so that I may rest, as today has been long and strenuous.” Tanya spoke, giving the customary bow with one hand across her stomach, common of all her people. He nodded in agreement and followed her to their room, pausing to grab his needed materials for the next day, bidding her a well rest before leaving, letting a cold silence flow through the house. It was a few moment longer before her voice could be heard, strained through the effort of holding in her sadness.

“You.. can come out now.”

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Enivid found some amusement in her sisters struggle to do a menial chore but said nothing, simply enjoying the quaint little moment as her metallic tail lightly tapped the floor. Their quite little moment was interrupted abruptly as the sounds of trumpets. Cora perked up about ready to head to the window and peek out only to be stopped. Enivid was the only one of the two to see the mess of emotions contorted across their hosts face before they were led into a room. Cora was confused but before she could ask what was going on Tanya told them to just give her a bit of time. Was it a guest? did she not want them to be seen? what would happen she wondered. As curious as she was she leaned against the door and pressed her ear to it.

Enivid curled her tail around her paws and cocked her head, but peered around the room. It was a child's room, so full of color. Easily recognizable even for her. She replied what Tanya had already told them connecting that this must have been the room of their latest child, a young girl by the decorations of flowers and animals. but a fine layer of dust had settled into the unused room. Even Enivid could feel for this women, not knowing how anyone or anything could put a person though such emotional turmoil and not expect them to be... unhappy. She looked back to the door as she could hear voices but not quite making everything out until the pair got closer.

Cora frowned, balling her hands into fists against the door, but she remained stationary. How could this man, who claimed to be her husband, be so cold towards her? Couldn't he see, couldn't her HEAR that Tanya was upset? did he not care? It angered Cora, out of the two sisters Cora was the one who felt deeply. but even Enivid could feel her annoyance with this man rise. She was cold, and she found it difficult to relate to people but even she found blatant fault with the way he treated his wife. She didn't understand people, and she didn't understand these people. But in a way... she did connect with it. After all... she and Cora had no love for each other for the longest time. But still they had worked out their differences with time, and Enivid was much more aware of the emotional impact such an event could have on someone.

As the house went quite. Cora placed her hand on the knob, waiting for a moment before she heard Tanya's voice. Cora left the room quietly, followed by Enivid's light cat paws as they moved through the house to Tanya's room.

"Tanya..." Cora said softly gazing at the women. "You don't deserve to be treated like that. No one dose." She said finely crouching down in front of the women once more, looking more Ernest then before. If it hadn't been clear at her outburst before, it was certainly more clear now. "Your unhappy here." She said reaching out once more, her soul aching for the women as she took her hand. "I don't think anyone who cared about you would want you to be this unhappy." She said.

"She's right, no one truly deserves unhappiness, though it comes in everyone in life. I have a hard time that even this... sinless one would allow one of his devout followers to feel this left alone, this..." Enivid trailed off for a moment fixing her gaze on the women. "I don't think you have failed the sinless one." she said finely. "I'm not sure that he has failed you... but I can tell you that your society has failed you." Enivid said slowly but firmly. "Perhaps its time that your people learned the truth of whats beyond the wall."

Cora looked from her sister back to Tanya. "Come with us, I'll show you everything! It will be the adventure of a life time. And who knows. Maybe you'll find something to love on the other side." she said offering a smile. "Like your baby." She could feel that connection with Tanya. She knew what it was like to be sad, perhaps not as low as she felt right now but she understood. "come with us." She said again.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“I .. wish to be alone.” Tanya spoke, though her tone had no emotion. She turned back over, allowing the conversation to end as Cora and Enivid left the room. Even then she didn’t sleep, her mind running through so many things. The love she had for her husband, had it really blinded her to how low she felt. She let their moments play in her mind, the image of her love slowly turning into the man that had visited her today. Even as the moon hung heavy in the sky, Tanya couldn’t find peace in sleep tonight. Placing the sheets aside, Tanya grabbed the candle sitting by the bedside before lighting it with the strike of a match.

Without a word Tanya exited her room, remaining silent as she passed the sleeping forms of Cora and Enivid, making sure to not awaken her guests as she moved. Her feet carried her before the door to her first daughters room, nerves getting the best of her. Beyond lied a room she had not set foot in years. Placing her hand on its surface, she froze, knowing what lay beyond.

The door opened with a creak, unused hinges protesting as the flickering candle filled the room. Tanya couldn’t help the tears that began to well up as she looked over the room, pristine from the last time her daughter had been in there. Now her daughter was all grown up, set to graduate tomorrow as a new cleric to help the people. Yet here she was, confined to the house like a criminal, unable to see such a joyous moment. Letting her feet carry her, she looked over everything, wanting to burn it into her mind as she came to a conclusion.

Tanya could not remain here. Though she loved her family, the world had abandoned her, leaving her for nothing more than the child she may bear. Cora had made her offer, and even if the world outside was harsh and strange, there could be no more fearful than the life she lived now. Her last act would be to see this room, and tomorrow, she would leave this entire place.

For now, she would prepare for the journey ahead. Tanya needed to pack for who knew how long.

================================================== ===

“Cora, I am going to take you up on your offer. Today, we shall leave through the main gates.” Tanya greeted her guest in the morning, a large satchel slung across her back, filled with clothing and foods that would last a while.

“I have already requested a carriage to take us to the town, but for that to work, I need for you pass off as someone like me. I can let you borrow my clothing, but I need to make you look appropriate for the travel.” Tanya offered up to Cora, though the steel in her voice matched the determination in her eyes. She had made up her mind to leave this place and never look back, despite the ache of abandoning all she had ever known.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora and Enivid had retired at Tanya's bidding. Cora slumped back on one of the chairs and picked up the book she'd been reading earlier while Enivid jumped onto a window seal to peer out at the world growing dark beyond the glass. The place was so quite and after a while the lule of the night brought them both to sleep.

----

Cora rubbed her eyes as she set up as she looked to Tanya. She blinked sleepily at the women for a moment, looking her up and down before a huge smile spread across her face and she jumped up. "Really?" She asked excitedly. Cora was a little confused as she told her that she needed to dress her up to look appropriate for the travel. "huh?"

It didn't take long to get Cora dressed. The clothes fit pretty well, it was finely crafted, if a little coarser then what she was used to. "Almost a perfect fit. Bit dull tho." She said turning to Tanya. "So uh... Nurse maid?" she asked. "I'm sure I can manage." There was a soft grunt from Enivid who rolled her eyes. "If we are going in disguise, it might be best if I stay hidden." she said. "Ya..." Cora agreed. "We should probably put the Robot away for a while. Enivid nodded. "We may need to be ready to switch, if anything goes south." "Ya..." Cora said scratching at her cheek before she leaned down and picked up the Metallic cat. The eyes closed and the body went limp as Cora started carefully stuffing it into her side bag. She quietly adjusted the rest of her clothing her weapons carefully concealed. "We should be ready, whenever you are." Cora said looking up at Tanya with a smile.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“Of course, just let me fix up your hair. Plus, this is traditional garb for the day of Teviv.” Tanya spoke with her, smiling as she began working on Cora’s hair, having to fiddle with it more than she had expected. It felt rather calming to be working on another womans hair, and with how close Cora looked to another, it felt like a chore she would have done with her daughter. It was a hard knot to swallow before pushing on, spending the time in silence while she worked and awaited the carriage. It made her rather happy in her mind as things seemed almost normal.

================================================== =====

When the carriage came to pick them up, Tanya had Cora promise that she allow her to take the lead. Tanya had a large satchel around her arms and a pouch wrapped in her lap. The carriage was a simple horse drawn buggie, open air to allow for the breeze. Tanya waved politely towards the man as he pulled up close, wearing his own robe, though a bit more decorative than their own.

“You are making a close call here dear. Most wouldn’t be willing to head out this far with the celebrations close to start.” The man spoke, though he had a large smile as he hopped down from his seat to help the ladies up.

“I am humbled that you would come out this far. I had no intentions first to head into town today, but my nursemaid said it would be helpful to get fresh air.” Tanya smiled politely as she settled down into her seat, setting the parcel down on the far bench from where the two sat. The man nodded politely as they began to trek back into town.

“So, excited for the festivities today? I hear even one of the daughters of the Magistrate is graduating today.” The man spoke, a sense of pride clear in his voice. Tanya nodded happily as the sounds of dirt road tumbled beneath them.

“Yes I am, I haven’t been to one in a while, and I am looking forward to the sunbreads. Hopefully they are as sweet as I remember them to be.” Tanya offered up as she smiled to Cora,

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora decided now wouldn't be a great time for her to be talking to much, though she still had SO many questions. For now she decided to sit quietly and observe and piece it together by what they were saying. This society was very intriguing and the country side was very beautiful as they rode along. She could feel Enivid clinging around her, the anticipation was strong between the two of them. Enivid was doubtless thinking up a few different scenarios in preparation, but since neither of them really knew what they were getting into... she wasn't sure there really was a way to be prepared.

Cora caught Tanya's smile and offered a smile back. "this is rather exciting." She murmured to Tanya and looked back out to the country side. But she had to admit, she was a little nervous. How would this go down? How would it play out? She wasn't as worried about herself but.. Tanya. She looked back to the women thoughtfully. They would just have to be prepared to be a little more on their toes then normal. No slip ups.

"At least its nice out." She said finely. "that's a good time for a celebration after all."

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“Well of course it’s a lovely day, Teviv be held.” The driver spoke, a small chuckle in his voice. Tanya responded with her own small laugh, giving a polite smile to Cora. While she knew the woman wouldn’t grasp any of the intricacies of their religion, it would be enough to pass for now. She would just have to ham it up for the both of them at the moment.

“Teviv must be extra motivated today, as even the sun seems much cheerier than normal. Not even fully up and I can already feel the warmth of his rays upon me.” Tanya spoke to the man, placing her hands upon her stomach and smiling at both Cora and the driver.

“Ah, you’re looking sunnily today. My wife gets like that when she was carrying our second child. Bright ray of light he was. Named him Tevis, as he was actually born upon the day after the celebration. That boy is going to grow up to be strong, I can feel it.” He responded to them, smiling happily at the two woman as the view of the city finally came in. A sight that still took Tanya’s breath away from her.

The houses and buildings were very old in their design, stone work mixed with wood construction to highlight the white of the stone, no building taller than two stories, save the church in the middle of it all. The gave everything a slight glow and strange beauty to it all.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora glanced at the two before looking out again. It might be hard to masquerade as one of them since she didn't know much so it might be best to keep speaking to a minimum, at for now. Enivid's cool presence floated around her, their thoughts were on the same page as Enivids voice whispered speculation. Instead of speaking directly back Cora tapped her fingers against her palm. simple questions mostly. It was the best way to communicate like this when others could not see or hear Enivid, drew less attention to them in public. Even though back where she was her race was well known, people still had a habit of treating them strangely. It was to be expected after all.

Cora stopped short in one of her rythmatic taps when the city came into view. "Oh... how beautiful." she grinned sitting forward to peer at it as it drew closer. It was a familier set up for a city. but its expertly crafted mixture of stone and wood was quite stunning. "Its always a stunning sight." she added. "No matter how many times I see it..." She could feel Enivids unimpressed frown but ignored it as she looked to Tanya.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“It always is a sight of peace when I come here. Most of us out on the farm don’t get to come into the heart of Cardisyla.” Tanya helped cover for Cora as their driver hummed happily, directing the carriage towards the stable settled nearby the city limits. Tanya sighed some as they pulled to a stop outside the wooden gateway, a few men wearing robes made of a heavier cloth than herself. She could feel the magic thrumming from the man on the left, hood drawn over his eyes, and the hardened look from his partner. They helped uphold the traditions and rules of the city as the driver helped the two ladies down and moved his horse to the stables to rest.

“Good morrow madams, and may Teviv guide you this day.” The hooded man spoke, resting his left hand across his chest with three fingers pointing upwards. Tanya returned the greeting a bit more broadly, yet had her hand position switched, using her right hand and having her fingers pointed downwards. She made sure that Cora would easily see the hand gesture so that she would follow suit. There had only been so much she taught in the time frame, but they didn’t have time to wait. Introductions made, Tanya made a move to enter the city, only to be stopped by a hand on her shoulder. She turned to look at the man on her right, who wordlessly motioned to the small wicker basket near the entrance.

“Oh right, of course. I’m so sorry. Pregnant brain this day.” Tanya spoke, feeling a bit of a sigh as she pulled open the satchel and pulling out a few fresh pieces of fruit to place. She had honestly forgotten about the tribute needed for entry, as the missionaries needed the benefits of the people to help spread the message of the sinless ones. Tanya was about to move on when her stomach dropped some, looking back to Cora, having honestly forgotten about that. Each person who entered had to offer a sign of their works, and she didn’t remember if she had given Cora anything to offer up. She shifted her eyes between Cora and the side pouch, before motioning to the fresh fruit she had placed.

‘Oh please have something to offer them. I am so sorry I had missed this part.’ Tanya panicked mentally, wondering if their mission would fail before it had even really began.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora Mentally froze for a moment as she observed the strange exchange in front of her. The wicker basket was full of little offerings, it seemed to be mostly food but as Enivid pointed out while she was internally panicking for a moment, there was clothing in the basket to. She could see Tanya's tens expression but as Enivid mental push Cora smoothed out her features and carefully fished into her side pack. She had neatly folded clothes inside and carefully took a pair and laid the offering into the wicker basket, silently praying that this would be enough and that her inward panic hadn't shown outwardly as she quietly stepped after Tanya.

It seemed that it was enough as the guards didn't stop them further from entering. Cora remained silent until she was certain no one was in ear shot before she let out a shaky breath. "Well, you could that was so clothes for comfort." Enivid groaned as Cora giggled at her own terrible pun, relieving some of her own tension before looking to Tanya to see how she was doing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast