Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Escaping Salvation IC [M] (A PK and Koti Story)

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Tanya turned her eyes to Cora, tilting her head for a moment as the young woman giggled. Her mind tumbled a bit as she tried to piece together what Cora had said to provoke such humor. It had to be a method to relieve tension after such a close moment to her. Giving Cora a polite smile and pulling the basket closer to her, Tanya motioned them both onwards, leading towards the city proper, the road slowly turning into a soft white colored stone, edges rising up over an entwining river that snaked across the land.

“I know we won't be here long, but I would like to introduce to you my home city, Cardislya.” Tanya spoke as they entered the main center, the streets lined with small buildings that rose up towards the center. Small flowers and other knick knacks decorated the open windows seeking the cooling breeze. Each building looked sculpted from the ground, the same white stone as the building blocks to each house. There was a simplicity that flowed from the simple architect of each house, though brought to life by bright colors ranging from reds to yellows, mixed in with rich greens and patches of blue as though patches of the sky.

Banners hung from between the buildings, deep red with tinges of yellow adorned by a large yellow sun restin in the hand of a strong man, the pose envisioning strength and stoic promise. The further they moved into town, the more the festive actions and sounds became louder and eye catching. Like Tanya, most wore white habits or dresses, moderate and yet appealing to all. Unlike Tanya though, most wore some adornment of reds and yellows, the children wrapped in greens and blues. Music played through the entire town as the two of them moved towards the square, several people greeting them as children darted between their feets.

Upon reaching the center, the festival had blossomed into full light. A massive fountain sat at the center, the intricate design becoming both a water fountain and sundial, each major point of the dial dominated by a carved figure, each one distinct and showing well loved care and age. Two stood out the most prominent, the figure to the north of the compass, with the second being the carving that matched the banners. Flowers, offerings of food and goods decorated both of them as people traded in goods and other trinkets. The delicious smells mixed through the air, making a truly enticing vision of joy.

“Welcome, Cora, to the sun festival, the day of Teviv as he carries the sun across the skies, blessing the lands with the succor of the sun to bring great harvest and fortune to us all, a tireless task.” Tanya said with a face mixed with joy and something else, eyes looking around the statues.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora couldn't be hurt that Tanya didn't giggle along with her, she could sense the confusion. Poor women didn't know what a pun was! They would have a lot to teach her once they get out of here. She glanced at the older women as she spoke. "Cardislya." She mulled over the name as she cast her eyes around the streets, taking in the bright colors and the atmosphere. This place was so breath taking and bright! so unlike her home, not that there was anything wrong with her home but she'd always thought it could use more color! like this!

"This really is quite Pretty!" She smiled at Tanya as the entered the square and tried to take in every detail. "Such wonderful smells, and sights." She could feel Enivids impressed interest. The girl turned around in one spot taking everything in with a huge grin. She was trying not to act out to much but she couldn't help but try and see everything. This place was so interesting, she had so many questions. Enivids voice cut through her spinning thoughts. "We don't have time to sight see, we need locate the gates, we need a plan of exit." "Right." Cora said stilling herself for a moment and focusing her mind before turning back to Tanya again.

"Show us the way Tanya. Enivid and I will hatch up a plan as soon as we know what we are up against." she promised.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“Must there be such a rush, Cora? We have until noon before the main ceremony. Almost everyone will be there. Besides, if you really wish to know where the gate is, they are over there.” Tanya spoke, motioning Cora to the side of the fountain before pointing north. The pathway sloped upwards towards a rather large cathedral settled in the far north, the entwining stone work and stained glass window painting a beautiful church that seemed to gather all the light of the day. As the most prominent building, it stood taller than all the local places around it, yet the workings of the stone made it blend seamlessly into the city if one wasn’t looking directly at it.

Behind it though, stood even more impressive. A tower of red stone stood behind it reaching high into the milky white sky. The deep red stone boomed importance, like the judgement of a higher power looming overhead. With the rising sun upon the stone, it seemed to glow with heat that would burn ones flesh if they touched it.

“From what my husband says, the entrance lays at the base of the tower, doors that only the members of the apostles can open. Almost everyone will be at the ceremony though to watch the newest graduates, so it should be unguarded… I hope.” Tanya spoke the last bit in a whisper, feeling her plan unraveling just enough to worry if she was making the wrong choice. Should she really leave this place for the uncertainty of a world outside that may not actually exist.

Looking to the west, she let her eyes wander the path leading to the main school, where her own daughter Celest was to graduate from today. A child she had not seen in years, nor had any idea of what she may look like at this moment. Her resolve sharpened, feeling very much like the outsider that Cora was. Cardislya was no longer her home anymore, so she might as well see what may live in this world itself.

“Before we go though, there is someone I must see. Would you like to see the festival for yourself?” Tanya offered up a smile to Cora, hopefully to put the girl at ease before they needed to make their escape.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Oh your right, we don't need to be in a rush." Cora nodded in agreement. she had an inkling of how hard this might be for the women. While she'd been eager to leave her home city at first to explore the world. she did get homesick. "But we do need to know what we are up against to formulate a plan. I might like to wing it, but Enivid doesn't. besides he have a precious package to take care of." She smiled though saying it out loud suddenly made her nervous. If anything did happen. if Tanya got hurt... this could be endangering the unborn life still nestled inside of her if anything went wrong.

She fidgeted before regarding the north as the women directed her. taking on the sight of the cathedral, as breath taking and gorgeous as it was it was overshadowed by the tower beyond. their mark. Cora felt a shudder of excitement run through her, suddenly feeling very aware of the people around them and the thrill of pretending to blend in. was this what a thief felt like just before the heist of a lifetime? braking free something so precious that it was guarded by the best security one could muster? This was an entirely different adventure she wasn't expecting. "Right." She said turning back to Tanya suddenly and smiled. She took the women's hands suddenly holding them tightly and fixing her with a firm stare. "If this is what you want. We can do it." she tried to reassure the women, or perhaps herself.

She smiled with as much self assurance as she could muster, bolstering forth her confidence before releasing her hands. "Ya, I think I'll take a look around myself. but I wont stray far from the fountain, if you need me."

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“Good, enjoy some of the festivities.” Tanya spoke, a smile on her lips while she patted the woman's hands. She could feel how determined the young woman was, and felt an eagerness with them. They were determined to see her through this safely, for both her and the child in her womb. Being granted the time to say goodbye to her eldest daughter on the day of her graduation would be most appreciated. With a promise made to meet her after the final bell of noon, she separated from the woman. She moved towards the amphitheater, shuffling through the crowd and slowly lost in the sea of her own people. It would be almost impossible to pick her out of a crowd as she moved through them, a determined force against the rise of her (former) people.

Cora would not be left long, as one of the other men, clad in the traditional garb, moved forward, a joyous smile as he advanced upon them. He was tall, standing an impressive 6 feet and nearly looming over several people around him. Wearing a toga of rich blues and trimmed in a golden yellow, one could tell he was well off, and flaunted what he could have. His body showed signs of duty and strength, muscle poking beneath the uncovered side of his chest. Already he was sizing Cora up, finding the new face rather appealing and already picking out the unsure woman from the crowd easily.

“Good Morrow madam, and may Teviv bless you. May I say, you would be the child of Le-tuz, for the moon must have blessed you with her beauty.” He spoke, sweeping his arm in a semi-circle as he bowed to the woman, a common greeting for their people.

“Sorry to be so sparse, but you look like a lost sheep. I would assume you were born in the farmlands?” He offered up, trying to be pleasing as he righted himself, waiting to see her reaction.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora had watched the older women walk away, quickly losing her in the crowd. Enivid murmured her thoughts out loud. "It was, perhaps, not wise to split up. You are still a stranger to these lands and habits." "Oh...." Cora breathed out as the thought struck her. "It's too late now -" Her Edo was cut short. Cora's eyes were barely able to wander the streets and take in the stalls and colors before someone much larger than herself was towering above her.

Cora turned and peered up at the pleasant smile of a good-looking man. "Oh." Tall, muscled, and handsome he was practically the definition of a looker. She could even feel Enivid sizing him up for a moment with a cold calculation. "Uh, May Teviv Bless you as well!" She said finding herself flustered. Cora already knew she was going to have a hard time not bursting out with loads of questions, it was so hard knowing that if she did she would probably blow her cover, and yet, and yet she had to attempt to blend in but she didn't know how.

She gave a nervous giggle. "You sure know how to flatter a woman." She said shifting before nodding. "R-right I'm not... uh... afforded the opportunity to come here very often, first time really .. being here... on my own." She could practically hear Enivid facepalm. An unwise choice when nervous and in public was to disclose that you were on your own but this is what you got when Cora the social butterfly was both trying not to be a social butterfly and blend in. You got extremely awkward.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234