Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Escaping Salvation IC [M] (A PK and Koti Story)

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Escaping Salvation IC [M] (A PK and Koti Story)

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Inside Cardislya near the southern wall
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was just breaking the horizon, sending the dregs of the night scattering away from the rays. A rooster cawed in the distance, dragging Tanya from a restless sleep. A soft breeze flowed from her open window, carrying it into the small stone farmhouse, the curtains fluttering gently from the stirring winds. She lay there, allowing the breeze to play across her, the sounds bringing nothing to mind. Tanya was tempted to just lay there, allow the day to pass her by, before the daily urgings of her body called forth. A groan escaped her as she lifted herself from the sheets, the morning breeze sending chills across her body.

The mornings were always the roughest, the morning sickness always leaving her feeling weak and tired even after a full night’s rest. No amount of prior pregnancies made it any easier, and this one seemed much worse than she was used to. Most of it she chalked it up to the gnawing coldness in her heart, and the complete silence that wrapped around her small abode. She rested against the water basin, letting the water warm as she wiped the sweat from the body, hair clinging to the back of her neck as she listened to the animals outside the window.

“Mayhaps I’ll go into town tonight. I need to get out of here.” Tanya spoke freely into the air, knowing her wishes were very few at the moment. The animals that needed her attention, the crops that needed to be watered, and the chores around the house left her physically drained by midday, and the mere thought of traveling that distance already made her ankles feel swollen at this age. Her hand rested upon her stomach, rubbing it gently at the pulse of life she could feel just beneath her fingers, knowing that this one would be taken from her as well.

“Oh God, please … let me have this one selfish wish. Show me the way forward with your guiding light. Allow your son, Teviv, to guide your humble lamb into your embrace and my future.” Tanya whispered out a prayer, allowing the steaming water lap against her nude form, easing away morning sickness and ache in her joints. Though, even with this heat, she couldn’t ease the tears that threatened her eyes, that clawing silence invading every inch of her house, broken by the shuffle and gait of the animals, each stirring as the morning sun began to edge more onto the land, chasing away the shadows of the night.

Tanya closed her eyes, willing her body to sink into the water, wanting nothing more than to just let the moment exist. She wanted only the heat to encompass her, delay her work just that little bit longer, escape the world for just a moment more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the Yondas Range
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sounds of footfalls and loose pebbles echoed in the air, a softer metallic ting following one as a pair of travelers braved the fog. Together they wished to explore the cloying fog. Not even the brilliant rays of the sun could break it, leaving shimmering light to pierce through the mist, giving enough light to see the stone under one's feet.

Last edited by Koti~; 03-16-2020 at 01:35 AM.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora waved her hand into the fog with a fascinated stare. "Its so thick." she hissed. "The sun doesn't burn through it, its like its magic!" Enivid hummed to herself, a metallic like purr but she made no comment out loud as she stuck close to Cora's side. Together the two carefully picked their way through the fog, Cora's sure footed nature coming in handy but even she was being cautious with her footing. The founds of their footsteps echoing softly in the fog. It was strangely beautiful, peaceful and haunting.

"Its not wounder not many venture this far." Cora spoke quietly pausing in her steps to take in a deep breath of the cold foggy air and then let it out, watching the it swirl in front of her. "Precisely why your here." Enivid responded with an obvious eye roll tone. Enivid had never been as adventurous as Cora was but she couldn't stop her ida from going off so she was only left to follow. Though it did prove somewhat useful knowledge and material wise, so it was not all bad. Still she would have preferred to be home in a nice, well stocked lab. Perhaps after this little venture Cora would agree to tame her restless body for a few months and stay home.

"Hey look." Cora whispered crouching for a moment to squint through the mist. "Whats that?" Enivid peered through the mist and could vaguely make out a shape, mostly a shadow in the light. "We wont be able to tell from this distance, we need to get closer." she said after a moment flicking her metallic tail before beginning to pick her way down, followed by Cora. It took a minute to pick their way down to the object but once they reached it they soon realized that it was a wall.

"Whoa." Cora gently touched the wall looking it over. "I wounder whats beyond." she murmured thoughtfully. "Perhaps its best to leave it alone, walls are, after all, to keep things out." Enivid murmured. "Or to keep things in." Cora returned starting to walk the wall, peering here and there for some way to get over causing her kindred soul to sigh heavily. "This is not a good idea." She said out loud but Cora was to engrossed in finding out what lay beyond to listen to the cool voice of reason following behind her. Eventually Cora found a rocky outcrop that was close enough by that she could climb to the stop and leap to latch onto the edge of the wall.

Enivid set below, watching as she scrambled to perch on the top, peering over the edge. "What do you see?" she asked cocking her head up to just vaguely see the outline of Cora. "hum" Cora didn't respond squinting, trying to make something out as she kneeled down the wall and leaned far out trying to catch sight of any way down. The wall was old, but solid, for the most part. but as Cora's weight shifted, the stone she was perched on did to.

Cora managed to catch the edge of the wall, but her palms were scraped by the rough stone causing her to lose her grip and fall. "Cora!?" Enivid called a little more concerned this time as her Ida's sillohe vanished and she heard the crash of something on the other side. She quickly ran to the outcrop and began to climb up.

Meanwhile Cora hissed softly in pain looking to her palms which where scraped and bloody before looking to her ankle which was wedged between a few fallen stones, and ached. "Ah... that's not good." she winced leaning forward slowly to reach out and try and shift the stone to see how bad the damage was. Her palms ached as she tried to get a grip on the stone at her awkward positioning to lift the stone off.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Tanya stalled at the noise, having to focus over the sounds of clucking chicks. Was it just her mind playing tricks on her? Nothing had ever come from the wall. Was is just her mind finally breaking on her? She held the feed bag for a few moments longer, debating what to do next. Curiosity got the better of her finally, and so after placing the feed bag away, she took a light jog towards the wall. She didn't know what else was going to be there, other than the wall itself, maybe a farm animal that had escaped the pen. The clouded sky always grew thicker around the wall, enough to obscure the wall a fair bit. She slowed down just a bit, making sure to be wary of any hurt animals?

"It's alright, I'm here to help." Tanya called our, making sure her presence and tone was clear, to not spook any animals. If there was an injured animal, panic would be on the forefront of their minds. As she traveled the fog though, there was no scent of animals that she could tell of, nothing but that of cloud and dirt. She was almost ready to call it a lost cause when she finally spotted the form of a cat, one that had her pause some. She didn't smell the normal scent of a cat, not that she had much of a nose for one. The next that made her panic just a bit more was the shape of a human that became a lot more clear! Judging from the position, the person was stuck by a rock pile, which must have been the sound she heard earlier.

"Oh dear! I'm so sorry that I took so long." Tanya spoke up as she headed towards them, focusing on the rock that she didn't even notice the woman actually stuck under the rock. She moved in, quickly helping removing the stones that were keeping the girl pinned. It took a bit of work, but she finally freed the woman, taking a moment to look at her. Shock bloomed on her face as she took in this woman's appearance.

"Valeria? No… no you're.. who are you?" Tanya spoke with a hushed tone, taken aback by this woman's appearance. She had been so sure that this woman was her eldest, at least from her hair and face. The outfit spoke different, along with the features making it obvious that they were not related to each other.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora couldn't get a grip on the stones, hissing as shifting around just sent pings up her leg. Enivid landed with a light tink as she dropped over the wall quickly turning to Cora to servay the situation when she paused, her metallic cat ears perking up and the two paused, things going still for a moment. "I heard a voice."

Cora breathed slowly shifting once more with a hiss as she tried to position her other foot on the stone in an attempt to push it off. "Why are rocks so heavy?" she hissed loudly By now they could hear the crunch of the ground under someone else's feet, and the growing shape in the heavy mist. It was a women's voice that greeted them and quickly made her way over. Enivid let out a soft hiss moving up closer to her Ida and watched through stilted robotic eyes as the stranger worked to free Cora.

Enivid climbed up to Cora's shoulders as she used the wall to quickly get back to her feet, hopping a bit at the ping in her ankle but her attention was taken with the women. "Cora, actually." she said absently brushing her bloody hands against her pants as she studied the women with a mixture of surprise and awe. "Oh... There are people beyond the mist? beyond the wall?" she said though she was clearly talking to herself. She seemed to notice something and leaned down to peer at the women's stomach almost seeming excited and struck with some kind of wounder but before she could say anymore Enivid smacked her in the face with a paw.

"Your supposed to thank someone for rescuing you, not act as if you've been raised under a rock." She hissed. Cora shot up to standing position, almost losing her balance but caught herself quickly. "Right! sorry! I'm Cora." She said going to stick out her hand for a shake and then seemed to realize that it was covered in blood and frowned before brushing it off on her clothing again.

Enivid gave an exasperated breath. "Forgive my Ida, She means well. But her manners are sadly lacking for such a social butterfly." The cat spoke coolly. "I am Enivid, Cora's Edo." She said and dipped her head. "We thank you for your assistance and beg your pardon for the inconvenience."

"Yes." Cora chimed in. "perhaps we could return the favor." She said, a tad bit hopeful, after all if the women agreed she could ask her questions.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Tanya listened to the woman, Cora, ramble onwards. Even stranger was the cat has begun to talk as well, reprimanding the woman's behaviour. Even more mentioning something about an Ida and Edo? Tanya was completely lost in the woman's story, only snapping back to it when she held out her hand to shake. Blinking, she had to hold a minor hiccup back, feeling that she had truly lost it now. Here was some stranger rambling on with a talking metal cat and offering her favors. Had the pregnancy and silence finally broken her mind. Well, it would relieve the ache for her.

"Of course, but first, let me help you to my home. That ankle must be killing you right now." Tanya spoke, her motherly tone kicking in as she moved up to the woman, supporting her bad side. She heard no complaints as she helped Cora back to her house a decent walk as she let her own mind run through the possible thoughts of who this woman really was. The contact and weight was real enough, and the scent of blood was very real. Once she was home, she helped the woman onto a seat before moving to the linen closet for some bandages and the likes.

"Remove your boots and set them by the side of the table, we should make sure that the ankle is alright. I might not be as good as the clerics, but I've had to bandage an animal's wound." Tanya told the woman as she prepared the items necessary for taking care of the girls ankle.

"Also, what is an Ida?" Tanya had to ask, curiosity filling her. If she wanted to follow this rabbit hole, she might as well get as much information as possible.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Cora hobbled along with the women's help, who was surprisingly strong for an older women let alone one who was pregnant. Enivid followed along behind the two her eyes roving over the landscape as the mist began to clear, giving way to a lush green land and a cute little stone house. She observed quietly, making no comments but inwardly she had a funny feeling about this little scene. There was no technology she recognized. in fact it all seemed rather renaissance.

"Whoa." Cora murmured. It was possibly one of the cutest little scenes she'd ever seen. Nothing as grand as a sunset from a mountain top, or ancient ruins but there was something calming and serean about the country house surrounded by little farm animals. As they entered the house Cora was taken in by the layout and rugged fixtures. It was absolutely nothing like her home of metal and glass, sleek and cold while there was something very warm and inviting about this place. "This is cozy." She said running her hand over the table with some fascination as she was set down.

Enivid set down under the table, curling her tail around her paws and watching silently as the women instructed Cora to remove her boots and bustled around the house. "Clerics?" She murmured . Magic was not unheard of but she was trying to recall who else might use clerics to define their magic users. but when the women posed a question of her own Enivid cocked her head. While the bonded were kind of strange in their own right to other races most knew of them already.

"Ah." Cora said thoughtfully. "Well... Me and Enivid are like, two sides of the same coin." She said trying to think of how to explain. She paused for a moment watching the women work. This place seemed.. primitive so she had to explain it simply. "I suppose. You could say that Enivid and myself are like sisters, but we are born to the same body." She said. "Altho she is capable of possessing another object if she wants." She said rubbing at one of her cheeks before once again glancing at her hands remembering that they were covered in drying blood.

she leaned forward after a moment. "Oh, but how rude of me, I never asked for your name miss."

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Tanya stared at the strange woman and metal cat, trying to process what she had said. She had heard all of it, but she might have been explaining how books are made. She blinked at the woman, studying her for a few brief moments, before finally deciding that she was suffering from some delusion. There was no way a being could overtake random objects and the likes. As well, what even was a coin? Tanya was sure that the woman had come from over the wall going by the dress and appearance of the metal cat. The woman was injured and needed to be tended to, so who was she to turn someone in need down.

“My name is Tanya Rujikol, and thank you for the compliment. It is rather .. cozy.” Tanya spoke, feeling a small twinge of sadness. She had thought the same when she had begun living here on her own. After the first few years of silence, she craved being around others, but work kept her tied down. Then there were the pregnancies that made the trip into the main city even more tiring. Now, with her current pregnancies and workload, the idea of cozy had slowly changed into claustrophobic and draining.

“Oh, yes where are my manners. I must seem like a horrid host. Please, rest here and I will get you some water. If you feel the need, there is a heated bowl of water in the washroom if you feel the need to freshen up. I will get some fresh water from the well.” Tanya spoke with a shocked tone, feeling rather foolish that she hadn’t done so earlier. The strangeness of meeting a woman from outside the walls must be affecting her. Heading over to the cupboard, Tanya pulled out a ceramic pitcher and moved to the doorway, bowing to the woman.

“Please Cora, rest and let your ankle recover, and I’ll be back in two shakes of a lamb tail.” Tanya offered up before ducking outside the doorway, moving towards the well in her farmland. It wasn’t far from the house, and the source of her fresh cool water.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Enivid cocked her head at the women but if she thought she caught anything she didn't say so. As the women left Cora looked a little confused. "I don't think she's a horrible anything Enivid." She said as her sister spirit hopped up onto the table at last. "Mmm, yes she's a very kind charming women." Was the cool remark. "How is your ankle?" Cora leaned down to take a look at the work. "It twinges a bit but its fine, I think I can walk fine enough." She said and carefully started to put her boots back on with a bit of a wince.

Once on she slowly stood and took a closer look at the house. "Heated bowl of water, washroom." Cora murmured peering around as she started to move about with Enivid watching her for a moment. surly Cora couldn't move far enough away with in this cute little home to cause them to be sick. As Cora explored looking for the washroom Enivid remained at the table observing what she could see with slitted eyes. It was strange to see a home so... unadorned with the tecknowledgey they knew all so well, even other homes out side of their own had some form of... plumbing or other some such advancements. This was more primitive farm then she was accustom to on closer inspection.

"Found it!" Cora shouted from the washroom, as if it was some kind of accomplishment. She took a good look at the water and dipped a finger in. it was indeed warm, She quietly but curiously washed her hands free of the dried blood and then followed her curiosity by investigating how in the world it was done with out what she was used to being around. She hadn't noticed any pips, or wires or the like. So was there a fire or coals bellow the bowl keeping it warm? had she warmed it earlier? but how was it remaining warm? So many questions, curious curious questions.

Enivids metallic tale taped the table as she waited for their host to return, as well as her Ida. Contemplating what their next move should be. Obviously this was not a very advanced area, was that the same for all the rest of what was beyond the wall? it was difficult to say with out venturing further but Enivid did not have a good feeling about staying here to long... even if Cora was curious it might not be worth it. Then again it could be quite the discovery...

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Tanya paused at the edge of the well, slowly pulling the bucket back from its watery depths. She couldn’t believe she had found someone like Coco. The strange woman was nothing like she had ever dreamt of from the abyss. Was it all as the priest said true about them? Twisted demons meant to conquer and control their souls to pay the devil of the undertow? The woman was so sweet, if not a little out of it.

‘Or maybe I have just lost my mind finally.’ Tanya thought as she rested the full bucket on the edge of the well. The cold water sent shivers along her arms as she dipped the ceramic pitcher into the water, letting her mind wander. Was that such a bad idea? To let herself indulge into this pregnancy induced madness for a few moments? It was an exhilarating idea of allowing her delusions to play through the conversations her mind could create. She took a moment as she looked at her reflection on the water. She sighed and dipped her hands into the water, shuddering as the cold water rushed across her face and back.

“Whoo… that is refreshing.” Tanya spoke as the cold water dampened the collar of her dress, leaving the air to cool her skin before she headed back, expecting the place to be empty. What she saw there both pleased and surprised her. The metal cat and woman were still there, true to life. The cat was sitting on the table, surveying the house around her, and the sound of water spoke to Cora still in the restroom.

“Hey, hey no! No cats on the table.” Tanya bustled over to Enivid, shooing the cat off the table as she held onto the pitcher with the other, keeping balance to not spill the water. :

“You can sit on the chairs, but not on the table. That’s where food goes.” Tanya scolded the cat before looking at her again, suddenly feeling a blush on her face. She had for the moment forgotten that Enivid wasn’t an actual cat, as far as Cora spoke of her.

“Oh, oh no. Sorry, I didn’t mean that. I forgot that you’re not an actual cat.. I’m so sorry.” Tanya spoke as she sat down at the table, feeling embarrassed at her actions just then.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Enivid was startled for a moment when shooed off the table and quickly hopped down. It was not overly often she was treated like an actual cat, She was usually ignored as an automaton or spoken to like a human, mostly by other bonded but still. Her eyes narrowed for a moment as she scolded her before seeming to remember that she herself was not an actual cat. She blinked befor bounding up into a chair and curling her tail across her pass, peering over the table at the embarrassed Tanya.

"No." Enivid said slowly. "I must apologize, its bad manners as you say, to sit where the food goes." she said coolly seeming unruffled. Maybe she should have Cora and herself commission a new body, being so small was sometimes to much of an annoyance when she wished to speak to someone or look around from a vantage point. "It can be difficult to come to terms with what I am, I assure you I am not upset." she said finely. Slight annoyance had passed through her mind but it was easy enough to brush off.

"Fascinating." Cora didn't seemed to have noticed the commotion at all while she finely exited the bathroom. "This sure is a rusting little place." she said and seated herself down with a small plop into one of the open chairs. "Its like we hopped into the past! no technological advancements to be seen but it all works so well for what it is. Its so cute and simple. I like it." Cora spoke. "Its much warmer and inviting here then in our city, not that I don't like home mind you."

Cora noticed the flush upon the face of their host. "Are you feeling well miss?" she asked.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast