Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning Battlion: A War of Earth and Steel [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Hestia let out a breath she had been holding once she knew Xavier's younger brother did not have powers. It was a sudden relief. Those without powers tend to put Arcanists on pedestals, but really anyone with powers were just a glorified weapon with a leash. There was no honor in getting orders to kill and acting as an executioner. Of course Hestia did it, she still had her own survival to think about, but she was never satisfied after torching someone and their molten, burning bodies overtaking her senses. Watching as their skin fell like wax from a candle would always haunt her to her core. The countless screams she had caused...it was not the life of glory others believed it to be. Was there really any honor in any of this? Sure it prevented a life of poverty and decent pay..but at the cost of freedom?
    Hestia took her new identity papers graciously as she stared down at her portrait. The name Anna Cauld was written across the top. A simple and unassuming name. "Occupation: Servant". Hestia realized that was actually clever. Servants were looked down on and yet Arcanists spoke freely around them and easily went about their business. It would be an easy way to gather intel. Now hopefully she could swallow her pride and take orders from enemies.
    Her new appearance might be challenging. The woman in the portrait had the same build, body type, and eyes, but her hair was straight and blonde. It was shorter too and pinned up neatly into a pony tail and no bangs to frame the face. Such simple changes would make her look like a totally different person. I wonder how they plan on taming my curls and making me blond.... She shuddered at the thought but would not question it.
    As they were dismissed Hestia stood and bowed. "Thank you High Arcanist. Even though this mission will be hard, I am sure it will be successful. We will see that Famus is restored its ranks and glory."
    Lying has become so easy...I'm surprised I haven't tried this espionage thing before... She thought to herself and laughed internally.
    Once they were away from the High Arcanist office and building of the officers, Hestia spoke freely with Xavier. "Just like old times, huh X?", she said to lighten the mood, but she could still see the concern in his eyes.
    "Hey this will be easy. We are in, find your brother, and we are out. This is similar to the Battle of Hirane, remember? We blew through enemy lines and had to rescue the rest of our squadron before falling back. Only this time we just have to be..quieter..."
    The car to bring them to Lomtia was fast approaching. Soon they would pile in and assume new identities, maybe not communicating for awhile, at least not openly.
    Quickly she punched him in the shoulder like old time sake. She wasn't one to be too gushy, she was already saying too much.
    "Just don't go and get caught on me. You will have worse to deal with, trust me. My methods of extracting information well...can be abrasive."
    She snapped her fingers and a small flame burst into life and the immense heat could be felt upon their faces.
    Last edited by Moonlit_Fae; 04-08-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12