Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials of the Forsaken - IC

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Exile. To break down in the final moments of life. Qal'talis' grim thoughts had to wonder how many people died this way. How long was it before the final moments faded away? It was a great moral discomfort to reflect that it was his father and his father before him which enabled such a system. Their own descendant was to be consumed by their ostracization.

For now the feelings were too raw, the woes too plenty to think about the details. The priest kept to himself, heartache taking its time to release its pains.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

At what cost? Cailín wondered.

"You're not a monster," the half-drow told the red-haired girl, as she drew her knees up and buried her face in her arms. "Monsters don't care."

Unbidden, the memories of her first visit to the village just down the road, still just a child, and how every kid and adult in that town chased her out of it with rocks, dirt, anything they could throw at her.

"Monsters don't care who they hurt. Most don't even care why." Cailín said, her voice going flat. "You care, which means you're not a monster. It's a pity, really. Sounds like where we're going, we could use one."
    Last edited by Enigma; 05-07-2020 at 06:07 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Spoiler: for Enigma's eyes only 

Those words seem to hit Emalia hard.
    already in tears, she gave a wry smile.
    "you're looking on the inside. must only look outside," she said in a voice still a little tight with sadness. "I beat a lord senseless because he thought he could do as he pleased with whomever he pleased. if anyone's a monster, it's him." it sounded as is she was trying to convince herself, but it seemed to calm her down nonetheless.
    "why are they sending you down anyway?" she asked. "Drow or not, you don't seem that bad." she gave a bitter laugh "but then almost anyone is capable of almost anything."

Spoiler: for Enigma's eyes only (pt2) 
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 05-07-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The umbra cleric caught the words of pain, pulling him away from his own tears. His wet palms rested on his lap, the wet shine thinly spread on his near his jawline. The empathy which had moved him to many actions in Morinda's concealment couldn't allow him to ignore the injustices spoken in his presence. Finally the Half High-Elf raised his hood enough to allow himself a serious look at each woman, his watchful eyes wet, starry, and gentle.

It was shocking to see the women. They weren't the criminals moved by greed or selfishness the Forsaken exile was meant to devour. What he saw were two people discarded, confused. His eyes flickered to Cailín but couldn't stay for his heart would strain to race between anger and empathy.

"Had I seen this cruelty with my eyes before..." The priest trailed realizing that within Lionhearth there were many errors of fairness, too many for those few of Morinda's cloth to cover. Perhaps this is why he was to be cast into the branding shadows. Did his goddess see this injustice and bring it before him to intervene?

As heartbreaking as the Forsaken was, a sliver of zeal bloomed within. A divine purpose, Qal'talis wanted to believe that his path wasn't over and perhaps this journey was another step, not the end.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

It wasn't me, Cailín sighed. You killed him using me, just as he would have used me.

"Like you, they see the monster - they don't see me," she replied, then stiffened when she heard the priest spoke. Raising her head slightly so she could stare at him from just above her knees for a moment, she settled back down.

"Nobody sees what they don't want to see," Cailín said with a sigh. What was his deal, anyway?

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Emalia was taken by some surprise when the cloaked figure spoke.
    she was about to open her mouth to speak when the half-drow did. and what she said kind of struck her, and she looked back down at her hands as she wondered what signs she missed.
    "harsh reality always seems to hurt," she said. "I'll probably not be able to see my brother again. and look at me. I'm so worried about being a monster that I couldn't even think about him."
    she gave a wry chuckle.
    she looked at the man. "so, you've heard why I'm here. what did you do? got in with the wrong crowd?" she asked. "unless I'm mistaken, we're probably going to be together for a long time, so might as well cough it up now."
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Qal’talis’ eyes descended on the redhead’s hands, searching in them an understanding of what she wanted to find in the flesh. While she stared the priest pondered if she was really here, in the carriage. No, she had to be elsewhere…places where memories would take her. The Half-Elf pained for the things those hands had done, provoked even which brought her into this place of exile. Cailín continued to be a challenge, her words provocations to his senses. *’Is the Drow going to be a constant irritation?’* Qal’talis had to wonder with some worry.

His pressed into a stoic line of expression. Now the redheaded woman, her scars, faced him, questioned him, began to search deeper.

“[…]got in with the wrong crowd?” The prodding question stirred inside of the holy servant his seeping anger which had been mild. Glaring in the direction of the Half-Drow out of instinct of the redhead’s question Qal’talis continued to feel worse the long he let his eyes settle on the woman who owned the other half of the Lioncrest Pendant.

The Half-Elf hid his face with a quick tug of his hood, returning his head down. Retreating into himself the man kept his words to himself.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"So, because you burst into my room and the men nipping at your heels caught us together, it's my fault we're in this box?" Cailín chucked sourly.

She looked up at him, nestled down inside his hood. "I was packed for a sea voyage! I finally had enough to get to Seahaven! I could have been free! Then you got me involved in this! Why couldn't you have just barged into somebody else's room?"

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Qal'talis' stiffened, reacting to the verbal jab Cailín threw at him. The religious rogue kept his head down, avoiding direct engagement with the Half-Drow. Opening his backpack he pulled out a small brown leather nondescript booklet. With the tension thick, asking to be addressed Qal'talis chose instead to open his book of Mordina, reading her humbling pages.

He refused to engage with her selfishness.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She muttered something about hitting a little close to home.
    "the mystery man, the sleeper, the half-drow, and the freak," she said. "I wonder what's next. maybe we'll pick up a tiefling down there." she joked wryly.

she leaned back on her side. "at least damnation should be interesting." she said. "you all get to see the freak I am and I get to see what you all are. and we'll be one big happy group of forsaken."
    she sank a little lower and folded her arms.
    she was no longer looking at her hands but now seemed to have a sad, resigned expression.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The armored prison carriage came to a slow stop after what seemed like half a day of travel and the sound of clanking metal armor can be heard as the guards got off of their wagons.

5 guards open the door.
    "come on, Forsaken. exit the carriage." the one that seemed to be the leader said as he waved them out, his armor shinier and with stripes of yellow on the shoulders.

green rolling hills could be seen outside, with a mountain off to the side but what seems near 10 miles or more away. and the lightly used road stretches out behind the carriage with 2 wagons. troops surround the carriage with the 5 directly at the door.
    rolling thunder could be heard in the distance as storm clouds gather, making it seem darker than it should be.

The sleeping man jolted away and steed up.
    he grumbled and nodded his head as he stepped out.
    a soldier took his arm and lead him away.

Emalia stood up and lowered her head with hard eyes, but offered no resistance.
    she would probably die trying to fight this. and she wanted every last minute.
    Another of the 5 took her arm as she got out, and was lead away as well.

Spoiler: for Cailin 
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 05-08-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast