Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials of the Forsaken - IC

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

'How powerful can you be, if you can't even get me out of a hole in the ground?' Cailin wondered as she picked up the straps of her pack and climbed out quietly, her arm stiffening as another guard grabbed hold of it, but allowed herself to be led away, her head bowed slightly.

Five men, but only two wagons. If this thing was as bad as Emalia seemed to think, they'd be expecting trouble. Which meant others, hiding nearby, ready to strike. Crossbows would be her guess. So for now, be meek and quiet. Wait. See how this was going to happen.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Spoiler: for Cailin 
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Spoiler: For HS 
    Last edited by Enigma; 05-09-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Spoiler: for Enigma 
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

'The lady of shadows, the Night Mother, has a radiance of midnight flame. A sense of justice which burns darkly. She is the nightly shelter' The passage eased Qal'talis as the carriage stopped. It was when his hand carefully put the bookelt back into his backpack that the guards yelled at them to leave. His eyes looked around at the carriage one last time, knowing he was stepping into fated shadows and out of sunlight for a long time.

The Lioncrest son stood, taking his backpack with him. Though he kept his hood to hide his expression all could see him turn his head left to right as he took in his surroundings. The clouds and mountains were beautiful things the priest wanted to take in one last time.

His arm was grabbed at gently the High Half-Elf, the Lost Prince, went peacefully.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

They were taken around the carriage to a big crack in the earth, not quite near the size of a chasm. about 15 feet across and 30 feet wide. big enough for several people to fit through at a time. and next to it sat a wooden crane, parts old and new as it had been repaired time and again over the centuries. some men stood ready at the crane os others stood guard and watched
    they were taken to the edge of it where they could look down, and it went so far that the light from the sky could reach the bottom.

The rope from the crane was brought over and everyone was moved and even shoved closer together, and they were bound by the wrist to the rope attached to the crane as a preacher read.

"charged and convicted before man, you have been found guilty of a most egregious crime, and are hereby marked as forsaken by this world to be set on the path of the forsaken. may the gods have mercy on you."

and with that, then men at the Crane began to crank and the line goes taught, making everyone's arms rise, bringing their hands to about head level and dragging them over the hole where they fall until they are caught by the wrist, sending a jarring pain through the arms as the shoulders are wrenched by the sudden movement.
    then, they are slowly lowered into the hole.
    and after a short time, the light begins to fade.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

When the guard released her, Cailin stood exactly where he left her. The light, almost manageable in the carriage, was unbearable out here. She didn't trust the guard not to put her on the edge, as it was.

She carefully knelt down, and blindly checked her pack. Her bow, her arrows, her short sword, the poncho, it all seemed to be there and well secured. Hopefully, nothing would slide out and fall on the way down. Slowly, she stood up, and just as slowly, put the pack on and made sure the belt strap.

All too soon, the guards hustled them together. One of them grabbed her right wrist, and she felt the coarse hairs of the rope. "Not the waist?" she asked. "What if I have to....ow!"

"Shut it, drow!" the blurry outline growled, tying her other wrist. "Be glad you have a rope."

As he released her other wrist, she gripped the rope with both hands, so she could take some of the strain off her wrist. It was clear their intent - to make them too tired to try to climb back up.

The rope rose, then the ground fell away and she screamed as her arms were painfully wrenched almost out of their sockets. If something was down there waiting for them, she could only hope it was something she could kick away.

Gritting her teeth, she tightly held onto the ropes and waited until the sun's warmth was no longer her face before risking a peek at whatever waited them below.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Qal’talis remained silent as the harsh rope was bound around his wrists. However the knot in his stomach wound tighter as Cailín’s treatment progressed to verbally bullying her. Instinctually he looked with worry and protectiveness at the woman he had chosen to look over the prior few weeks – yet there was nothing to be done, not now. The umbra cleric watched the other religious man condemn them the Half-Elf could only feel resistance to the downcast words. ‘You do not see the blessings of the dark’, the pale man was eased forward now by the crane. The cut of earth into shadow was remarkable, a bath of Morinda's domain.

Seeing what was about to happen Qal’talis gracefully eased his last few steps of land to gradually increase the weight on his wrists and arms. As Cailín screamed in pain he panted, having softened the transition into groundlessness, yet there could be no prevention of his whole weight, plus his backpack being pulled on his joints. As he kept his muscles in some flexion, and shut his eyes all Qal’talis could do now was focus on slow, steady breaths to endure.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Emalia was resigned. there was nothing to be done.
    she flinched in sympathy at the harsh treatment of Cailin. she had felt a connection to her, though small as it may be, it was there.
    when she saw what the cloaked figure was doing, she took a quick look around at him, the guards that did nothing at his crouching, and the hole and realized that they would drop as well. so she attempted to mimic him.
    she still let out a rather loud grunt nearing a scream of pain to match the half-drow's, and gritted her teeth at the pain going down. she tried to breathe deeply but ended up needing to take smaller breaths in order for it not to hurt so much. breathing through her clenched teeth, she kept her eyes open to see how things were going.
    and as they got lower, the light started to reach them less and less until they were surrounded in darkness.
    She was a little surprised to be able to see after only a few short moments in the dark.
    taking a closer look at herself, she learned why. and she started to cry softly through what little pain remained.
    Spoiler: only those with darkvision 

The man just allowed himself to be pushed around and did nothing in an almost drunken state has he had just woken up.
    after squinting, he followed the example of the others and let out a grunt at the fall.
    "at least we're not alone." the man said after a moment. his voice was a little gruff. "I've heard the theory that there might be people livin' down 'ere." he gave a wheezing chuckle before it turned into a cough.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"People... living... down here?" Cailín gasped. Nothing the Wolf had done had ever hurt like this. But if people were living in these caves, that meant water. That meant food - hopefully, they weren't cannibals eating the next bunch to come down while they were too weak and injured to defend themselves.

It could even mean a way out. If people thought you were trapped in an underground cave, they wouldn't be looking for you in the local markets.

Of course, anyone who had a way out would be foolish to let others know about it.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast