Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Recovery (post-apocolypse RP) [IC]

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Tanner pulled out a stick of chalk from one of his belt pouches, and drew a vertical line on the first tree at eye-height. With luck, the wolf-girl would find it after returning to the grove and follow it. Every fifty paces, he'd draw another one.

He needed a machete, he decided. Something to cut brush, small trees, and defend himself with if needed, when the gun was out of bullets. It was unlikely that they'd find anything suitable in town that hadn't rusted away, but he might find some usable metal and make himself a small forge.

Perhaps Snake-woman's tribe had someone who did metal work? As long as he didn't have to crawl into a hole after them, that would be fine. Unless she was a cast out? A runaway? Perhaps another slave, like himself?

If she and Wolf-girl came back, then maybe he'll find out.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Joanna decided to follow where her pristin hearing was taking her. She took out her bow, but had it pointed at the ground with an arrow ready to notch. She was hoping it might be another deer. As they approached her scaled helped her camoflauge her into the surroundings. Gerena also had advantage it would appear because her size gave her the element of surprise and she was out of line of sight. When they finally got to what was making the noise it was back at the river where they had started, but this time the bird woman was there again but she was injured.
    "Is she one of yours? I've seen her earlier but she's injured now.", she whispered so only Gerena could hear as to not to blow their cover.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Gerena's ears twitched at the words. "I've never seen her in my life." she whispered back.
    "I don't see any weapons, but you never know. but I don't think you'd be able to hide anything in the folds of that." she was muttering to herself at this point.
    "alright. I'm just going to need to show myself to do anything. I'll be needing you to watch my back." She whispered. "don't make me regret it."

She slowly popped up.
    "are you alright?" she asked. "anyway I can help?"
    she kept a hold of her gun, but it was pointed down to not be threatening. and she actually sounded concerned.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

scifi( like.. maximum ride) Romance(Child friendly) gaming, fandom
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Ika looked up at them and flinched. Not noticing them before. One of them made a strange sound. At her? She moved her lips and a voice rang from her mouth. Ika wanted to do that too but didn't know how. She remembers when she copied the birds sound and how she went "IKA". She tried doing that. making a scratchy bird call. Instead of looking like she was doing it on propose, She looked very uncomfortable. holding her chest, making the sound, and feeling weird, she stopped making the birds sound. After a few tries, her voice started to sound smoother and more like it was a word than some kind of cult chant. When she felt more sure of herself, she started trying to communicate then something went wrong. Her head started... well. there was no way of describing it except that she was remembering something so much that its all she could see. The video. The crazy science people. they were making sound with there mouths. and also without moving their mouths. she could hear what they were saying without them saying it. were they..thinking it? maybe. She blinked a few times and saw normally again. She sort of knew what the two people in front of her meant but also didn't. she cocked her head to the side, trying to understand them but they ere silent. she tried making sound with her voice again. opening her mouth and said "Ika". not the way she did before though. it sounded more like she was actually speaking and saying... a name. She didn't even know what she was doing after that.
    your one and only, magical princess from another dimension!!!!! who kicks friggen butt!

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She narrowed her eyes, she heard about this once... but she wasn't sure. something about lone survivor, or isolation and how it effected the brain.
    "can you understand me?" Gerena asked, slowly moving closer, taking one hand off her gun.
    "it's ok. I'm here to help." she started to speak a little slower, hoping it might help.

well, they were supposed to help who they could, but this would be an interesting case.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Joanna followed close behind Gerena, lowering her bow so it would not seem threatening. She still kept it at the ready though. How were they to know this wasn'y a ploy to act innocent and frail and then attack them? Joanna did laugh internally though, Gerena was so calm with this newcomer it was a stark contrast to how she was first introduced. But she took it as a compliment, she appeared strong while this bird woman appeared meek.
    "Is Ika your name? I am Joanna." that was all she could think to say at this point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

With the confrontation over, Raylan allowed himself a small sigh of relief. Encounters with the locals only ever went a couple different ways and more often than not it seemed they skewed toward the bloodier spectrum. Joanna was a smart girl, a survivor to be able to live and forage out here. No doubt many of her people were just as hardy, but he could only wonder for now if they were also as intelligent and accommodating as she. Her people... the way she spoke of them it sounded like a tribe. Maybe a big one. They definitely didn't need to draw that kind of heat this early into their expedition.

It was Gerena's change that had surprised him the most, he he had to admit as he, Tanner, and Jenny continued their arduous trek through that dense forest land. The ground was beginning a gradual descent. It was a minuscule thing, hardly noticeable unless you were looking for it, but Raylan was. That was how you knew you were getting closer to civilization or what used to pass for it. Another hour of walking, maybe two depending on who else they might run into, and they would be able to see the abandoned city without much difficulty even through these trees. Gerena had accepted Joanna without a second thought. Even going so far as to invite her out to scout and hunt not more than a minute or two after having pulled a gun on her. Was she just that starved for kinship, a friend, that she would leap at whatever chance came along? Maybe there was some sort of bond between mutants or something, he didn't know. But it confused the hell out of him.

A scratching sound off to his side drew his attention to where Tanner was even then marking a sign upon one of the thick, ancient trunks of a tree to mark their passage. Clever man, even if he didn't say much what with the scarring and stuff. That would serve to help their wandering scouts follow their trail as well as help them find their way back toward the original landing site, provided of course that the weather didn't turn too sour and rain simply washed it away within the two or three weeks they would be out here. Amber eyes chanced a glance up at canopy of the forest, its dark shadows concealing most of the sky above but every now and then he got a glimpse of gray squalor. Not dark enough to bring on a storm but it was coming. Having spent most of his childhood and teenage years growing up in the hills absent civilization had taught him a certain awareness of the weather. Never could put a finger on how he knew... but that feeling was there.

The hulking form of their mighty warrior, Jenny, was moving with surprising success in the silent department. Like Tanner she did not seem to be someone of man words. In fact, Raylan suddenly realized, she had not spoken him directly yet at all. Perhaps she disliked commanding officer, or maybe she was simply wary of a new acquaintance. This day and age you never really knew how a person was going to treat you after all. He sure as hell wasn't going to wrestle with her, but a bullet or two often settled disputes even quicker so until she saw him in action he reasoned she would likely keep her distance. Understand the notion, though he did, he still found himself wanting to bridge the gap at least to a degree, and so his voice sounded out within the otherwise quiet expanse of forest.

"Tell me, Jenny." he began, ducking under a low branch and taking care so that the top of his rifle's case didn't catch it. "What did you make of our new friend? Seem trustworthy or should I be watching for an arrow in my back?"

scifi( like.. maximum ride) Romance(Child friendly) gaming, fandom
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Ika nodded. Thinking it was the right thing to do and folded her wings against her back. She looked at the two and blink a few times then she saw the water. She stared at it for a few seconds and did nothing else
    your one and only, magical princess from another dimension!!!!! who kicks friggen butt!

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Gerena looked at her for a moment before she got the idea.
    She pointed to the small river. "water." she said. "is that what you want? water?"
    she took her canteen from her belt and undid the cap before handing it to the winged girl.
    "here. water," she said.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Joanna watched caustiously as Gerena handed the water canteen to Ika. The woman really did appear to need help. Joanna just wasn't exactly the caregiving and nurturing type. She was more of the get things done and kill most things type of person.
    "If she does not trust your canteen the water from the river is just as good. I could make her a cup from a leaf if need be..." Joanna let her sentence trail off. She wanted to be helpful but it felt like there was not much more to do.
    "After we hunt we could give her a meal. Oh wait."
    Joanna reached into her bag and pulled out a dead rabbit she still need to skin and prepare for a meal.
    "We can set up camp and I can make this."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast