Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Recovery (post-apocolypse RP) [IC]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

[please forgive me, it's been over two weeks, and it was holding us up.
    but, this should give an interesting roleplay opportunity.]

A gunshot rang out as Ika was starting to reach for the Canteen. She fell forward as Gerena fell backwards, a bullet in her shoulder as Ika's eyes gloss over.

with the gunshot, Gerena gives a welp of pain at the bullet passing through her shoulder and lands with a thud. in a moment, she has her gun in her hands and rolled into a bush.
    "get down!" She calls, "sniper or something." she didn't sound all alright. she was starting to feel light heading, and already everything was starting to sound distant. even the pain seemed to grow distant, but it was still there.
    under the bush, she got up to a crouch.
    it was hard to hear the footfalls and rustling and the sound of a bolt sliding on a rifle with the ringing in her ears.
    the bullet went straight through her left shoulder, and she knew she would be grateful for that later as she shouldered her gun and slowly stood up to look out of the bush to see what she was dealing with.

a blur, up ahead in the shadows, and another shot rang out, grazing her ear.
    more pain and the ringing got worse as she flinched from the shot and shot at the figure as her vision blurred. there was no doubt she was in shock. she knew well enough what it looked like.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 06-16-2020 at 12:36 AM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Tanner's head whipped around at the sound of gunfire, someplace behind them, then glanced at their leader.

It could be a trap, trying to lure them in. Or Wolf-girl and Snake-Woman could be in trouble - and it still could be a trap. Helicopters might be able to fly people farther and faster than a horse, but they were noisy and easy to see against the sky, especially how they liked to fly so... high off the ground.

Seeing how they weren't brought out here to fetch anybody and not carrying much in the way of supplies, next time he'd much prefer a horse. Not that he knew how to ride one, but they'd be quieter.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

As the gun hit Ika taking her life, some of the blood splattered onto Joanna as she was close enough. Joanna was use to gore and unexpected attacks. This was nothing new in these parts. She instaltly notched her bow and fell into swift action. She launched a few arrows to where she thought the bullets were coming from, hoping her poisoned arrows would take out some of the potential enemies. It was unclear as to how many there were.

After Joanna lowered herself to the ground and crawled to where Gerena was. She could see she was hurt badly, blood pooling around her shoulder. Joanna pulled out a first aid kit from her pack and pulled out some cleaner for the wound. "Now listen, you gotta stay with me. I'll do what I can to stop this bleeding. I can pull out the bullet later, when we are in safety." Joanna then cleaned out the wound quickly. She tore cloth from her shirt and then tied a haphazard turnicut around Gerena's wound.

"I hope your squadron heard the gun fire and comes to get us out of this mess. It's not looking good." With that said, Joanna in-between gun fire launched more arrows in that direction. Arrows were no match for bullets, but it was all she could do. No sneak attacks could happen now. If she could, she would sneak up on them and slit their throats with her hunting knife. Joanna had a grim expression on her face, her arrows were getting low.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"you're not the only one." Gerena said as she hissed in pain as she moved her shoulder.
    her training kicked in as she tried to stay low as more bullets flew by.
    she then remembered her radio.
    she reached for it with her left hand while holding her gun in her right.
    "Sir, we're pinned down. the girl is dead. we're back by the river." she said.
    her vision was only a little clouded.
    "I took a bullet in the shoulder. never thought it would hurt so bad."

she then ended the call and started to crawl towards better cover. she hoped she would better be able to fight back.
    her shoulder throbbed through the adrenaline rush.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Jenny froze at the sound of gunshots. Her bat-like ears swiveled, quickly giving the direction of the sound. With a grunt, she broke into a sprint, crashing through branches and bushes alike. Wood shattered as she barrelled towards her comrades. In one hand, she held her Smith and Wesson. In the other, her ax. She burst into the clearing like a keg of powder exploding. To her left, she heard the sounds of a bolt sliding on a rifle. With no hesitation, she fired three rounds at the sound. She crouched, readying her stance. There, she stood, waiting.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

As Raylan turned to follow Jenny, he was shot in the leg and toppled over and let out a curse as he got up and scrambled for cover and told Tanner to do the same as more bullets came down.
    when Raylan popped his head out to get a better look, his luck ran out when a bullet took him by the left eye and he dropped dead.

meanwhile, Gerena heard the shots from Jenny's gun and saw the man fall. she looked over and found another guy running to better cover and shot at him as he toppled over and crawled the rest of the way to cover.
    she grunted in pain as she ran to get to better cover by Jenny herself.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Shots rang out, Raylan fell, but managed to get behind some cover, yelling at him to find some of his own. Tanner had already leapt behind a fallen tree, doing a quick sweep of the area away from the killing zone for targets. Seeing nobody, he quickly crawled on his belly away from his landing site towards the exposed roots, where the tree had torn itself out of the ground.

There were some more shots, and he heard a cry. Glancing around carefully, he spotted Raylan, lying on the ground, missing a good part of the back of his head. Looked like a shot had got him in the eye.

Of Axe-woman, there was no sign.

He could hear more shots coming from another direction - the other ambush with Wolf-girl. It was unlikely to be Snake-woman's people - why would they shoot at one of their own? Perhaps city dwellers?

There was nothing more they could do for their leader, so it made sense to pull back and render assistance to Wolf-girl and Snake-woman while their attackers thought that they were still pinned down.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Joanna counted her arrows, ahse had 13 left. That was not a good chance for her and Joanna. From the sounds of it a few of Gerena's crew were going down. Bullets were flying everywhere and the softfall of bodies upon the ground. "Next time teach me how to shoot a gun. I'll be better prepated." She tried to joke her way through this situation. However, humor was not the solution she needed. She was probably going to die here. At least her tribe would be rid of her, just like Pablo always wanted, one less mutie around.

Joanna did not know what else to do. She stayed as low as she could as she used her expert hearing to get a location on the enemy. She still was not too sure of their numbers. Inbetween rounds of bullets firing, Joanna shot of 3 arrows in the direction she was sure the gunfire was coming from, hoping to hit at least one person.

"I've got 10 arrows left. Not too sure how much longer that will help us...." All of her arrows were poisoned, so maybe when they struck an enemy firing at them it would stop their heart in their tracks.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

for a moment, there was silence. only the sound of everyone breathing could be heard.

Gerena strained to hear and look around as her sight blurred a little more. she knew she must be bleeding bad, about as bad as a knife wound she would have gotten in the slums. but a fist fight would have been over by now.
    a ruffle in the undergrowth turned her attention to a man stumbelling away with a gash in his leg, like he might have pulled out an arrow.
    he stummbled a short way before dropping his gun and falling. more russteling said that he was crawling.
    Gerena sat down and took a closer look at her left shoulder. her sleeve was wet with bleed half way to her elbow, and blood was running down her left side and her back. the bullet must have gone all the way through.
    she started to take off her gear to take off her Jacked and gritted her teeth with a sharp inatake of hair marking the pain that came from moving her shoulder.
    She finally removed her jacket to show a black tank top and a nice bloody bullet hole where the bullet had gone through her shoulder.

the adrenilen rush was starting to fade, and she got a bit more light headed and nausiouse at the sight of the wound. practice alone helped her not to lose her breakfast.
    she started to tunnal vision again.
    "I need water and a med kit." she mumbled urgently. the shock was fianlly reaching its peak after combat. "quickly!"
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 07-20-2020 at 01:05 AM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Tanner looked around him for a rock, finding only a clod of dirt. It would have to do. But he was going to need cover - there was a bush, roughly straight line from the root of the tree. He threw the clod towards some brush and dashed to his new cover, all the while keenly aware that gun fire was about to erupt....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789