Thread: Grief and Grieving

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Vampire, 1x1, BL, LGBTQIA+
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Grief and Grieving

So, tomorrow is the one year Anniversary of my Brother's death. I have 3 brothers, 2 are half, even to each other and then there is my one full blooded brother. He died a whole year ago tomorrow (June 7th). It's been a rough year as well 2019-2020 since then. We couldn't celebrate Thanksgiving the same (Canadian one), or his birthday or Christmas. Though for Christmas dinner the family got together and we made a toast to him. But since the whole Rona fiasco here I am left with my thoughts more often than not also cause I live alone. Plus the past week and this full moon bs is making me weepy and emotional anyway. But yeah, grieving now too on top of that. Fun.

My brother was special needs, so we knew he was not going to outlive us anyway. We just didn't expect it as soon. His body began the decline a few years ago though, being more feeble and breakable. He was in a wheelchair and could only walk if someone was behind him etc, or a walker but still someone behind. He wouldn't walk on his own. But he started getting seizures last year and a case of pneumonia that sent him to the hospital April 7th. Exactly 2 months later, still in the hospital, he passed. He was 28, which itself is a tragic number for Celebrity deaths as well.

Our family is also a bit messed up so we are still going through things with that as well. We all need counselling I swear, but most of us do not have that. My mother is mentally ill, but also a very Toxic person. It really showed this time last year as well.

Anyway, So yeah this time of month is super fun right now *sarcasm*
    Anyone else want to get things off their chest and share experiences?

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I am so sorry to hear, and I hope you will never know sorrow again :(

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Vampire, 1x1, BL, LGBTQIA+
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I am so sorry to hear, and I hope you will never know sorrow again :(
    Or at least to that extent, considering he was younger than me. :(