Thread: [M] - Broken (Takando & Undead_Fears) OOC

Far in the north where mountains have ears
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Scifi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sci Fi [M] - Broken (Takando & Undead_Fears) OOC

OOC thread for Broken

What do you say should I make compiled starter post for IC thread having there everything so far written in single post where you can continue in your post?

There are 4 posts total made to the thread so not incredible long story yet.

Alternative I can make a fresh start which way you prefer more.
    Last edited by takando; 06-11-2020 at 03:29 AM.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Id prefer a fresh start since im not in storms brain and cant infer what theyd intent for their characters and stuff, it'd also be easier to get a grasp of getting into the story as well
    https://i.imgur.com/oNBTaCY.jpg

Sig by Evie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok. I made fresh start thread for us.
    As for the background you are young woman (around 20s) waking up having severe amnesia having no idea who or where are you. The scenery may not be anything sci-fi but that part picks up rather quickly.

https://role-player.net/forum/showth...62#post3066362
    Last edited by takando; 06-11-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Well can I have a bit of background on the world an stuff? It's a bit difficult without having any context to the RP at all

Sig by Evie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are young woman on her 20s. About shoulder length black hair and athletic build body which shows signs of serious physical training. Little bit tanned skin and dark brown eyes.

There's bit of other features as well but I will open them up once.. you have woken up.

When you were found on the beach you were unconscious wearing a wet-suit and having a bullet hole on your right side of chest.

The world we are playing could be called as Berda (as locals call it) Its many solar systems big inhabited space big divided by several nations.

Races:
    Humans
    Well the normal humans. Their origin to Berda is long forgotten by them but according to other races they appeared to this side of space several millenia ago having their golden age under Great Nescre. Until the Year of Storms came.

Croba
    Race evolved from humans by what is called as Hex Disease almost 3000 years ago. Because of this disease and Year of Storms they evolved apart and isolated from humans. They look like mixture of Armadillo, Turtle and human. All Croba bones are organically growing metal as well as their outer shell.

Jelloid
    One of the original races of Berda. Jelloids are practically a slime race putting genetic engineering to great value. Their relation to Me'rah is if not hostile then at least vert cold.

Me'rah
    Another alien race. They have close resemblance to humans but unlike them Me'rah are amphibian race. They are capable to "breathe" underwater and travel up to 90 knot speed. Me'rah have natural psionic abilities surpassing humans in that area. They are known to be dismissive and isolationist race who will accept trade but have let humans live by themselves to the point that people know they exists but are not aware of any their population centers, if they even have ones. Me'rah have given two marvels as a "gift" to the world. First is Dagra, special blue or white metal (depending it's refinement rate) superior in strength and durability to any normal metal or alloy with some special features related to psionic. Another their gift are Portals. A planet to planet network of gateways which enabled people to travel between places way before any starship had been invented.

Me'rah values highly the racial purity so any kind of inter-species crossbreeding or genetic engineering is big red flag to them. Inside Sy planet local humans have had families between Me'rah but those Me'rah and their offspring are isolated from the rest of the Me'rah forming their own cultural group known as Red Me'rah

Hex Disease
    Jelloid origin genetic diesease that transformed big portion of human population approx 3000 years ago. It caused severe and usually fatal mutations leaving countless of deaths but those who survived became what are known as Croba. Also among the Croba there formed group of normal humans who didn't get any negative effects from the disease but got permanent and genetical immunity to Ferju. Moreover these people started to develope psionic abilities similar what Crobas had. (weaker though)

Ferju
    A plant super rich in energy. Ferju grows only in marshlands and is radioactive making it highly dangerous to Humans. Other races and those infected to Hex disease have developed immunity to Ferju. According to Me'rah Ferju is required to use psionic abilities. Humans have also found this plants refined form be key component for starship fuel and when liquefied under heavy pressure and heat it gets gravity altering effect.
    Person who have immunity to ferju and had once had it gets serious withdrawal effects in case the quantity of ferju drops inside his body so you can say it's addictive and once taken you have to keep eating it regulary.

Year of Storms, Year 0, Great destruction
    This event have many names and is the start of Berdan calendar. It's the great calamity around 3000 years ago which destroyed Me'rah portal network entirely and created planet wide storms isolating everybody to their planets. Later the network had been partially been restored but publicly no working portals have been found inside Idra, Gorest or Sy territory. Biitran had one but that one got broken 120 years ago during the war where Idra annexed Biitran.

Crobas in other hand have and use portals actively in their planets and among them they have strict laws not to bring any kind of hostilities inside portal zones to prevent these technological masterpieces to break. Only Me'rah know how to build and fix portals and it's practically a crime to try to reverse engineer or otherwise tamper them. Result is said to be another Year of Storms which would not only disrupt the portals but any interstellar traffic. (According to Croba)

Notable countries and organizations
    People's Republic of Idra
    A superpower controlling vast amount of planets and territory. Idra is republic with two party political system. Planet Idoka is the capitol world of Idra and UIP (the leading party). The political environment in Idra is closest to Soviet Union and China in real wold.

Urda
    One of the member states of Idra located in Idra cluster and more precise Planet Idoka, the homeworld of Idra.
    Urda have authonomy for their own territory but in general they work under Idra.

Urda don't have right to have its own army but they are permitted to have commercial security corporations. The largest and most influential of these is Qudrant Protect, QP which practically acts as private army and intelligence services of Urda.

Empire of Sy
    Independent country located at the edge of Syyra Cluster.
    Sy are human nation commonly known to be fortunate have both hex disease but keeping their human appearance. Practically every Sy are able to some level or mental Psionic abilities but because their culture these abilities are most of all telepathy and emotional control.
    Sy is known as one major Ferju and stimulant producer and they are also highly pacifist country with unlike the other countries is cognate governed. (Women instead of men) They are also known and liked their rather open sexual orientation and bit of sexist culture. Specially in Biitran, the center planet of Syyra Cluster Sy are highly respected.

Gawa's Fist
    Widespread underworld gang under the leadership of Mr Gawa. It's the largest gang present in Biitran controlling about 35% of the whole underworld planet wide. Gawa's Fist is enjoying the protection of the Party. In exchange they are to search and hunt down any anti gov individuals and organizations.

Scraba Corporation:
    One of the 3 leading mega corporations. Strongly present in Biitran and main supplier of arms and equipment for Department of Public Security. They also have large business in metal working and food industry. Their recent decision to discontinue the support of Biitran greatest minority, Lilidrans, worries Shagwa since Lilidrans are mostly low income factory workers, domestic helpers etc.

Everi INC
    Originated from Planet Gorest and biggest competitor of Scraba co. Their main area is arms and electronics. Everi wants to negotiate a trade deal with DPS and if possible take Scrabas place in the market there.

Trumbo
    Small and isolated country at the Syyra Cluster. Despite its size Trumbo have long experience of warfare from its millennia lasted nuclear civil war. And because of the war and rather wet conditions of their planet in general most of the planet have became radioactive swamp dangerous to most of the people. Strangely however this swam have then became the known space second largest Ferju production area making Trumbo literally the richest country in known space. Together their money and war knowledge Trumbo technology is considered superior to any other nation.
    120 years ago When Idra annexed Biitran, the capitol world of Syyra cluster and biggest trade partner for them, Trumbo and Idra relations have turned ice cold and both contries have embargo towards each other. This in furhter have given golden opportunities to black market and under the table deals.

Biitran
    Hot desert world located in resource rich Syyra cluster at the border zone of Idra. Biitran can be considered the center of heavy industry and manufacture in the areas not too close to equator.
    After the annexation of the planet Biitran have had more or less visible resistance movement against Idra but the bigger problem is countless lawless gathered there. After the war idra shipped all their criminals to the planet for forced labor. however the officials were corrupt and many criminals escaped all around the planet. Nowdays several criminal gangs control the planet fighting for their territory against each other and the government. It's also to be estimated that many officials are members of these gangs.

Gorest
    Economical center of Human space. Practically a planetwide city and its own country rivaling Idra, Trumbo and Sy. Gorest is govenred by Gorestian Golde Court. A corporation in neutral ground politically and juridically and highest respected juridical entity in known space. (The supreme court of mankind or something), famous not only by its respect but fees also, so if you end up there you better win or you will pay... literally)

Sand
    Biitran is full of fine wind blown red sand. No matter where you live, where you go the sand is there too. Therefore its said that: "The sand of Biitran is everywhere"
    Same goes for the original people of this country. They work hard and diligent in all places. Officially they are called Lilidrans, but many call them also as Sand.
    Last edited by takando; 06-12-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

May I ask as to why my character appearance is set? I understand starting off with an injury and stuff to get the story rolling, but is there a reason I'm using Storm's character?

Sig by Evie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its because her race. she is from area with plenty of sun. also her background makes her athletic. aside of those you can choose if wish something else.

Storm was pretty good at guessing how mc looks in my image
    Last edited by takando; 06-14-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do you have some wishes or thoughts how the character would look?

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Just a few to make it my own, I won't change the characteristics that diefine her region and stuff, but I just wanna add my own flair. Sorry for my absence, this week has been very busy for me

Sig by Evie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

same here. no problem and flavouring is ok too. for character build reasons do you wish to get her orginal profile (some spoilers included) or do i try to filter it out as best as i can? btw your post gave me a thought about flavour her background.

about the outlook
    if i would let you choose her skin color and hair those choises affect her past. and say if you want or dont want to hear what background spoilers for character build.
    Last edited by takando; 06-21-2020 at 08:16 PM.