Across the seas
To the land of Endor
The Darkspawn come from below
Like the hand of death they flow.
Like a wave they burst through the Door of Night
In a land free of Darkspawn the Grey Wardens of Fereldon are occupying their time with rebuilding their numbers and turning the Arling of Amaranthine into the most successful area of Fereldon. Many view the lack of Darkspawn as a direct miracle of the Maker, for years the land knew peace at least on a large scale for the first time in its entire history. Sadly though what is one man's blessing is another man's curse. Far over the crashing waves of the sea lays a land so similar yet at the same time so different from Fereldon.
The land of Endor, home of Elves, Dwarves, Men, and Hobbits. War is not unknown in this land but a new threat has clawed its way to the enchanting surface of this new land, twisted and vile creatures so alien none of the Free Races can find even a marginal note of them in their oldest historical documents or languages. The only word they can think of to describe them is "The Wrong", they attack with ferocity rivaling the most vicious of the Mordoran Hordes and five times the numbers. Now if only "The Wrong'' were as straight forward with their killing as the Horde, sure they killed plenty, but on top of that they drag any of the living they can away into the caves and holes they spewed from. That isn't the worst of it though, even if a brave warrior had managed to kill the creatures a drop of it's black blood penetrating their body was as good as their blades through your heart. For months the Free People fought valiantly against the monsters, but the battle was an eternal uphill fight, every step forward was followed by two steps back. The dead littered the once lush plains and ancient forests, filling the air with the stench of death and disease.
Within the first week, this new war had surpassed the War of the Ring in size and death toll and as the days dragged on it only got worse. They needed help and it was this desperation that drove some of the last of the Elves left in Endor to undertake a hard and potentially hopeless quest to seek help from the farthest reaches of creation. Their hope was just about spent when they landed on the shore of a land civilized by what could be their brothers and fellow Endorans. They had found Fereldon, and hopefully the help they had been so frantically searching for, but it did not come easy. Elves in this land were either treated like ignorant and dangerous beasts or sniveling whelps who were expected to bow and scrape to the every whim of Man. They met apathy and disrespect at every turn, it seems their homeland was fated to drown in the blood of it's children. Once more their hope was nearly spent when a kindly farmer pointed them Northeast to a place called Vigil's Keep in the lands of Amaranthine and the home of Fereldon's resident experts on "The Wrong" or Darkspawn as the Elves had learned was the true name of this plague. Following the man's directions the visiting Elves made their way to this promised land, it was here they met the noble order of the Grey Wardens and sat down with their admirable leader, Warden-Commander Raziel Cousland. It was in this fortress the Visitors were given the first semblance of respect in this cold land that stinks of wet dog.
The Wardens opened their libraries to the Elves and let them study everything they had compiled on the Darkspawn and the past five Blights. At first Raziel was just planning on giving them info then sending them on their way, but as the leader of the elves, Laurenas explained the creatures seemed to be led by a massive Dragon of Ever Shifting Color that often flew above them in battle blasting purple fire down upon the ranks of the defenders. This shed all new light onto the Elves' plea, they were experiencing a Blight, and unless the Wardens helped them they would be wiped from existence. With no further explanation needed the Warden-Commander called upon his most experienced Wardens and sent them to aid the land of Endor in their first and with any divine mercy only Blight.
Ok folks, this is where you all come in. You can play as an experienced Warden from Fereldon, a Non Warden follower, or a Defender of Endor. Each side has Elves, Dwarves, and Men to choose from as a playable race, but you also have the option to play as a Qunari( Tal-Vashoth most likely) on the Fereldon side and as a Hobbit, or Orc (Outlaw tribe only) on the side of Endor. Now each side will have some nuances for creation these will be listed below.
The RP will start at the least on the very day the Wardens and Followers leave Fereldon then there will be an early time skip taking everyone to Endor where we will go back to a normal RP type of run along. This whole RP will be taking place after the events of Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Fereldon has been Darkspawn free for four years at the start of the RP and Endor has been fighting Darkspawn for four years. The first year the Darkspawn had been contained primarily to Mordor by the Uruk hordes.
Zadkiel Cousland, Constable of the Grey
Griffin "Grif" Ataash
Lushak the Quiet
Ser Bartholomew Quentin Spawne III
Thelhen of Clan Ghilain
- All RPA and Mature Section rules apply.
- We made this a mature RP for the reason of creative freedom, anything goes for the most part as long as none of the rules are broken
- SikstaSlathalin (Main gm), Breggo and Dnafein (junior gms) are the GMs, and as such we have the last say in issues.
- Any issues between players deal with in PMs.
- If the problem persists, send us both sides and we'll see if we can help.
- If we help and it continues ask a mod or get out.
- Be active and post at least a paragraph a post once a week.
- Ignorance of the rules won't save you if you break them.
- Be smart, have fun, and no modding or powerplaying.
- Any new RP ideas are welcome, just run them by us and we'll see about working them out.
- Inactivity will be punished by the death of your char.
- The GMs are the only judges of inactivity, when the RP is going well it's a week unless you send us word of your inactivity then we'll pull you along but after two weeks your character will be on the chopping block unless you have a good reason for not being around. And after three weeks they die no matter what.
- Stick within the realm of possibilities for these two worlds' races and lore.
- Everyone is allowed only 2 main chars.
- You can reserve a spot, it will only be held for a week though.
- The only playable races are listed in the realm they are options for. Half-races will be considered in a case by case option.
- Runes that are ambiguous should have your definition run by a GM for approval.
- Wardens must have at least 10+ years of experience being Wardens and fighting Darkspawn before they will be accepted.
- Followers must also be experienced fighters and Mages, Darkspawn experience isn't a requirement though.
- Followers need a very good reason to join the Wardens in fighting the Endoran Blight, and depending on interest in playing one there will be a limited number of them.
- If you've read down this far, put a good, two-paragraph in-character scene in the Other Section of the sheet displaying your character's skills.
We the GMs reserve the right to add, change, or remove anything in this RP at any time, nuances, rules, and characters included.