Thread: [M] Seeking mature, long-term partners!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    High Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

New [M] Seeking mature, long-term partners!

Greetings!

I'm Cosmic Fury, or Cosmic for short. I've been on RPA off and on for around the last six years now. Although my post count is woefully sparse, I used to consider this place as my second home. Now I'm back and better than ever, and I very much look forward to working with you. I've been all over the place (literally and figuratively) over the past six years, and I've got the time to throw down my roots here again with this excellent community of artists! That said, I'm looking for mature, long-term partners to collaborate with me on stories. Partnerships need not always be 1x1, although this is mostly preferred. That said, if you've got a small circle of people and a kickass story, then I'm definitely down to join!

To sum up what's below, I'm looking for compatible long-term partners who are used to writing more detailed posts and in-depth stories on whatever character(s) they choose to create or bring into the story. I'm flexible on settings as well as storylines (so long as either/both are well-thought), although I'm not keen on chance-based works (such as dice-based games, etc.). That said, I've got affinities and soft spots for different pairings, settings, and so on. (In short, I usually write high fantasy and, on occasion, science-fiction.)

For specifics on what I look for, I've gone into detail in the below sections for everyone's benefit. Also included are a bunch of other things I tend to enjoy and seek in terms of pairings, settings, and story ideas. I've also ensured that sections for other topics of note are also presented below in a semi-organized fashion. Feel free to browse through, and if you see something you like, please don't hesitate to reach out! I do look forward to getting to know you as we craft fantastic stories together!

Current Partners:

Ashen -- Fire Emblem: Resolve

Holeypaladin -- Dragon Wars

More About Me

Spoiler: (Yet another dude's life story) 

Settings & Story Ideas

Spoiler: (Welcome to the Dragon's Den.) 

Pairings

Spoiler: (Note to self: anything's better than Twilight.) 

What I'm Looking For

Spoiler: (Or, Great Partners and Other Drugs) 

Just note that, due to academic obligations (starting in late August) and personal health reasons, my post rate might not be the most immediate out of other potential partners on some weeks. If I run into problems that make my replies take any longer than a few days, I will immediately let you know.

All the best,

Cosmic Fury
    Last edited by Cosmic Fury; 07-07-2020 at 07:26 PM. Reason: lots of cosmetic updates!

Braving the Storm (A Short Story) -- role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55314

High Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Bump! Also note that partners into world-building are a plus. Generally, I prefer planting my characters in other settings so that I can better flesh out my writing abilities, as well as their development over time in different settings.

As updated in the first post, isekai-style stories (if set up well) are also something I'd enjoy exploring with other writers.
    Last edited by Cosmic Fury; 06-27-2020 at 03:09 AM.

Braving the Storm (A Short Story) -- role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55314

High Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wow, can't believe it's already been a month since I updated this thread.

I've got a feel on time commitments, and it looks as if I'm open for one more partner. Post or PM if interested! I'm also under the RPA Discord under Cosmic Fury#3904.

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Hello Interested in bouncing ideas around - been flipping through Middle Earth lore and missed writing high fantasy stories

High Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Due to time constraints, I've put active partner searches on hold for the time being. Feel free to post ideas, though!

That being said, I remain committed to my current partnerships and have no plans of dropping my RP's. That said, I might not be able to reply as often as I'd otherwise like due to college stuff.

High Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

So... three years later. Time flies. I'm still doing college stuff, as my other attempts at college stuff in 2020-2022 were... well, inconclusive due to pandemic + wallet conspiracies. It's how the dice fall sometimes. So now I'm in a different country... doing different college stuff in an attempt to finally clinch that degree I want. If you find that difficult to track, don't worry: so do I. It's been messy.

Given RPA is still recovering, I'm on Discord for short-form RP's. I'm also open for small group RPs as well. My first post can definitely use an update, but I'm still around. Just ping me.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i have a character i'd like to use, its a 40k character but a mortal one, I recently made him and want to flesh out his personality. I like fish out of water scenarios, where my character gets put into a world of your choosing and he has to fend for himself probably with the help of your character. how does that sound?

Spoiler: Things I like