Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greed of the Seven Seas

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Just my suggestion, but ship's doctor (could get you on a shore party)? Gunner (probably below decks, not as likely for shore duty). Crewman? Sharp shooter?
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

A sharp shooter may work. I am thinking of playing a fae / fairy character. So something above decks, I don't think she would do well spending most of her time below decks.

Edit: Actually I just got caught up on the IC and I am thinking a thief, the theif that actually stole the brooch and caused the scuffle. If it is alright I'll have my theif sneak aboard the ship or maybe one of the crew will catch on that they stole the brooch.
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 07-22-2020 at 05:20 AM.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

@AngelDellaNotte; There is definitely room for more! I say go with thief if that is what you want . Yes she can sneak onto she ship, but a crew member might catch her, perhaps Boggs.
    Last edited by Moonlit_Fae; 07-22-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Name: Baez

Race: Fae / Fairy

Spoiler: Appearance: 

Powers: Flight, her wings are not just pretty things on her back, she is able to fly as high or far as she wants with these, well at least until she gets tired. Like running or swimming she has a limited stamina. She is able to speak Elvish, Drow, Draconic, Orcish and Dwarven.

Character Flaw(s): Baez has an unhealthy attraction to anything shinny, something that often gets her in trouble as she doesn't always pay for it or ask permission before taking. Over the years she has gotten fairly good at stealing things but from time to time she slips up causing her get in trouble.

Weapons:
    A collapsible spear that when extended is about four feet long and collapsed is about a foot and half and can be worn on her belt. She is quite skilled at diving in and out of battle barely giving her enemies a chance to see what happened before they fall.

Job on Ship: In the years shes spent on ships Baez has spent most of her time in the crows nest and on the masts. She usually can be found keeping watch, unfurrowling sails and mending them as she doesn't need ropes to hold her up.

Background: Born a slave the first sixteen years of her life Baez knew nothing else. She was in the service of the dragon Korasz, a fearful great red. Her job for the dragon was at first that of a lowly servant, cleaning his rooms, bringing him food and whatever errands he wanted. For the most part she had a decent childhood learning at a very young age that it was best to just do what you were told and stay out of the dragon's way. She found that she had a knack for languages easily learning to understand what Korasz said when speaking Draconic. Baez kept this to herself fearing that Korasz would be upset at her being able to understand him but eventually he caught on though he wasn't angry he started using her as a translator. When he realized she had a gift for language he taught her to speak Elvish, Drow, Orcish and Dwarven so he could use her to spy on his guests who spoke freely among a lowly no doubt uneducated slave.

Her circumstance changed when she reach the age of fifteenth and she began filling out as a woman. Korasz was known to take whatever pleasures he wanted with his slaves and his eye fell on Baez. His touching of her increased and it was only a matter of time before he took her to his bed. Baez feared what would happen when he finally acted on his desires and one day when she was sent into the village a thought that had never crossed her mind before appeared. It would be so easy to escape as she had no guards or anything keeping her from fleeing. Most slaves were kept from escaping by the fear of what would happen to their families if they escaped but Baez had no family that she knew of. She had been bought as a toddler to be a playmate for Korasz's children. Baez just did it she didn't return with the goods she had been sent to fetch. She found her way into a blacksmith shop and tried to use a hammer to break her manacles off but failed and the blacksmith found her. Instead of turning her back over to Korasz the blacksmith helped Baez cut the manacles off.

Finding a way out of the village was harder as the only way out without going through Korasz's lands was by sea and she couldn't find work or passage on a ship, women being bad luck and all. The blacksmith who helped suggested she pretend to be a boy as Korasz had been sending soldiers to look for her and it was getting harder to hide from them. Baez cut her hair, wrapped her breasts and dressed in boys clothes, it doing the trick allowing her to get a job aboard ship and she was able to leave the village.

Over the years she moved from ship to ship leaving either because she got caught stealing or it became too hard to pass as a teenage boy as she should have aged in the years she had been aboard. Whenever her shipmates started asking questions she knew it was time to move on. Currently Baez is between ships living in a port city of al-Andalus.

We Are Warriors

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

@AngelDellaNotte; accepted!

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Sorry for the delay in posting everyone. I am back and less distracted from real life things. I hope everyone is still interested and the story continues.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

@Enigma; @AngelDellaNotte; just curious if will be posting anytime soon. It has been a bit. If I need to fix my post to add for more interactions with your characters please let me know. I can also do another post to move things along.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

We were working on a co-op but I haven't heard from Enigma recently.

We Are Warriors

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

sorry, there were things I needed to take care off.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

No worries.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast