Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greed of the Seven Seas

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

posted, I'm dark orange, AngelDellaNotte is cyan.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Moonlit! If you're still taking on crew, I'll join in two weeks. Preferably as a navigator who's never really right, but he is in some way. Say: he's constantly nagging everyone the compasses are off, he claims to know it better (he really doesn't) but he does have a hunch for treasure. All in all, when he's nagging, it might just be worth it to indulge him in his fantasy.

Anyway, I'm hyped! Over the test of time I've deducted that pirate RP's are golden; the central hub of the ship makes for a safe standard.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Just read a bit of the IC and the entirety of OOC; Will take some time to devise a character. I'm thinking more humanoid than the others, but will seek some niche. A cartographer-navigator meets nautical hobo.

If accepted, I'll send a PM to incorporate him into the story. Shouldn't have any rush!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

We are still accepting! I look forward to working with you on character creation. Send me a PM anytime.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Just a heads up, I won't be able to post until sometime next week due to real life complications.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Good luck with whatever you're experiencing!
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I am back! Sorry again for the delay. Things should continue as normal now. Also if anyone wants to play the ship's doctor please let me know.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I could play the doctor if nobody else would like to. The gears are already turning. I'm thinking... snakes?
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Ooh snakes, intriguing! I like it. Go for it. Please be the doctor.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Alright, how's this:

Name: Tanit

Race: Naga

Spoiler: Appearance 

Powers:

Specialized Venom: Even in human form, her fangs are capable of delivering a dangerous venom. However, the effects of this venom are changeable, depending on the circumstances. She has the choice of tranquilzing, corrosive, sickening, or simply deadly venom. Tranquilizng venom causes victims to fall into a deep sleep within 15 minutes of a bite, corrosive can dissolve most organic materials with varying levels of speed and success, sickening makes the victim highly nauseous, restricts their breathing slightly, gives them extreme vertigo, and alternates between giving them a burning fever or freezing cold, and deadly venom kills with an hour, unless given the antidote by her or another with supernatural healing capabilities.

Fixer of Flesh: Although her venom can be deadly to those who meet her ire, it can also be a salvation. Her saliva can be used for the same use, though it is much slower and weaker. Her venom can reverse all the other effects (unless they have died since they have been bitten), act as a painkiller, remove common disease, and speed up the healing process. She does not need to inject her venom for healing, but it works best that way. Even her hands and presence seems to be good for healing, as disease or injury seems to dull with her nearby.

Character Flaw(s): Frivolous and flighty, she has her head in the clouds often. She oftentimes has trouble speaking clearly, as her mind is moving faster than her mouth can get the words out. She also has a bad memory for things that others would consider important. She is also vain, and a bit of buttering her up will get you anything from her, with the exception of some of her good venom.

Weapons: Venomous bite, sharp claws, and a mysteriously fancy saber.

Job on Ship: Ship's doctor and resident fashion expert. As she says, "If I can't steal, burn, and loot, and look pretty, then what's even the point?"

Background: Tanit comes from Phonecia, particularly where the Nile meets the Meditterannean. There, she was raised by Naga monks in the arts of venomwork. The monks taught her not only to injure, but to heal with her venom. When she came of age, she was sent out on a pilgrimage to Greece where she promptly forgot all of her monk disciplines.

Instead, she became enthralled with the lively culture and set up an apothecary in Thebes, healing people for money. She soon had a repeat customer, Agata, the daughter of a nobleman with a penchant for dangerous fun. She soon began to see Agata nearly every day, and the two became close friends. Agata would often read the poems of Sappho to Tanit, who thought the poems were very nice.

Tanit and Agata's relationship was unclear, but they clearly had a very close bond. But Agata's father would not stand such a relationship. Agata was to be married to a prince from Sparta, much to the dismay of Agata herself. As for Tanit, well, she was supposed to "have fled from Thebes, without as much as a goodbye". This was an obvious lie, and Tanit was meant to be executed, but for Agata's help. In the night, she snuck Tanit aboard a ship heading up to Scandinavia. Agata gave Tanit a sword to protect herself, and a kiss to remember her by.

Tanit was not aboard the ship for long before she was discovered. The crew nearly fed her to the sharks, if not for Tanit's penchant for healing. She was allowed to stay on the ship so long as she gave her services as a healer. But the ship never made it to Scandinavia. They were attacked by pirates in the Bay of Biscay. These pirates however, treated her far nicer, and the captain was much prettier than the boring old Gaul that captained the last ship she was on. So she joined the crew of the Siren's Song, a healer and a pirate. And she still gets a bit teary-eyed when she hears somebody reading the poems of Sappho.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 09-02-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast