Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Greed of the Seven Seas [M] [IC]

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Tanit shook her head. She handed a dark brown bottle of unknown liquid to Romalia.
    “It’s just like them to rescue somebody in the same day as a raid.” She looked down at Romalia as she struggled to sit up. “You’re on the Siren’s Song. A pirate vessel, scourge of these waters. This will punch just a bit.” Without waiting for a response, Tanit opened her jaws and slid her fangs into Romalia’s neck. Instantly, she began to feel better. “Not much I can do about the dehydration, but I’ve cured your sunstroke and whatever other injuries you’ve got.” She pointed to the bottle. “This’ll help get you rehydrated, drink all of it.” With a quick twist, she uncorked the bottle. A foul-smelling green smoke wafted up.

“My name’s Tanit. I’m the medic of this ship. If you’re still feeling bad after that, come see me again. There’s isn’t much I can’t fix. After you’re feeling better, look for Captain V. She and old Blackfin are the ones that saved you from a watery grave.” She helped Romalia sit up, and pulled a bucket over with her foot. “If you’re gonna retch, do it now. Can’t have you throwing up my potion. Waste of root and all that.”
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Romalia gasped at the fangs in her neck and help still thinking that she might be dead after everything, but gained strength. In a bit of wonder she allowed herself to be helped up and felt her neck.
    "Uh, thanks." She croaked, a little glad she had nothing left to retch from not eating anything for a few days. She smelled a little worse than the rum and other liqueur she drank. After a tense moment for her, she swallowed before chugging it and spluttering afterwords and wiping her mouth. "Well, I'v had better." she groaned. "Thanks."

It did come to her that Tanit just said that they were pirates, but they couldn't be all bad if they took the time to save her and allow her to recover, along with seeming roaming the ship free. "I assume the captain will be on the top deck?"
    She stood up a little shakily, but thankfully found her footing and put a hand to her head as it spun. Must be some residual problems resolving themselves using the woman's venom and her strange concoction.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Romance, slice of life, fantasy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

After Lola had gone to get Tanit as commanded, she returned, looking curiously at the newcomer. She was glad the crew was back to their teasingly irritating selves. She felt a lot more secure knowing that she wasn't going to bleed out. And if anybody asked about the blood, she could always say it was the guards. She wondered what had happened to get the poor woman into this situation.

Lola couldn't help but grin as she heard the whistles directed towards the captain. She couldn't help but join in on the fun. Everyone knew it was all for fun- anyone who tried to make a serious advance on the captain would find themselves without a head. No one, however, could deny that the captain was a sight to see.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

As V was steering the ship she noticed the cast away coming up the stairs. V went halfway to meet her and steadied her with her own body.
    "Easy now lass. Hey Kip get me a stool and table. Also have Claudia come up with some food and water."

Kip, the gnome nodded and did as he was told. Within moments he brought over a stool. V helped to rest the newcomer there. " Now tell me your story. How did you end up at sea?"

As she awaited answers Claudia came from down below with a jug of fresh water and some light broth she had used by steaming bones from a chicken they had got at port earlier. "V we are all gone starve if you keep adopting anybody you see. I keep a tight kitchen. This is the only meal this runt will get until they earn their keep."

V just rolled her eyes as she watched Claudia descend back down to the kitchen. "Don't worry her bark is worse then her bite.'

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Default Sniper and Moon Co-op

Romalia slowly swirled her broth with her spoon.
    “How far back do you want me to go?” She
    asked. “Do you want why I’m on the ocean, or why I was found on that godforsaken piece of driftwood?”

Captain V continued to steer the ship and kept her eyes on the ocean. But she remained focused on the conversation. "I would like to hear it all. If you have good skills maybe we can use you in the crew. But I need to know about you first."

She sighed before taking a sip of the broth. It hurt to eat. “I was born off the coast of spain.” she said. “We lived on the streets, my brother and I. And then he left to join musketeers. I haven’t seen him since.” She took another sip before continuing. “I joined a merchant ship’s crew. Won’t say I didn’t get into any mischief, but I pulled my own weight. And then... “ She gave a shutter. “They came. Pirates they were, though more…” She gave another shutter.

V shrugged her shoulders. "We are a rowdy and cruel bunch. Some more so than others. You are with pirates now, how do you feel?' she then paused. "Do you know the name of the ship?"

Romalia shook her head. “No.” She said simply. “Though I figure you’re decent considering you took the time to care for me and haven’t thrown me in the brig.”

"Well you don't know me that well yet. Maybe we saved you just to use you as bait later when we go and steal some treasure." She remained serious for a few moments. Then she let out a laugh.

Romalia couldn’t help but smile. “Well then, I’ll try and look convincing.” She said, though her heart wasn’t in it. “Thanks. If you hadn't been soft enough to rescue me, I’d be fish food.”

"Don't mention it. Just don't complain when we do have to hurt people. That is what a pirate's life is. You happen to be our good deed for the day. But earlier we took out a port city's guards. Tonight we will raid an island. Probably kill all the people and take their treasure." She snapped her fingers and another crew mate came over to take the helm. "The course is set. Stay on the path and I'll be back." She turned to face Romalia. "Now how about a change of clothes and a bath?"

Romalia finally took the time to look at herself and realized that her torn clothes were quite revealing, and she grew quite red in the face. “For the love of-” She said quietly before cutting herself off and purposefully folded her arms over her exposed breasts. “Uh… Lead the way Captain.”

"No need to be modest here. This crew has seen a lot. Hell they just saw me naked not too long ago." Captain V opened the double doors to her room. Her bath was already full with steaming water. There were simple pants and a tunic laid out, probably too big for her. But it was all that they had. "Well have at it. Come out when you're done. If you can be of use on the ship let me know."

“Uh, will do.” she said before stripping herself bare. Exposing yourself in front of men was one thing, but women already knew. Once all her torn clothes had been removed, she gingerly placed herself in the Captain’s hot bath and she took a sharp intake of air as her still cool body touched the hot water, but then started to sigh soon after as she settled herself. She sat there, contemplating everything that had happened and the role she could play on this ship. This would be structured almost like any other ship, though maybe more unruly. She felt like it may be best for a few reasons. They may actually decide to toss her back into the sea, or tie her up and use her as bait as they said if she refused to help them. But she had never forgotten her time on the streets. It was practical hell if you weren’t careful, having to steal to live, even fighting with others just for a choice spot to sleep or a crust of bread. Being a pirate, as much as she knew, probably wouldn’t be much different except that you had more people watching your back. Besides, maybe she’ll get a chance to meet the pirates who killed her last crew. She may not have liked the lot, but they were never unkind to her.
    She finally scrubbed herself down after some of her thoughts and got dressed. The Tunic hung loosely on her shoulders and still showed considerable cleavage, though she was more comfortable with it’s coverage than her torn clothes. The breeches were a little big around the waist, so she started to look around for a belt. Once she found one, she belted down her loose tunic and pants and walked out barefoot, since she had nothing else.

As the doors opened V nodded to Romalia. "Better already. Now take this." V threw a short sword with a sheath to the new girl. "This is all we have. As for shoes maybe you can look in our lost and found. It's all the left over gear from any of our crew that have died. We throw the body overboard covered in a shroud. The earthly possessions have no meaning after passing. It's down below next to the kitchen."

Romalia wasn’t really expecting a sword to be thrown at her, but she had little difficulty catching it. “I hear you.” she said and turned to the ocean in thought.

"One thing you need to know about this crew. The only thing that matters to us is loyalty. Everyone is here by their own choice. Make your decision wisely if you want to stay with this crew. Everyone is family and you fight to protect whoever is beside you. Cross me or the crew and I'll kill you myself." V then turned and went back to shouting orders at her crew. She then took a huge swig from the flask at her side.

Romalia turned back to the captain to listen. “Aye.” She said softly and watched V and the rest of the crew for the minute. “Sounds like some crew.”
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Captain V now back out on the deck looked up at the crow's nest. She wanted to have another word with the small fairy boy. She could not have bad blood before an upcoming land battle for treasure. V let out a loud whistle to get their attention. Then she shouted. "Hey come down here. We need to talk."

She took another swig from her flask, feeling the liquid courage in her veins. She hoped she did not sound threatening and hoped this encounter would be more peaceful then the one before...

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

At the captain's whistle, Dragon's eyes slid open and she stared down at the deck below, looking for the captain from her perch on top of the spar. But it didn't seem to be her the captain was looking for. With a sigh, she settled back down. Midnight would be along soon enough.

What was the purpose of going there, she wondered? And where were they going next?

And why did that new person smell so familiar?
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default Co-op: Moonlit_Fae x ADN

After the commotion on deck with the cast away things quickly went back to normal. Or at least what Baez thought was normal. She hadn't seen enough of the crew to know their baseline but they were behaving as normal sailors would. With her tasks done for the day Baez stood letting the wind blow through her hair and her eyes closed just enjoying being back at sea. She had missed it being stuck in port. A whistle caught her attention but she didn't open her eyes until she heard the captain call out to her. Great what was it now? Had the captain picked out her whistle among the jeers? Or did she just want to drill into her again about how she wasn't trustworthy. Maybe a few more not so veiled death threats.

At first Baez thought about not coming down but that would only make things worse. So instead she knelt down took at drink of her flask then leapt over the edge of the crow's nest gracefully drifting down. "Aye captain?" Baez said, realizing she didn't know the captain's name. Hell she only knew the names of two people on the ship, Tanit and Lola.

"The full name is Captain Vivian but Captain V or Cap'n is fine." She said when the fae boy had landed in front of her. Off to a good start so far. "I'd rather not call you scoundrel so what's your name?" She waited for the response. V would be as civil as she could be this time. Her anger really was her worst enemy. She acted first and asked questions later. As captain she could sometimes afford that pleasure. She just wanted to make sure her crew were safe and her ship ran smoothly.

"Baez." She said, noticing the captain seemed a little different this time and it wasn't just that she didn't have a sword to her throat. It was like she was trying to keep something under control. They had gotten off to a bad start but perhaps it didn't have to stay that way. Baez kinda hoped so it would nice to be on a ship again and this one seemed like a nice one. The crew was a mixed lot so if things worked out she may be able stay a while.

"Well Baez,I have a job offer for you. As long as you can promise to never cross any one of us again." She reached into her satchel and pulled out a pouch. She tossed it to Baez. It jingled as it soard through the air. As it landed Baez would have felt the weight of the coins. Inside were 10 gold coins. "Now that is just a small pay out. Everyone on this crew gets paid for the work they put in. The more you do the more you get paid. I could use someone like you. A rogue type to scout out areas and steal things. Gather information. Think of that as an upfront." She paused and took the boy in. "So whay doyou think?"

"You want to pay me to steal?" Baez asked, wondering if she had heard right. She hadn't sailed with many pirates but the few she had, she kept her sticky fingers to herself. It was strange to think she would allowed and encouraged to steal. Not crossing the crew wasn't an issue with the exception of her shinny obsession. "I can work with that but I should be up front with you, fairies have a slight tendency to be unable to resist shinny stuff. I might slip up from time to time. To be honest that's what happened in the market." Baez said, reaching into her pouch and pulling out the mayor's wife's brooch.

Captain V let out a laugh at seeing the brooch. "Well yes I do want you to steal and be paid for it. If you steal for me I don't mind. I'll try to keep that in mind. Also one thing to note, I have a bad temper. Sometimes that gets the better of me. Just a fair warning. You like shiny things and I like to yell." She unhooked her flask again and downed some more. She then offered a sip to hopefully her new long term crew mate.
    "Can you fly while carrying someone?"

Baez looked up at the captain who like most people was quite a bit taller than her. She was used to this usually she was the shortest person in the room unless there was a dwarf or halfling. "Nope, not unless you got some halflings I haven't seen. Dwarves are usually too heavy. Built like little boulders if you ask me." Baez said, not intentionally being a smart ass. It was just the she was, another thing that often got her in trouble. She took the flask from the other woman and took a drink, it was strong. "I'm limited by my strength. I can fly a fair amount of time but not if I am weighed down."

"Ah shit I was hoping for a ride. A strong young lad to carry me off into the clouds. Ah well." She said returning the smart add comments she wanted Baez to know it was ok to not be serious all the time and she preferred banter. "That is good to note. Mostly I'll have you be scouting ahead and memorizing placement of enemies and where treasure is. Now what do you have for weapons ?"

Was the captain flirting with her? Boy she would be surprised if she found out Baez was a woman. Or would she. Captain V laid out what would be expected of her, it was easy enough. Then the mention of weapons. She had been keeping her spear in the crow's nest not wanting to set them off. But the captain wasn't an idiot, she knew Baez had to of been armed. She jumped into the air without a word flying up to grab her spear then was back in front of the captain. Baez held the collapsed spear before her then opened it up extending it to full length.

Captain V watched Baez fly off. She was impressed with his speed and dexterity. She eyed the spear as he landed back in front of her. "I am impressed. I hope you are good with that. Now if you want another weaopn I have some down below. Mostly swords and daggers." V paused and looked back to the wheel and eyed the map. They were strong and steady on their course. In about an hour they would reach the island desitnation and be able to look for treasure.

"Trust me, I know how to handle it." Baez said, spinning the spear around. On one of her early ships a older sailor had taught her how to use a spear. He always said, A lad needs to know how to defend himself. They had ran through a number of different weapons before they found the one Baez was best with. She was pretty handy with a pistol but it took too long to reload that she preferred to use a spear. It was easier to drop down stab someone and bounce back in the air ready to strike again. "Where we heading anyway?" Baez asked, as she hit the button on her spear to collapse it.

Captain V gave a slight nod of approval watching Baez with the spear. Her hands still on the wheel guiding the Siren's Song along. The salty breeze from the ocean coming up and spraying at their faces. There really was nothing like life at sea. She couldn't imagine being stuck on land and not being able to enjoy the freedom of open waters. Baez's voice brought her from her thoughts. "We are headed to a small island off the coaat or Spain. There are bound to be locals to contend with. Possibly other pirates. But I will kill anyone who stands in my way of glory " Her voice was serious and her sapphire eyes were hardened with determination.

At the mention of Spain Baez froze though she tried to recover quickly hoping the Captain didn't see her hesitation. Baez was from Spain and had only been there a few times since running away and usually found an excuse to stay on the ship. Captain V mentioned they were headed to an island and the only islands were off the Southern coast. Koraz and her homeland were in the north. The odds of running into anyone from her past was very low. "Right, well I will be up in the crow's nest if you need me. Best to get some rest if you want my to scout around the island."

V noticed Baez reacted weird to the word Spain. She shrugged her shoulders. It was not her past to be bothered with. All that mattered was the now. And right now the island was on the horizon. Captain V rang the ball. "Land ho! My crew prepare to set sail for land. Treasure will be ours !"

Well it looked like Baez wasn't getting that nap. How had they got so close to land without her noticing. She guessed it was talking with the Captain that distracted her. Not knowing if she was going to get run through, the surprised at being made part of the crew. She jumped up and flew to the crow's nest to get a better view. When they got close enough she would fly ahead and get an idea of what they were looking at.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"Uh, Capt'n?" Romalia started, "You said we're going to an island off the coast of Spain?"
    Growing up off the coast of Spain, she wasn't really sure how she felt about raiding her old home. She also didn't want to run into her brother and have to kill let alone fight him. But she did want to see him again, it had been so long.
    She straightened after asking her question.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Mr. Gibbs appeared from the hatch. "Land already?"

The booze had been very welcome, but he'd hoped to get a night of drinking in before arrival. Now they'd need to stand a good watch if they wanted to avoid the Spanish ships sure to be patroling the coast, every man jack among the crew keepin' a wary eye out.

"Man yer stations," he bellowed. "Man the yards and be ready to reef sails, lest we wind up on da rocks!"

Captain was a mermaid, surely she's know a safe course.... Of course, iffen the harbor was full of her kinfolk and she intended to break the ship, there weren't much he could do about it other than to find the highest point and keep his ears plugged.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast