Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greed of the Seven Seas [M] [IC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Captain V clapped her hands mockingly toward the young gentleman who flew down from the crow's nest. At least that's how V interpert this lanky and scrawny stow away on her ship. She knew from experience when people pretended to be something they were not. She couldn't help but to cock half a smile. "Bravo, great performance. I do give you credit for making yourself look weak so we underestimate you " She then removed her flask and tipped it toward the stranger like she was toasting to him. Then she took a nice long swig

"Now I'm going to ask you once and don't bullshit me. It will be you versus me and my crew. Although I'm sure Blackfin could easily take you and eat you as a snack." She then took her cutlass and pointed the sharp edge very close to the individual. "Why are you on my ship and why shouldn't I kill you?"

Before V could get an answer it seemed Dragon was acquaintced with this individual. The small child had flown over to her and bumped into her, as if greeting an old friend and trying to interact with her. This was the most animated and happy V had ever seen Dragon. V was about to drop her cutlass and accept this person until..

The half orc woman instantly recognized this thief stow away as the one who had set her up. "Hey cap'n this is the person that bumped into me in the crowd and framed me for the broach! That little runt is what started the whole fight back at the docks!"

V would never stand for someone trying to set up her crew to take the fall. This individual wasn't too smart to hitch a ride on the pirate ship they tried to frame.

A low growl came from V's throat as she shot a warning. "Dragon get over here NOW! I do not care if you know this person. They framed my crew and tried to get away with it !" V felt her blood boiling and her temper was about to go off, already itching for another fight.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Ah well shit,” Baez said, looking at the blade of the sword. She scanned the ship knowing there was no way she could fight or flee her way out of this. Which meant she was going to have to talk her way out of it and the odds of that weren't very good. At this point she knew she was screwed. He judgment had been off all day so why change now? “Is there an answer that doesn't get me run through?” Baez said, reaching out and touching the tip of the sword feeling that it was quite sharp. The captain took good care of her blade. “Cause frankly you aren't going to like the truth but what the hell here we go. I've been stuck in that god awful port for the last six weeks after getting thrown off my last ship. Moral of the story a privateer ship is not a good place for a thief. I've sold off anything of value while waiting for some kind of ship other than a fishing trolley to come in. To be honest I'm going insane in that backass port. It wasn't until that walking mountain practically ran me over that I realized there was a ship in port.” Baez said, knowing insulting the half orc woman probably was a bad idea but things didn't seem like they could get worse.

“So I figured I could sneak aboard the ship and get the hell out of there. I started to head to the docks when that damn woman came by with her jewelry that was beyond temptation came by. The mountain of a woman happened to be there and I thought two birds one stone. I could get a little prize and a bit of revenge for being stepped on. You really should watch where you are going, it's rude not to.” Baez said, turning to the half orc woman then back to the captain. “Really I didn't think it would go that badly. A woman of your size and no doubt brute strength I thought you would lay a couple of guards out and make your way back to the ship. The entire city guard freaking out like that came out of nowhere. But hey ya all got out of there relatively unharmed.”

She looked around the crew trying to see how her story was going but she couldn't judge the mood. Baez had a feeling this might be the end of her yet continued on. “So that's what happened. What can I say except today has turned out to be a very bad day mostly of my own making but that seems to be my life story. Why shouldn't you feed me to shark boy? I don't know but I could be use to you. A flyer can be useful on a ship. I can get places you can't reach without a lot of risk. I'm not half bad in a fight either. And I'm fluent in multiple languages. But whatever it's up to you.”
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 09-25-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Blackfin watched the winged boy flutter down on insectine wings. He looked ruffled, but only in the way an intentional ruffling would produce. When he spoke, his voice was higher than Blackfin anticipated, and he had a mighty stutter. The Captain questioned him, brandishing her cutlass. He gave roundabout answers, never telling a lie but never giving the whole truth and statement. A faerie. Jus' what we need, Blackfin thought.

Suddenly, Dragon darted forward, nearly bowling the faerie over. The faerie uttered something in a hissing, guttural language Blackfin could only guess was Draconic. The Captain seemed to be at ease, until Cutthroat roared.

"Hey cap'n this is the person that bumped into me in the crowd and framed me for the broach! That little runt is what started the whole fight back at the docks!" Instantly, both the Captain and Blackfin reacted. Captain V growled, ready to cut the throat of the faerie. Blackfin stood quickly, knocking over the stool. Tanit made a small shriek, more of anger than fear. She leaned away from him, nursing her now-aching fangs.

"Watch it! I need these." She glared at him, but he only waved a hand over his shoulder. While the faerie relayed his tale and attempted to talk his way out of his predicament, Blackfin weaved through the crew. His bootsteps were the only ones beyond the shuffling of feet as he circled the faerie. Finally, he was on the other side of the faerie as the Captain. If he tried anything, he'd have to make a choice. And that choice would cost him time, and most likely his life.

He seemingly parted the crew on his side as he strode towards the faerie. They shuffled in behind him. He leaned forward towards the faerie, the gills on his neck flaring as he took in a deep breath of the faerie's scent. Nothing special, although there was the lingering reptilian scent of dragonscales on his clothes.

"Cap'm." He said without removing his eyes from the faerie's face. "He doesn' seem like much. Not even worth a bite. But somethin' tells me he'll work mighty hard. An' we may jus' have to make him prove his loyalty t' the crew if we let him stay on." He smiled a toothy grin.

Tanit watched the whole debacle with interest that drained by the moment, until Blackfin started making thinly veiled threats. She perked up, interested to see what she could get away with. She strode forward, moving through the crew like water, until she was just off the Captain's right side.

"Captain? I think I've got a job he could do, just to earn his keep." She smiled sweetly at Vivienne, hoping to win her over. "I've been needing somebody to help me sort all my things and keep my room in order." To her side, Jimin rolled his eyes. "With all my herbs and things, I can never keep it organized." Everybody dimly remembered the time they had needed her in the middle of the night, only to have make their way through a precarious maze of objects and chests. Her room did need some organizing.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The shark man circled around her and she could easily tell he was someone important. It was obvious the woman was the captain so perhaps he was the first mate. Baez had spent enough time around dragons to know how to behave around a predator. It was best not to make eye contact but you couldn't shrink away. The best idea was to stand firm but not to seem hostile. It was a very fine line to walk. He didn't seem to want to eat her or anything else equally unpleasant. The snake woman came next and Baez was perplexed by her. She had seen the snake woman with her fangs in the shark man but couldn't figure out what she was doing. The woman suggested Baez work in her rooms to keep them clean.

After tidying up after a dragon how bad could it be? Dragons after all were the biggest hoarders out there. But Baez didn't like the idea of being indebted to anyone. “I'll earn my keep but I want to make it clear if you want me be your slave you can kill me now.” She said, unconsciously touching her wrists right where the scars left from a lifetime of wearing shackles were, though to anyone watching it looked like she was fiddling with the hem of her gloves. Baez meant it too, years ago after fleeing to freedom she had vowed to never be a slave again.

We Are Warriors

Romance, slice of life, fantasy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Lola watched as the scene unfolded before her. Based on first impressions, she didn't like the boy at all. After all, he had managed to frame Cutthroat, initiate the destruction of a port, and anger the Captain all in less than an hour. She grimaced. Nothing about this looked good. Despite that, she knew it would be unjust to run him through now.

"Captain, if you would permit, I could watch this scum while he's not working." she said, stepping forward so the captain could see her. She knew it was the right thing to do, but that didn't make her like it any more.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Captain V watched as Blackfin circled the faerie boy. The boy seemed defiant even in the face of fear. Even appeared to be clever and able to hold his own in a fight. His excuses were sorry though. Framing someone for his own crimes was not of worthy character. Not that she should speak of moral code, but she did protect her own and she did not like that this boy challenged her and her crew.

As Blackfin requested he stay aboard, she was going to reply to him but others chimed in before her. Tanit had a job for him and Lola would watch him. It seemed agreeable enough, until the faerie boy spoke again.

"Loyalty is our highest honor in this crew. No one is here against their will. Loyalty also gets protection. All of us would give our lives to protect the one fighting besides us. Something I do not think that you posess given you would easily throw someone to blame for your cursed actions. I'm not sure I'd want you beside me. How do I know you wouldn't stab me in the back?"

V did not wait for a response. "You are lucky I am not in the killing mood. You can either fly off and take your chances on the open waters. Or you can earn your stay by following Tanit's every order as she will be putting you to work. Lola is going to be your shadow wherever you go, even to the chamber pot. If she reports to me of you scheming or stabbing one of my crew mates in the back, I'll kill you myself. The next port will be within a week."

V then sheathed her cutlass and took another swig. "Oh and before we continue I want you to give a sincere apology to Sibohain, the one you got into trouble in the first place."

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

An elf woman offered to be her guard and Baez thought little of it. If this elf wanted to follow her around it didn't matter to Baez, it sounded boring if you asked her. Without the element of surprise just about any member of this crew could easily beat her in a fight. She knew if any sort of fight broke out between her crew she would be fleeing rather than fighting. Baez didn't intend to start a fight while here but the crew seemed so touchy. It was a little hard to believe they were pirates. Usually they were crude and fought with each other every chance they got. Most of the time just for the fun of it. The Captain made a comment about stabbing her in the back, Baez almost quipped back with some smart ass comment about them doing nothing but threatening to kill her since she revealed herself. However the best way to get out of here was to just keep her head down until they reached port and hopefully it would be better than the last port.

So she held her tongue and turned to follow the weird woman back to her rooms to do whatever cleaning needed done. The captain spoke again demanding a apology. It took every ounce of will power not to shoot some kind of insult back, refusing. Who did this woman think she was? One of Korasz's governesses? Baez thought of Eugenia, the old woman who took care of the dragon's children and often looked after the slaves kept as playmates. The woman had hated Baez and was one of the few people actually employed by the dragon rather than enslaved. She always acted like she was leagues above the slaves. The woman had gone out of her way to make Baez's life hard. Again Baez resisted the urge to tell the captain to go fuck herself and take her chance flying back to shore. “Sorry,” She muttered not very sincere but not defiantly either. It was more like a sullen child caught taking tarts from the kitchen.

We Are Warriors

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

how many days had it been? two? three? it was hard to keep track with a throbbing head and an empty stomach. No matter. soon she'd be found and she'd be able to eat to her hearts content until she burst. but thinking about the stories some of her old mates told about survivors that gorged themselves to death almost made her heave the non-existent contents of her stomach. she groaned.
    if it had already been three days, she may be dead soon. no one can last without water much more than three days. And drinking too much salt water is suicide, with it drying you up about as much as give you the water needed.

She was already weak from the cuts and bruises sustained in the fight a few days ago when brigands attacked her ship. and her days were spent clinking to this still floating piece of drift wood from her ship. and the gash on the head didn't help matters.
    her clothes were torn to shreds, so much so it was almost a wonder they stayed on, even exposing half her breast.
    it was hard to keep her eyes open, but she knew she had to stay awake. more old tales.
    on top of that, she was so cold she couldn't feel her legs. it would be little surprise to find them nibbled off by whatever fish decided to try her out.
    by the end of the day, she could only hope for rescue.

Then she thought she saw something out of the corner of her eye. a ship.
    'please let me not be hallucinating.' was the one thought that came to mind before she started weekly kicking over to the ship.
    she thought she moved, but it was hard to tell with stiff legs you couldn't feel. but she felt the effort it took on her already week body, so she must have been doing something. but it would still take a while and her breathing was already getting very labored and her eyes were already so heavy.
    She grit her teeth. she had to keep moving, stay awake.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Everything had seemed to settle down again. Lola was watching the newcomer, the fae boy closely. Everyone else had gone back to their duties among the ship. Captain V stayed sturdy at the helm, keeping a close watch. The hours went by as the ship plotted her course for the island, where treasure would be had. Despite the excitiement from earlier in the day at the port, this crew was ready for more adventure and lavished riches. V took the glask from her side and took another swig. At this point her alcoholic addiction didn't even get her drunk. She needed the alcohol to sustain her. Just like the sea water brought life to her mermaid lungs. Speaking of, V was itching for a swim.

That thought brought someone from up in the crow's nest to call her attention. "Cap'n something floating in the water! Looks like a body." V instantly grabbed for the telescop at her side. She quickly brought it up to her eye and looked out at the open waters. There was something! A body floating a top debris, possibly water logged wood. Her heart beat fast. yes she was a savage priate, but she still honred the dead that was found at sea. V knew she should go out to the wreckage and investiagte. This person would need a proper send off at least. It was the way of the waters, priates paid their respects to the dead. But wait...what was that? It looked like something more was propelling the person in the water besides the slow current. Yes! V could see through the lense that the person was weakly wading in the water toward the ship. She had to help.

"Dop the anchor!" V commanded as she began to undress, preparing her body for the water. "Blackfin gather a row boat nd meet me out in the water!" That was all V commanded as she ran for the edge of the ship and dove into the water. Instantly her body transformed. Her skin became illuminescent blue and green scales. Her eyes grew large and red, resembling fish eyes. Her gills came to life breathing in the salted water. V's legs were replaced with a strong mermaid's tail that propelled her through the depths. Fins sprouted along her arms and back. She had fully transformed into her other self.

V made it to the person swiftly, in a matter of minutes from the ship. She gently popped her head out of the water and took in the poor stranded soul. "Hello." she said softly, as to not startle the person. She wasn't too sure if this stranger had even seen a mermaid before. Most believed her kind to be sea folklore. "My name is Captain V. That ship over there is mine. It appears this is your lucky day. We will have you aboard shortly."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Her head was swimming, she might be hallucinating at this point. She was gaping at the mermaid in front of her.
    She started to slip and she instantly closed her mouth and held her breath as he fingers ached as they held onto the wood.
    "Alright." she said quickly, yet weekly. "just don't eat my legs."
    She knew she wouldn't be able to hold on for much longer. that small swim took a bit out of her.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast