Thread: [M] A Real Life Hallmark Christmas Movie (InfraredHero & Hannelorian)

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Default [M] A Real Life Hallmark Christmas Movie (InfraredHero & Hannelorian)

Andrew looked at the woman standing in front of him. Snowflakes glistened in her blonde hair, making her picture-perfect. He smiled as he looked up to the falling snow. It was as if this snowfall was made specifically for them. "You look as beautiful as the day..." His words trailed off, as if he didn't want to relive an old memory. He took her hands in his own and took a step closer, closing the distance between them. "I'm so glad you came back." He leaned ever so closer to her, until...

"Cut!" A voice rang out and Andrew let go of the womans hands and took a few steps back from her, turning his attention to the director and the rest of the filming crew. "We need more snow! It looks unnatural." The director gave orders to the crew manning the machine slowly shaking snow out onto the actors below. "Take fifteen," The director called out to the rest of the cast and crew as the snow machine crew went out to get more supplies.

Andrew walked away from his co-star as he brushed his clothes off in an attempt to get rid of all the fake snow. "Real snow is bad enough," He mumbled to himself as he made his way to a table set up with snacks for the cast and crew. He took a grape and popped in into his mouth and he pulled out his phone to tweet something, now completely ignoring everyone else around.

The Grey Lady
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Red dress and fluffy coat or christmas sweater. Those were the two options afforded to Charlotte prior to filming the scene. In reality, both options seemed unappealing. The dress was unflattering, and the sweater would be itchy. It was hard to imagine something more uninspiring than this choice. Yet, that in and of itself was not entirely true. The most uninspiring thing being standing across from her co-star. Charlotte let out a sigh before pointing generally in the direction of the sweater. It stuck in her mind that the wardrobe assistant insisted that the sweater was not white. It was eggshell or ecru or off white or some other ridiculous word for what was essentially white. It was a cowl neck sweater, to be accompanied by form fitting jeans. Every aspect of her appearance was controlled, and not just on set. Charlotte's life was a heavily curated lie for lack of a better word. The public saw what Charlotte wanted them to see, nothing more, nothing less.

Charlotte found these silly little thoughts faded away, now as she stood there gazing up at Andrew with the "snow" falling down around them and on them, she thought of nothing. Or perhaps she thought of everything. The things she wanted to be nothing. For example, the way his hands felt clasping hers. Clammy, unpleasant. The way he seemed to be going through the motions of performing but not truly feeling or believing in the role. He didn't want to be there, and seemingly, neither did she. Charlotte longed for that to be nothing to her. It was conceivable that she felt insulted, he seemed to feel he was above this role, whereas this was her bread and butter.

She looked at him, gazing into his eyes lovingly, adoringly. Everything about her posture, screamed that she loved this man. The camera loved their height difference, but not enough to allow Charlotte to get by without an insert into the winter boots clad tightly on her feet. Boots that were a half size too small. Yet there she was, radiant, banishing any and all discomfort to make this one moment believable. Charlotte didn't look at the snow, she was entirely fixed on Andrew. As though nothing else in the world mattered, they stood alone together.

As he drew closer to her, closing the inches between them to mere centimeters, his head craning down, Charlotte drew herself ever so closer to him. Mentally she steeled herself up for the inevitable kiss that was coming until the Director shattered the silence. She felt his hands drop from hers almost instantly as though he couldn't do it fast enough. There was a small sigh of relief that escaped her lips in that moment. She stood there, motionless as she walked away, and for a second the fake smile that plastered her face faded, revealing a true expression of emptiness or perhaps sadness. Charlotte stepped away out of the snow and caught sight of hair and makeup coming toward her. She caught herself then and cracked the smile.

"You looked amazing there Char!" One of the women called, and Charlotte ever fulfilling her part nodded politely and offered her kind thanks. Char, she detested being called that. That's what he liked to call her. It left an unpleasant taste in her mouth. "Thanks, you know Andrew just makes it so easy." More lies, but they were believable. Charlotte Grace was after all, an actress. A damn brilliant one. She said the right things at the right times. She moved to walk with the two women, who as she moved like little elves were adjusting little bits of her outfit, clearing the fake snow from her brilliant, blonde hair.

Yet, she couldn't help but wonder. Charlotte laid her eyes on him from across the sound stage. On his phone, like always. Tweeting, or instagramming or whatever it was that people did. That was his life so it seemed. Moving toward the craft services table she folded her arms inhaled deeply, once again as though preparing for... the worst she supposed. "You could at least pretend to enjoy being here. Not just for your followers, but for the rest of us, you know." Charlotte commented not in a mean spirited way, but an off-handed one, something like a throw away comment.
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Andrew let out a slight groan when Charlotte approached and made what he took to be a passive aggressive dig at his character. "Two-hundred and Eighty characters." Andrew replied without even pulling his gaze away from his phone. "That's all I need to have a more meaningful conversation than anything I can get from this place." He finally looked away from his phone as he pocketed it, with what he thought was another great tweet under his belt.

Andrew forced a smile as he looked up at Charlotte and the two women with her. "No offence, of course. I have nothing against you or anyone else here for that matter. Movies like this are just... undignified. Besides, when filming is finally done, we'll all go our separate ways, so there's really no point in us pretending to be friends when I can interact with people I'll actually care about a year from now." Andrew spoke in a sincere tone to mask his rather rude remarks, though anyone with any experience in acting would know he was only doing this to save face and make himself sound nice without actually having to be nice.

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

As Andrew insulted Charlotte, her face gave nothing away. She stood before him with her signature smile plastered on her face as he demeaned and belittled her and her work. There were few things in life that made her angrier than arrogance, and those so blatantly offend while saying 'no offense.'

"Ah." Charlotte began in a rather calm, nearly understanding tone. "Honesty is refreshing isn't it?" Charlotte nodded softly and turned around, staring directly at the two women who had accompanied her. They seemed somewhat awestruck, though not in a good way. Rather they seemed to be shocked by Andrew's cavalier attitude. "Alright darlings, thank you for the touch up. If you wouldn't mind giving me a minute with my co-star here." There was an odd sweetness in her voice then, almost saccharine. The two nodded and immediately understood what was about to happen.

Turning her attention back to Andrew she sighed ever-so-softly. "Big action star." Charlotte drew herself ever closer to him, standing now uncomfortably close, raising a delicate hand she poked at his chest with her right index finger. "Lots of big, big movies." Looking up at him she let her smile fade. "So... why aren't you in one right now?" Charlotte seemed sincere, though her tone for the first time had changed to be slightly, ever so gently mocking in nature. "Isn't DeSpirito, you know the biggest director of those movies filming one right now?" Charlotte knew the answer was, and she knew the roles weren't coming like they used to for him.

"Curious." Charlotte stepped back for a moment and shook her head. "You care more about people you'll never meet than those who are right in front of you... so close you could touch them." Another sigh. "You're only as good as your last movie. And thanks to me, it's going to be a fantastic one." Charlotte raised her hand again, resting her fingers now on his cheek, she tapped it playfully and walked away from him, throwing her hands in the air as if feigning defeat.

The director, having been approached by the sent off hair and make-up staffer was now focused on only one thing. He watched Charlotte and Andrew, shaking his head in bitter disappointment. "What is it about those two?! They look so good together on camera, but there's no chemistry. None! She's the best damn actress in this business right now!" He allowed his frustration to wash over him. Something had to be done about this.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Andrew wanted to snap back with a clever retort as Charlotte mocked him, but nothing came out. He just stood there, taking it all. Not because he was doing some sort of high-road thing, but because he knew she was right. He was a good actor, especially in action movies, but in the last couple years he let the fame and glory affect the way he acted, and word started to get around to many directors, producers, and anyone else who might have an ear for this kind of thing. Sure, he was able to keep most of his fans on his side, but most movie-makers decided to just stop working with him.

So Andrew just stood there, staring at Charlotte. Although he didn't care for her, up until this point he was indifferent about her. But now he was feeling resentment towards her. Sure, he wasn't doing too great recently, but he used to be a big name movie star. She might have been one of, if not the, best actresses around, but when Andrew lost his star power he had to settle with the kind of movies she was making a living on. Andrew arrogantly believed that still made him more respectable than her.

As Charlotte walked away, Andrew started thinking of ways he could prove her wrong, even if deep down he knew she was right. He took a seat on a nearby chair and pulled his phone out again, pondering what he could do. After a few moments of thinking, and switching his gaze from his phone to Charlotte, he thought of what he believed to be a great idea. He opened up one of the social media apps on his phone and started a livestream on it.

"Hey guys, Andrew here with a quick live behind the scenes of another great movie we are in the process of filming right now!" He briefly panned his phone around to let his audience have a small view of the scenery. Most of the crew ignored him, as this was not the first time he'd done something like this. "I had an epiphany in the middle of this really emotional scene." He paused for dramatic effect. "It hit me that we don't pay enough attention to the people around us nowadays, and I think we need to change that. So you should all join me in a challenge to not use any social medias for a whole week, and instead interact with people in real life. That means I won't be posting anything else for a week, but I think this will be a great chance for us to really get to know the people around us."

Andrew looked over at Charlotte with a smirk implying he was more than capable of actually interacting with people around him, then he turned his attention back to his phone. "This will be the last time you hear from me for a week, but I think we can do this. Thanks for joining me on this super quick check behind the scenes, and I really hope you all join me in this challenge. This is Andrew Adams, signing out for a week." He smiled into the camera as he ended the stream and pocketed his phone.

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Charlotte was never one to hide in her trailer, instead she preferred to spend her time with her fellow cast and crew. It was something that she had gained a reputation for within the industry. Charlotte was fun, lively, and above all completely approachable. Though it was seldom realized, and if so never spoken that this was not the real Charlotte. It was simply the Charlotte she allowed everyone around her to see. Strong, even perhaps a bit funny at times. It was at this moment, as she stood chatting with her colleagues that a PA slowly walked to her, and without missing a beat Charlotte extended her hand outward, as though waiting to receive something, and within another moment a phone was placed into her waiting hand. Unlike Andrew, Charlotte opted to keep herself as disconnected as possible from the outside world when filming.

The device held now vibrated consistently, bursting to life with activity. Notification after notification. They were all fairly innocuous. Mostly friends checking in or more precisely looking for information.

"Don't forget to call your father." Charlotte wouldn't, she never did, it was his birthday after all.
    "I heard you were in town, let's meet for drinks!" Charlotte's friend Molly, who if being honest, was more than a little irritating from time to time. Charlotte would make some excuse as to why she couldn't.
    "ANDREW ADAMS?! What's he like? Is he as dreamy as he looks on the silver screen?!" Another friend, and another text that would go with a reluctant answer.

Perhaps though, the most jarring was a text from someone she expected. Someone she dreaded, and yet, she would likely still respond in typical fashion. "You let them make bad choices for your look. I saw the background of Andrew's post." Classically disparaging. Might as well be his middle name. Charlotte famously had an on-and-off again boyfriend. His name was Harry, he was older, attractive but ever so arrogant. Harry worked as a television producer, and understood (perhaps too well) that America loved the idea of Charlotte and Harry. Will they or won't they? The public demanded to know. Charlotte was all too happy to leave them guessing. A part of her loved Harry, but a greater part of her detested him with every fiber of her being.

Charlotte smiled and handed the phone back, having done what she needed. "It looks like we're background again for Andrew's latest round of content." Charlotte remarked with little enthusiasm to one of the other actors near her. "Apparently he's quitting all socials for a week." The actor's words had caught Charlotte off guard. She hadn't expected such a response and deep inside she wanted to laugh. "I love that." She responded kindly. It was a well known fact that Charlotte avoided all social media at all costs. It was the embodiment of how she lived her life. That same careful lie, perfectly constructed. The idea of putting that out into the universe was too much, even for her.

"I can't help but wonder if he'll actually be able to do it. You've seen how glued to that thing he is." Charlotte was referencing his phone, he seemed to always have it out whenever they weren't filming. What gnawed at Charlotte the most was just how much time she actually seemed to spend thinking about Andrew. Over the week or two they had been filming he seemed always to be somewhere in her mind. Usually irritating, but why? Charlotte couldn't seem to let it go.

When all was said and done the Director appeared, and had summoned the cast back to work. Charlotte, like always, was bound to shine, to dazzle, it was after all, what she did best. No matter what the dark truth may be.